S0L

Latari unboxing video

Someone want to make a card list so I don't need to watch?

Nm, they didn't go into them.  Saw raven tabards, moment of inspiration and wind rune though.

Edited by Darthain

35 minutes ago, TallGiraffe said:

The hero card for putting it in the unit for Aliana adds a white dice and Impact 1 for 12 points. Pretty good.

Yeah that's pretty sweet. Still pricey, but a pretty efficient way to add damage to the unit. Aliana looks super fun to play solo though, so I guess that's the opportunity cost.

FFG seriously needs to stop with the tuck boxers for their expansion. It started with arkham Horror LCG and now this. I despise having to store extra stuff in plastic containers just cause FFG is deciding to be cheap and not make a proper hard cardboard lift box. 

Edited by EpicBubbleSA

1 hour ago, EpicBubbleSA said:

FFG seriously needs to stop with the tuck boxers for their expansion. It started with arkham Horror LCG and now this. I despise having to store extra stuff in plastic containers just cause FFG is deciding to be cheap and not make a proper hard cardboard lift box. 

Man, it would be so great if the packaging were actually useful at all for storage, instead of just something you dump out and throw away.

2 hours ago, EpicBubbleSA said:

While I kinda agree with you, I still think that is customer entitlement. 

FFG does what FFG does. I neither believe it is my consumer's right to have a more durable box nor do I think I deserve a qualified box that meets my subjective cardboard preferences. 

However, I'd prefer a stronger/tougher/durable box that saves me the trouble of customizing it to meet my (possibly petty) preferences. As of right now I store miniatures in tuck boxes but keep all components in the core boxes; one is a Waiqar quick play box (with tokens, rulers, cards, discs) with another for the Daqan...my initial intention was to do the same for the Aymhelin forces ... nevertheless, no big deal, as I will cut the box up and use the artwork to make a new durable box. Done it before for other games and I will do it again. 

Edited by Hellfire33

5 hours ago, TallGiraffe said:

While I kinda agree with you, I still think that is customer entitlement. 

Customer entitlement does seem like one kind of entitlement that actually makes sense though.  I mean, we do pay for the things.  

How many of you are picking up Elves just for the Daqar support?  What about playing the faction Primarily?

I'm going to try to play 100% faction-pure Daqar, as I see them as viable once the crossbowmen are released.  An array of cavalry

would be such fun though.

1 hour ago, Blutsteigen said:

How many of you are picking up Elves just for the Daqar support?  What about playing the faction Primarily?

I'm going to try to play 100% faction-pure Daqar, as I see them as viable once the crossbowmen are released.  An array of cavalry

I'm going whole hog in elves, have 2 core 1 of everything preordered.  Holding out on second infantry for now.

My painting bench cries salty tears.

9 hours ago, Blutsteigen said:

I'll just pick up one core of elves, and that should do it for my non-Uthuk units. If miracles happened and I got rich, they'd be my second faction, but I'm not holding my breath.

Edited by Budgernaut

9 hours ago, Blutsteigen said:

I was 90% sure I'd be all-in on Elves from the first preview. A couple weeks after they finally spoiled the points cost for Deepwood Archers, I played a proxy game to try something out, and instantly affirmed my commitment.

I've got two cores and an expansion each pre-ordered, though the list I proxied could be done without a couple of the expansions.

21 hours ago, Blutsteigen said:

If/when I pick up Latari, it'll be to do both. Daqan support in ranged or cavalry could be nice, but on their own the Latari look pretty good and thematic. 

I don't think I'll be selling off one of the Core armies anytime soon. I had the thought to maybe drop one, but that would only be after next year when hopefully the fifth faction drops. 

27 minutes ago, Hawkman2000 said:

If/when I pick up Latari, it'll be to do both. Daqan support in ranged or cavalry could be nice, but on their own the Latari look pretty good and thematic. 

I don't think I'll be selling off one of the Core armies anytime soon. I had the thought to maybe drop one, but that would only be after next year when hopefully the fifth faction drops. 

Wait are you saying Daqan can take Latari Cavalry? Cause they can only take infantry with Kari.