Richardbuxton

Sorry About The Mess: Arena C

116 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I'll take the freedom to GM here (or at least set the scene so you two can start at anytime)

Heat 3C @Imperial Stormtrooper with Omega vs @LordBritish with Tanson Stryder

Location: 19 Construction Side

Range: 92 Long Range

Initative: 94 Vigilance

Destiny: @Imperial Stormtrooper choose low or high, @LordBritish may roll the D100, after that the winner choose his Destiny

 

The Scene: Welcome to New Alderaan, in a mild clima in a valley of the Highlands between meadows and a river, a little comune of Alderran Survivors is buildung a little village. Right now there are 10 buildings (Cityhaal, Groceryshop, a small tower for the "spaceport" (just an open field) and some houses for the refugees) in different states of construction, but not one is finished, the whole village is a construction side. right now the Dusk is near and all the people are in the little tentcity next to the construction side to eat, sleep and just relaxing after a hard day of work.

In the construction village, there are all kinds of tools and materials. Different leviations are accessable and it is easy to find cover anywhere, and behind each corner there may be any Hazard you can think of...

Specials:
1. Best Cover: using the Cover maneuver grants a bonus of +2 against Range weapons.
2. Wet Duraconcret: a Despair may be used to put an enemy into an Ensnare 3 trap that will need a medium coordination check to escape (otherwise the character can escape after 3 rounds automatically)
3. Dusk: it is getting dark with in the Valley. One setback to all Vision related checks (e.g. perception, vigilance (even at the initative roll), attacks)

Good hunt you two!

Edited by Nightone
SavageBob likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Ok I stand in and will take up Tanson.

Roll for Destiny: 63          it's high, Tanson may choose: since he just had an evil dark encounter, his spirits got darkend: Choose darkside

Roll for Destinypool1eF: 1 Dark Side [1eF=DS]
f-ds.png

Initative (vigilance including setback): 2eA+1eP+1eS: 1 success, 3 advantage [2eA=A/A, A/A] [1eP=S] [1eS=Th]
a-a-a.pnga-a-a.pngp-s.pngs-th.png

well that could have been better. So Tanson will suffer 2 Strain for Rapid Reaction to add two success to the Roll.

3 Successes, 3 Advantages

WT:0/12     ST:2/17     DP: 1B+?

you may roll your Dice @Imperial Stormtrooper

Edited by Nightone
Richardbuxton likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Ups overlooked the Scanner googles which would removed the that black one, so it is

3 Sucesses and 4 Advantages ^^

Let's have a Duell!

Edited by Nightone

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Tanson walked along the construction yard of this little soon-to-be-city, where he was employed for an easy guard job.

After what happend on mustafar he needed something that would bring money (this Verpine doc on Corellia wasn't cheap at all) and that would give him time to get a better feeling for his new cybernetic arm.

Brother somehow this life isn't nearly as glamorouse as you had writen in your jornals... Nether the work for the Hutts, nor the freelancing with adventures was really successfull yet...

tanson stopped as he saw in the distance the silhoutte of an humanoid beeing. His scannergoogles identified the person as not affiliated with the alderaanian refugees, so it had to be an intruder...

Crap!!! May be a saboteur! ok this time I wont run! Time to show my worth! ... watch me brother! but first things first!

Tanson took the pill out of the beltpocket and shoved it down, immediatly the engergy rush kicked in!

"Hey bastard, this is private proberty and intruders will be shoot. Without further warning!" he shouted while drawing one of his betrusted Lancers.

 

 

(Quickdraw to take the booster Blue in hand, 1 maneuver to take it. Improved Quickdraw for Lancer. 2 Booster due to quickstrike rank 2, scannergoogles let me ignore view setbacks)

The check will be YYYYBBBPPP

do you want to use  Dodge @Imperial Stormtrooper ??

 

 

 

 

Edited by Nightone

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

 

http://orokos.com/roll/544001

4eP+3eB+1eD+2eC: 1 success, 1 advantage [4eP=-, S/A, A, S] [3eB=-, A, A/A] [1eD=Th] [2eC=F/Th, Th/Th  

Set trigger adds 1 Auto success and 1 auto threat.
So 2 successes = 11 damage with pierce 2

Sure hit! Not enought to take the intruder down. Tanson jumped into cover before the opponent could retaliate.

(Second Maneuver for 2 strain: Taking Cover, adding 2 setback to any range attack)

WT: 0/12 ST: 4/17  DP:2B

Edited by Nightone

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok so I'll take cover (+2 ranged defense and +1 soak), then suffer 2 strain to pull out my energy bow, then attack back.

So, the normal 3 difficulty is reduced to 2 by my telescopic optical sight, and a setback for dusk.

I didn't see any defensive talents on the sheet so I'm just going to roll

 

Attacking the shooter: 4eP+1eA+2eD+1eS 1 failure, 4 advantage, 1 Triumph
p-a.pngp-tr.pngp-a.pngp-s-a.pnga-a.pngd-f-f.pngd-f.pngs--.png

Uh, what?? so +1 advantage so 1 Failure, 5 Advantage, 1 Triumph

I'll spend the triumph to force you to drop what you're wielding, 3 advantage to gain +1 range defense, and add a setback to your next check.

So, 3 Ranged defense, +1 setback for dusk, +1 setback. 5+1 soak, and I'll dodge if you attack me next round.

 

Omega recoiled at the blaster that had been fired at him, ducking behind some concrete barriers, he pulled out his energy bow why does everyone talk too much he thought to himself, he had just needed to sneak through this area without being spotted but that hadn't happened. He popped back up over the barrier and fired at what he assumed was a guard for the construction area. And missed, what, how???? it had been so long since he had missed, but the guard looked very disoriented by his attack, maybe he had a chance to survive this after all.

 

WT: 8/18

ST: 4/14

DP: 2 Dark

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

You forgot to roll two setback for my cover. (From my second maneuver)

Edited by Nightone

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Nightone said:

(Quickdraw to take the booster Blue in hand, 1 maneuver to take it. Improved Quickdraw for Lancer. 2 Booster due to quickstrike rank 2, scannergoogles let me ignore view setbacks)

I didn't see any take cover maneuver here, and I didn't see anything in the role-play part of the post indicating that either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

55 minutes ago, Nightone said:

2 successes = 11 damage with pierce 2

Sure hit! Not enought to take the intruder down. Tanson jumped into cover before the opponent could retaliate.

(Second Maneuver for 2 strain: Taking Cover, adding 2 setback to any range attack)

Second maneuver came after my attack ^^

Edited by Nightone

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hmm. so it did... can't believe I missed that...

Need Read more carefully (aka forgotten setbacks): 2eS 0 successes, 1 threat
s-th.pngs--.png

In that case I'll add a boost to my next check rather than a setback to yours. Still going to make you drop your weapon and gain +1 ranged defense.

So I have 3 ranged defense, +1 setback from dusk, and 5+1 soak. 

 

And I'm still going to dodge (x2) if you attack me.

Nightone likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

The enemy aimed well... but not well enought. That guy missed... Then Tanson realized that he had losen the grip of his Lancer, it had fallen to ground.

Ohh come on Tanson what would your brother tell you for this mistake?! Ok no Harm done, yet... just keep the show ongoing!

He picked the Lancer up and in a swift motion he drawed his second Lancer. After a deep breath he looked at his target tried to take aim and fire both blasters at the intruder.

 

(Maneuver for pickup of the Weapon, quickdraw for second lancer, suffer two strain for blazing guns, aim for 2 strain, ignoring the dusk setback due googles.)

Attack with two weapons. The new lancer is the primary weapon.

http://orokos.com/roll/544016

4eP+2eB+1eD+2eC+3eS: 5 successes, 3 threat [4eP=S/S, S/S, S, A/A] [2eB=S, -] [1eD=Th/Th] [2eC=Th, F] [3eS=Th, -, Th]

I will Flip one DP to switch the yellow 2 advantages to 1 Triumph (unmatched fortune)

the new lancer adds 1 Auto success and 1 auto thread.

will use the Triumph to hit also with the second weapon.

Total = 7 successes, 1 Triumph and 8 Threat. 

so 2× 16 damage each with pierce 2.

That should take you out.

Final crit http://orokos.com/roll/544019

24 + 10 LB = 34 Stunned.

 

"Diiieeee!!" An endless stream of blaster bolts destroyed the cover of the intruder and then mowed him down.

Brother I'm able to do it. Able to follow in your footsteps!

So how do I tell the boss about this mess...?

Ending with WT: 0/12 ST: 8/17 DP: 1/1

Edited by Nightone

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now