Richardbuxton

Sorry About The Mess: Arena A

74 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Ok I'll go with the white side this time (since you are a darksider I think it's suiteable ^^)

Destiny Check: 1eF: 1 Light Side [1eF=LS]
f-ls.png

Initative Check: 2eA+1eP: 5 successes, 1 Triumph [2eA=S/S, S/S] [1eP=Tr]
a-s-s.pnga-s-s.pngp-tr.png

Wuhuuuu (I'd like to get a free maneuver before the start of the encounter)

8 hours ago, Richardbuxton said:

Im happy to have an interesting encounter, are we including the full scenario options without the Law Enforcement option?

Yes of course everything on the table and additional whatever makes sense in the situation. (I'll set the stage so that everything can occur: )

 

Bulk was walking on one of the fresh cleaned Skywalks through Coronet, he had just placed the unlucky Rodian thug, he encountered on the volcanic planet the day before, in the hands of Doc Morrisan. A skilled verpine medic that won't ask silly question about what happend to a potential patient, as long as he could make money out of him... and an armreplacement wasn't cheap.

He got some juicy nerf-meatballs from a streetvendor, that was early to catch all those hungry buisnessmen on theire way to work.

Slowly the skywalk filled with people, the first people appeared on the streets and it was getting somewhat crowdy... well not for Bulk himself as most bypasser would really take care to not cross the heavy armored niktos way.

More and more shops and cafés were opening as he tagged along and on the other side the skytrafficway became alive with a lot of noise, when repulsors and rearengines were making theire morning statements.

Suddenly something was different, he couldn't crasp it first... he felt like watched? No the feeling was more heavy, but he couldn't put the finger on it... it was like when he met his Master, the old wookie Raaarwucca, for the last time...

Suddenly at one of the many Crossroad where a bridge would lead to another Skywalk he stopped moving... just some meters in front him stood a guy dressed in a heavy looking black armor as opposite to his silvery armor.

The guy had an ancient looking shield on his back, but nothing else that looked like a weapon on first glace... they starred at each other, then Bulk just smiled... and shouted over the strong wind that was blowing:

"Whats up with ya? Wanna fight? You look like somewhat worthy! READY?"

Edited by Nightone
spelling...again

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

He took some steps forward.

"Hey ya men in black! Ya deaf? Have I too make ya listen?!"

Bulk was full of adrenaline and serotonine, full of joy since he got the feeling that this guy will be worth his time!

(That was the free maneuver to get to close range) 

Before I start: any upgrades for me, due to ooti from you? Or something to narrate?

Edited by Nightone

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was thinking Bulk got such a jump on Arrther that whatever comes his way is unexpected. No shield out so no defence, no Saber so no Parry.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok 1 Maneuver crossing in to engaged +1 for 2 strain to aim + 1 strain for frenzy attack upgrade.

http://orokos.com/roll/542389

6 successes, 3 advantage

Yep hitting with 16 damage + 4 due to Martial Grace (2strain)= 

Will hit with 1 crit and regain 2 strain.

Crit roll and narrativ once I'm awake again. (Sorry it is 0:00 am over here have to catch some sleep)

Richardbuxton likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Ok I think I could easily demolish you at this point... but that would be boring, and it wouldn't be appropirate for Bulk to smash you to death with an mega Kombo just yet (all you did was not realize me) so I'll give you a bit of a chance to recover!

Crit roll: 38 +10 (lethal blows) = 48 Headringer (increase Difficulty of Inteligence and Cunning checks once for the rest of encounter)

 

Bulk closed in on the guy in black, that was glaring onto the trafficway, seeming not even noticeing bulk.

He didn't even look at me?

"HEY YA BASTARD! I AM TALKING TO YOU!!"

Bulk hates to be ignored, he really got the same feeling as from his old master and that was making him angry!
If you are ignored do something to get acknowledged!
His master always told him that before utterly crushing Bulks spirits...

But he also told him: dance like a wooshryy-fairy but smash like a thermal detonator!
Bulk never liked the dancing, but oh man, did he like the smashing part...

He grab the unaware glaring man on the shoulders and with one strong uppercup to the face he sent him flying for several meters until he crashed into some tables and chairs of the outerior of a café. People were running and screaming now... for Bulk it was the background music of his life, and he liked it.

"Sooo I ask again! Ya wanna fight?!" he smiled at the guy that was limbing out of the ruble that once were furniture.

The "send flying" and "you standing up again" part is totally Fluff. we are at engaged. But since this hit was really like a TD impact you may decide that it kicked you out of engaged (basicly I grant you a free extra move maneuver if you want. decide what ever is the best for you to recover a bit)

WT: 0/25 ST: 3/13 DP: 1W - 2B

 

 

Edited by Nightone

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

It was a glorious day on Coronet, the sunshine was warm and the skies clear. The bustle of daily life was filling the streets as pedestrians walked the skywalks and airspeeders zipped by. Nearby a group of children played pretend Swoop racing, running around a make believe track and bumping each other out of the way.

Arrther noticed none of it. The Black Suns have a price on my head dad, apparently that job for the Zann ticked the wrong people off. If Yalee would just show her head I could get this all sorted out... where is she?

He kept walking down the street towards his destination, a small cantina where he knew a guy who always had a finger on the pulse of the underworld Where is she...

Whack!!!!!

Suddenly, completely out of nowhere, a vicious attacker slammed into Arrther. Caught completely off guard he crashed into nearby caff house tables, scattering customers and sending food flying across the skywalk.

"Who the f*** are you, you dead lunatic!"

Blood ran down the Mandaloriens face, a huge gash across his forehead, his back ached from crashing into the tables. What a mess.

In an fluid motion his shield swung fluidly off his back and in a blink of an eye his Saber was in his hand... He stepped backwards and right off the edge of the skywalk with more trust in his gravschute than this wild Nikto.

Calling up from below he knew this was not ending now, he had a fight on his hands and it was going to take all his skill to survive "Who sent you, assassin?"

 

(Manoeuvre to draw shield, incidental for the Saber, Manoeuvre to leap to the path below. Gravschute stops all fall Damage)

 

Edited by Richardbuxton
Nightone and Rostek Horn like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

For a moment he was irritated, that Lightsaber took him by suprise.

Haven't seen one of those in a long time...

"Me send? No one! I just want ta Fight with ya! Had this feeling 'bout ya. And now I know why! Ya have da same weapon as da old furball had... well his was orange not red like yours but well no real difference I guess"

Climb and jump athletic check to get down to you (since it is short range I think easy is apropiate + set back for wind)

4eA+2eP+1eD+1eS: 2 successes, 2 advantage [4eA=A/A, S/A, A, -] [2eP=S, -] [1eD=Th] [1eS=Th]
a-a-a.pnga-s-a.pnga-a.pnga--.pngp-s.pngp--.pngd-th.pngs-th.png

With a little leap he set over the rails of the skywalk migiating the range for the jump further than he jumps controlled like he learned in the lower branches of Woshyrtrees on Kashyyyk a long time ago.

Crap even more memories of that old geezer are popping up.

He's landing lightly bowing his knees to reduce any impact to nothing.

"Ok now enought runnin' ya are not that kind of a frightend ... Maaa wait a moment"

His HUD was blinking quite anoying, the Bounty-"Face and Body"- recognition-system was ringing all alarmbells.

A little whistle came from his lips... while he moved his fingers to the helmet.

"Wow man... Ya really had someone pissed off, huh? That are a lot of credits on ya head... without much difference if alive or dead... Ok man now I'm pumped up!"

He stopped a second.

"Huh I have to rephrase my first answer, those guys from Black Sun now send me... more or less!"

Ok he uses a lightsaber so I'll have to fight like the old geezer showed me... I hate to rely on that but no choise here.

By slightly changeing his weight and bring one arm fore and the other to the back, Bulk now looked a lot more like a real martial artist and a lot less than a brute wrestling brawler.

"Ya turn, lad!" he smiled again.

Action for the jump within short range, maneuver for defensive maneuver (one setback on attacks for us both of us until the end of my next turn) I'll use the advantages to regain 2 strain

WT: 0/25 ST: 1/13 DP: 1W - 2B

Edited by Nightone
spelling... whatelse

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow, this guys serious, he actually wants a fight.

Working quickly Arrther dropped a Stimpack out of his belt pouch and jabbed it in his neck, his head stopped bleeding almost straight away, deep breath.

Then he launched his attack. Putting all his weight into it he threw his Saber straight at his foe, this needed to end quickly.

(Manoeuvre to use Stimpack, Falling Avalanche for 2 Strain, Saber Throw action

Saber Throw at The Bulk: 2eA+3eP+1eD+2eS+1eF 4 successes, 3 advantage, 1 Dark Side
a-s.pnga-a-a.pngp-s-s.pngp-a-a.pngp-s-s.pngd-th.pngs-f.pngs--.pngf-ds.png

Saber Throw at The Bulk forgot 1 Setback: 1eS 1 failure
s-f.png

So flip a Destiny and suffer a strain to use the Dark Side 18 Damage before you Soak. 

I'll spend Advantage soon 

Nightone likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

He saw the saber, that was thrown at him, flying through the air... than the lightblade tried to cut through him but his special armor was designed to withstand those kinds of attack... evenso there was quite an impact on him and the heat of the blade burned his skin on several spots. Then he realized that the saber had fallen down next to him.

Hmm that never happened to the Old Geezer...

He was still smiling the pain encourages him.

"Yes that's the spirit Lad!"

After soak there will be 9 damage left (since I can't parry a range attack)

WT: 9/25 ST: 1/13 DP: 2W - 1B

waiting for the Advantages

Edited by Nightone

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Oh no, not again! Dam that Saber, dam you dad! Why didn't you finish training me before disappearing? Arrther knew things where bad, but he wouldn't give up his life that easy. He dived forward drawing his Saber back to his hand with the handy magnetic tether, catching his foe off guard.

(2 Advantage to add a setback to your check: It will be 5 with 2 defence, the environment, your manoeuvre and this one. 1 Advantage to recover 1 Strain. Suffering 2 Strain to Engage and pick back up the Saber)

9/17 Wounds

4/13 Strain 

2W - 1B

Edited by Richardbuxton
Nightone likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

"Yes! Come at me!"

Bulk was was prepared to take the black armored guy - Arrther, according to the Bounty-Notification -headon. but then the guy went diving down to grab the saber he had just lost. Which was a bit unexpected and throw Bulk slightly of course, but he was full of adrenaline which convertered to his attackpower.

Attacking the diving Arrther (+1 Boost due to aim and 5 Setbacks + 1 Upgrade for frenzy attack (suffer 1 strain)

2eA+4eP+1eB+2eD+5eS: 1 success, 3 advantage [2eA=S/A, S] [4eP=A/A, A/A, A/A, S/A] [1eB=S] [2eD=Th/Th, F/Th] [5eS=-, F, Th, F, Th]
a-s-a.pnga-s.pngp-a-a.pngp-a-a.pngp-a-a.pngp-s-a.pngb-s.pngd-th-th.pngd-f-th.pngs--.pngs-f.pngs-th.pngs-f.pngs-th.png

= 11 Damage + 4 due martial Grace (2 strain) = 15 before soak/parry 

Even with parry I'll land the hit and will use one advantage to crit: 6 + 20 (LB+former crit) =26 Discouraging Wound - One DP is flipped in my favour = 3 White!

with a flurry of puches and kicks he played with his opponent like a lothalcat with a lame mouse and finished the attack of with his claws ripping through the face of his enemy.

"What's up? That's all ya got? Stand Up fight like a man! Or did your father not taught you how to do so?" he sounded very confident which seemed to boost his spirits, as well as the screaming of all the eyewittnesses.

Just like that time in the colloseum...

Regaining 1 strain and gaining 1 boost for the next action due to the 2 advantages left.

WT: 9/25 ST: 3/13 DP: 3W - 0B

Edited by Nightone

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

(Suffer 3 Strain to Parry, reducing damage by 4, soaking a further 7, suffer 4 wounds. 12/17 Wounds, 7/13 Strain)

"Gahhh. You monster!" Arrther ducks low under a swipe, bashes away another with his sword and lets his armour take a few hits, but still he is tiring quickly. I need more space from this crazy Nikto, jumping worked last time let's try again.

With that he swung low and tried cutting into his foe with force before running to the edge and leaping off to the level below.

 

Saber Swing at The Bulk: 2eA+3eP+2eD+3eS 3 successes, 3 advantage
a-a-a.pnga-s.pngp-a-a.pngp-s-a.pngp-s-a.pngd-th.pngd-th.pngs--.pngs--.pngs-th.png

(Falling Avalanche again for 2 Strain, 18 Damage again, 2 Advantage to Crit and 1 to recover a Strain. Disengage with a manoeuvre then spend a second for 2 Strain to leap off again)

Crit on The Bulk: 1d100 49

Same as Arrthers first, Head Ringer suffer +1 Difficulty to Intelect and Cunning.

12/17 wounds (you where correct)

10/13 Strain

3L 0D

Edited by Richardbuxton

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

He is is quite fierce with his strikes! Good!

"YES! YES!"

most of the humans sword skrikes Bulk can Ignore, others he parries effortlessly but then there is this one low starting Upward strike the Human puts all his desperate might in. He hits the Helmet and Bulk can feel the pain while his ears are ringing.

"Arrgh Hard to think... What a FUN!!"

Is all he mutters while the mando was leap again to a lower stage.

"Ok End of Round two! prepare for the next one..."

Quickly he took 2 Stimpack out of his belt pouches and injected them directly to the veins in his Arms were a little vent for needles was in his armour, the most of the pain was gone immediatly. Then he leap once again over the rails as he did before to reach his running opponent.

Climbing and jumping down: 4eA+2eP+1eB+1eD+1eS: 2 successes, 4 advantage [4eA=A, S/S, -, A] [2eP=S/A, A] [1eB=S] [1eD=F] [1eS=F]
a-a.pnga-s-s.pnga--.pnga-a.pngp-s-a.pngp-a.pngb-s.pngd-f.pngs-f.png

 

he lands in a perfect manner, going over to a stance that indicates that he is ready to attack, his stare is intimidating the mando when it catched his eyes.

"Did ya miss me? Better Stop running or I may really get mad at ya!"

 

I use Unarmed parried for 2 strain, migiating damage by 4 and 9 soak, so I gain 5 damage. After that using both free hands to grab 2 stimpacks as incidentals from different pouches and using both maneuvers again suffering 2 Strain to incect them healing 9 Wounds. Action for jumping down to you.

using the advantages for 1 boost and strain regeneration for me and 1 setback for you.

We are once again on short range!

WT: 5/25  ST: 6/13

Edited by Nightone

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"You just keep coming don't you! Bloody keen for a fight with your fancy armour and sharp claws, you should go back to tree climbing..."

Arrther throws his Saber again, hoping things work better this time, it dance out around his attacker and completely misses, going skipping across the ground! 

Whats wrong today with me! I can't even hit a flesh monster at five paces.

 

Saber Throw at The Bulk: 2eA+3eP+1eD+3eS+1eF 4 successes, 1 Dark Side
a-a-a.pnga-a.pngp-s.pngp-s-s.pngp-s.pngd-th.pngs-th.pngs-th.pngs--.pngf-ds.png

So that's a miss without a Destiny to spend, Arrther engages the Saber and brings it back to his hand... today is not his day.

Im off to sleep now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Once again the saber came flying but while Bulk is bracing himself for the impact, he realizes that the red Light is only circling him without even one hit before it clatters away and the Human retakes it with a dash.

He sighns...
May be he had to high expectations for the human

"Ya know I really hated all the tree-stuff the old geezer had put me through and to be honest I'm slightly mad that I really had to use those skills today..."

he pauses

"Ok let's put an end to this, shall we?"

All out TWO WEAPON BRAWL Attack (1 maneuver to engage, 1 to aim (2 strain), upgrade with frenzy attack (1 Strain) upgrade with DP Flip)

1eA+5eP+2eB+3eD+3eS: 2 successes, 2 advantage, 1 Triumph [1eA=S/A] [5eP=Tr, S, -, S, S/A] [2eB=-, A/A] [3eD=Th, F/Th, F/F] [3eS=-, -, -]
a-s-a.pngp-tr.pngp-s.pngp--.pngp-s.pngp-s-a.pngb--.pngb-a-a.pngd-th.pngd-f-th.pngd-f-f.pngs--.pngs--.pngs--.png

12 damage on the first hit triumph to hit the second time, adding 4 damage with martial grace (2 Strain) = 16 damage

you are only able to parry one time to megiate 4 Damage so ether hit let you take damage. 10 in total after soak and and parry, that carries you over your threshold, adding both advantages to the crit roll.

Final Crit: 52 + 30 + 20  = 102 maimed (hmm I've got a deja vú)

 

He puts all his skill as a martial artist and evenmore strength in his assault, Punch over Punch, Kick over kick, every inch of his body is a weapon, the head, the claws, knees, ellbows and he utilizes them all at the Mando which tries to defend him self at first but then as his body weakens with each hit he is overwhelmed by the fierce niktos attacks. It all ends when the nikto sewered the weaponarm of the human.

He holds the Mando on his throat over the chasem. "Da Fight is over I disarmed ya! Black Sun will pay me for ya, alive even better then dead!"

then his voice became much clearer and much colder than before. "Memorize this day Arrther, will you! You've learned fear and desperation and you've learned defeat! But since you fought quite well I'll award you with an opportunity, I hope you are able to use it! I'll be looking forward to meet you again!" Then he watches the swollen eyes of Arrther going dimm.

 

Sometime later he was checking his bankaccount with quite a happy smile. Now he had the urge to do some party... once he got rid of the Corellian law enforcment troops and the CorSec guys that were on his trail... persitent bastards...

 

Much later Arrther will awake in the containmentcell of an Black Sun transporter, while his belongings are gone as well as his arm, he will see the cylindric cap of the lightsaber where his shoulder bone should be... remebers quite a broken prostetic... "No pain no gain" is carved with an utterly claw on the seeable sid of the metall.

Ending with:
WT: 5/25  ST: 11/13

 

 

Edited by Nightone

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good fight! Wow that was tough, you had me right from the start. Your definitely putting out far more damage, and could keep in the front foot while Arrther was always trying to recover.

Nightone likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes this time the starting options were really in my favor, If I hadn't had the first go I think I would have needed longer since you the would have your defenses up.

But it was good move to attack my "weak spot" with the saber throw, and also the hit and run ehrmmm jump tactic gave you some air to breath since I don't use many gadgets I always have to struggle with the most enviormental problems (this time the jumps last fight the toxic air)

Ok I still keep up due to my high Brawn / Coordination and Athletics but it sure is always against Bulks beloved "attack to smash good!" tactic ^^

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah definitely. Had the initiative gone my way then moving to half Medium of Long to keep distance would have been a good tactic.

The Force was not my friend this time, a severe drawback of the character is only Force Rating 1. Armourer would have perhaps been a better choice of Specialisation, and given up on Parry/Reflect.

The defensive talents Arrther has have turned out to be useless, not once has a Despair turned up and the cost to use is too high. sense is also useless since it prevents Saber Throw.

The character really wants to be engaged with Ranged opponents and at range from melee opponents, it's a tough balance.

 

Nightone and awayputurwpn like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Richardbuxton said:

The character really wants to be engaged with Ranged opponents and at range from melee opponents, it's a tough balance.

Will be especaly hard with your next enemy! The Wookie martial Artist with his big bad gun.

 

23 minutes ago, Richardbuxton said:

Had the initiative gone my way then moving to half Medium of Long to keep distance would have been a good tactic.

well wouldn't be to use full since saber throw is a medium attack, if you had gone to long after a throw, all i had to do would just be waiting one turn for you to come back to medium by just usin the stimpacks (with no option to escape again with in the same turn) Then I would had been able to engage again to kick Arrthers ***, after that you wouldn't be able to get to long that easy again.  But I wouldn't be able to get the Aim boost.

Funny thing about "half medium": it still counts as medium if you start at medium or closer so an engaging enemy would still only need 2 maneuvers to engage ^^. (also funny if you start on long and only use one maneuver to move it still counts as long and and fleeing enemy could get to extrem with just two maneuvers)

Richardbuxton likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now