Sign in to follow this  
Isawa Enns

(Spoiler) Utaku Infantry - Kolat Information Network

1 minute ago, RandomJC said:

And out of the gate, utaku aren't all female.

Was it that the Utaku were all female?  Or just that their riders were all female?  I'm not familiar enough with Unicorn in ol5r sry lol

1 minute ago, shosuko said:

Was it that the Utaku were all female?  Or just that their riders were all female?  I'm not familiar enough with Unicorn in ol5r sry lol

Battle Maidens were all females. Males could join other schools though. Just not the shiotome or ride the Utaku Warhorses.

Nice, Utaku infantry.  Now I can trigger my Versatile Army for free!  That's still a card ... right?

He's guaranteed to be 1/1, pretty easy to push to 2/2 for only 1 fate.  I like it, he's a solid little chud.  No Doomed Shugenja, but hey, you can't have everything.

That name is just awful. The card isn't terribly bad for a 1 cost, although I would have loved this card as a conflict character. He'll fill out some slots simply because of the cost but I'm not sure about Unicorn Swarm decks until we see more characters.

To be honest, I'm more interested in a tricky Unicorn deck that focuses on movement/untap effects and abilities. One that uses Battle Maidens. Or a completely different spin on political decks with the Ide.

4 hours ago, Wintersong said:

Battle Maidens were all females. Males could join other schools though. Just not the shiotome or ride the Utaku Warhorses.

The third edition of the RPG also had a school specifically for Male Utakus, called the Utaku Infantry School.  It was in Secrets of the Unicorn, if I'm not mistaken.  Not sure if fourth edition eventually adapted it or not.

1 hour ago, Asako Taiyo said:

The third edition of the RPG also had a school specifically for Male Utakus, called the Utaku Infantry School.  It was in Secrets of the Unicorn, if I'm not mistaken.  Not sure if fourth edition eventually adapted it or not.

The 3rd edition version was in Masters of War. The 4th edition version was in Imperial Histories 2??

Delicious purple spoilers. At last!

He seems decent for his cost, but ultimately will depend on just how swarmy the rest of the Clan is.

Regardless, Tairu plus obviously 100% kolat. All good.

Further evidence for the "Versatile Unicorn" theory!

I like them. Two of these bad boys will be able to break most undefended provinces with either conflict type for only 2 Fate. That's a real threat.

Let's see if the Unicorn get cards to support a swarm strategy.

2 hours ago, Kitsu Seinosuke said:

Further evidence for the "Versatile Unicorn" theory!

I like them. Two of these bad boys will be able to break most undefended provinces with either conflict type for only 2 Fate. That's a real threat.

Let's see if the Unicorn get cards to support a swarm strategy.

And in this version of the game, we don't have to overcommit the crap out of them just so they don't die to battle resolution!

5 hours ago, Asako Taiyo said:

My RPG rules are quite dusty but somewhere must be the Stable Master thing, of which Kojiro, kamoko's father, was. It was mentioned before the Infantry school, I think.

And then we have Otaku Morito who wanted to ride one of the sacred Utaku steeds despite being forbidden because of being male, trying to ride one in secret, breaking the horse's leg and being kicked out of the clan for idiocy. XD