Jump to content
DerDelphi

New "Dark Reflections" DLC

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, TXCanuck said:

Interesting that iOS is not mentioned as available.

I guess that the App Store review process got in the way and FFG felt dumb going without any announcement while everyone and their grandma are already playing the new content.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Probably got stuck in Apple app review limbo. Apps are generally updated on Thursday. You can see the new DLC in the MoM app on iOS but you can’t purchase it yet. Just says “Unavailable.”  Also, the app loads way slow now, even on a brand new 10.5” iPad Pro.  So maybe thre is some other bug that is blocking.  Oh well. I am sure it will be sorted out shortly. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The apple app store is always slow. If you are going to use apple products, that is going to be the norm. Luckly they don't take too too long. Maybe tomorrow or by Monday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Played this last night. No problems with the Steam pc version. We won! I think we got the best outcome, but honestly, the story feels so open that there may be multiple multiple paths to this one. I wouldn't be surprised, but seeing as how it takes 3-4 hours to finish, I'm not sure when I'll have the stamina to play it again without knowing for sure.

It  was really fun. A little light on the combat, which I enjoyed. Had a lot of fun trying to piece together the story. Was slightly sad that the story was pretty much what it appeared to be with few 'twists' but it's a game, not a novel.

Edited by Soakman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just got back from playing the new scenario with a couple of friends and we had an absolute blast - probably ranks in the top 3 for me from the current available content. Loved the mix and pacing of the action/exploration/tension. Really great structure and notably great writing in this one. Felt legitimately creepy and mysterious. Looking forward to playing a few more times to see variations and other endings!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Aaron Foss said:

Just got back from playing the new scenario with a couple of friends and we had an absolute blast - probably ranks in the top 3 for me from the current available content. Loved the mix and pacing of the action/exploration/tension. Really great structure and notably great writing in this one. Felt legitimately creepy and mysterious. Looking forward to playing a few more times to see variations and other endings!

Wow, we had the complete opposite. Was over in no time, almost nothing happened, and the there was next to no challenge. Really not worth the money at all this one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/7/2017 at 3:18 PM, palleon said:

Wow, we had the complete opposite. Was over in no time, almost nothing happened, and the there was next to no challenge. Really not worth the money at all this one.

Over in no time? It took us 4 hours. It certainly wasn't the hardest scenario ever, but one of our 3 investigator team did lose due to insanity. One won despite his insanity. One didn't go insane, but had a single sanity left. In my opinion, it seemed to be one of the longer ones though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 08/08/2017 at 10:24 PM, Soakman said:

Over in no time? It took us 4 hours. It certainly wasn't the hardest scenario ever, but one of our 3 investigator team did lose due to insanity. One won despite his insanity. One didn't go insane, but had a single sanity left. In my opinion, it seemed to be one of the longer ones though.

Took about 2 hours. We saw one monster. Was very underwhelmed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, palleon said:

Took about 2 hours. We saw one monster. Was very underwhelmed.

That's very strange. In the version of it we played, there was no way to spawn less than 5 monsters, and it took double that amount of time.  Granted the monsters were more of a timing delay mechanism with horror checks than something that actively chased your investigators down, but they were still there, and still needed combat checks to kill.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We played in a little over two hours as well.  Had really only one monster spawn that we took care of so at least in our first playing it was also light on combat.  That being said though, everyone really enjoyed it and had a fun time. We liked the setting, story and especially the humor of the main damsel in distress aspiring novelist Ada Miller that we were going to save.  Some great funny lines.  We'd play again with different characters to see if there are different endings.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, cgvenuti said:

We played in a little over two hours as well.  Had really only one monster spawn that we took care of so at least in our first playing it was also light on combat.  That being said though, everyone really enjoyed it and had a fun time. We liked the setting, story and especially the humor of the main damsel in distress aspiring novelist Ada Miller that we were going to save.  Some great funny lines.  We'd play again with different characters to see if there are different endings.

 

Wow, this sounds entirely different than the story we got.  My curiosity is piqued.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We played is last night with five players. It took us four hours with lots of giggling and laughing. There was one monster spawn which Mateo vaporized with magic. Mateo made sure everyone had buckets of clue tokens with his focusing.  We took major damage as a team but with all the healing, we lost no one. We all agreed that it was was the stinkier ending than possible. A victory of sorts but certainly not a slam dunk, we are going back for that better ending.

I think the complaints people are having about this adventure are fair. It's not a bad adventure just not a combat adventure. It's clearly ponderous investigation with a time limit and the adventure is pretty honest about that from the start. 

If you want killing and murder there are some guys on Sentinel Hill awaiting your loving massacre or the Re-animator Zeds of Dearly Departed. If you want a solid 60s or 70's haunted house adventure (Legend of **** house, 13 ghosts, House on Haunted Hill) then this is the adventure for you. Apparently there is a way to have the board covered in critters. We did not take that story path and I'm intrigued and ready to give it another go. I try to key the adventure to the mood of the night and there are lots of nights we want just investigate. This one NAILS it.

TEAM

  1. Michael Mcglenn and his 2x4 chewed bubble gum and kicked aZZ also solved all the puzzles <_<
    (we found two and a possible other we did not reach)
  2. Rita Young and her blackjack took off into the house like a shot :lol:
  3. Vincent Lee patched up so much blood and pain. What a nightmare! 
  4. Carolie Fern and her psychobabble kept our spirits high :wacko:
  5. Father Mateo and his every spell in the game and ritual dagger (He was like a roving healing psychologizing weapons platform) :blink:

I have pictures I still can't post sadly :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Bibbles said:

We played is last night with five players. It took us four hours with lots of giggling and laughing. There was one monster spawn which Mateo vaporized with magic. Mateo made sure everyone had buckets of clue tokens with his focusing.  We took major damage as a team but with all the healing, we lost no one. We all agreed that it was was the stinkier ending than possible. A victory of sorts but certainly not a slam dunk, we are going back for that better ending.

I think the complaints people are having about this adventure are fair. It's not a bad adventure just not a combat adventure. It's clearly ponderous investigation with a time limit and the adventure is pretty honest about that from the start. 

If you want killing and murder there are some guys on Sentinel Hill awaiting your loving massacre or the Re-animator Zeds of Dearly Departed. If you want a solid 60s or 70's haunted house adventure (Legend of **** house, 13 ghosts, House on Haunted Hill) then this is the adventure for you. Apparently there is a way to have the board covered in critters. We did not take that story path and I'm intrigued and ready to give it another go. I try to key the adventure to the mood of the night and there are lots of nights we want just investigate. This one NAILS it.

TEAM

  1. Michael Mcglenn and his 2x4 chewed bubble gum and kicked aZZ also solved all the puzzles <_<
    (we found two and a possible other we did not reach)
  2. Rita Young and her blackjack took off into the house like a shot :lol:
  3. Vincent Lee patched up so much blood and pain. What a nightmare! 
  4. Carolie Fern and her psychobabble kept our spirits high :wacko:
  5. Father Mateo and his every spell in the game and ritual dagger (He was like a roving healing psychologizing weapons platform) :blink:

I have pictures I still can't post sadly :(

I think you're definitely right about the pacing. It is a investigation over combat scenario. Could somebody spoiler tag or whisper me how they get the path with only 1 monster? I am honestly not even sure who/what that 1 monster is. In the path we took, the board wasn't crawling with monsters, but there were several.  Thanks for your thoughts and recap bibbles. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I sent you a PM about how I encountered only one monster, Soakman.

I really enjoyed the scenario but did notice a few spelling errors here and there.  We ran through with the doctor, psychologist, athlete, debutante, and private eye.  With our skills, I found it pretty easy.  I imagine it would have been more difficult had we done things differently.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, we got trapped in the mirror world. Counted as a success though...

We were too slow I think, but were rather fast when trying to get the monster to turn up, and then killed it in like 3 rounds.

Bit anti-climactic for us, in that we were simply looking all over for items we needed to progress, but just when we found what we were looking for, a strength test was needed and I, the one who found the item, had strength 2. So it took to much time, but on the other hand we knew where all the mirrors were so could get to them rather fast, and then it was just a question of rolling dice to kill the monster (which is the worst kind of ending!). 

Dunno, I think I would like to run it again, we started reading the notes a bit late and so when we were finally actually playing the mission, it was to late. Having the game end with a bunch of dice rolling for a combat you really can't lose (if the players are all in good shape and have useful gear) isn't optimal. But it could be that we were a bit dumb (in not reading the notes earlier) and lucky (lots of lucky rolls made us all be in tip-top shape when the endgame started) that made the session rather railroaded.

Edited by totgeboren

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...