Jedi1993

Who to run alongside Intensity Poe (BB8)?

Poe Dameron (PS9) (33)

Intensity (2)

BB-8 (2)

Primed Thrusters (1)

Autothrusters (2)

Black One (1)

Total: 41

I want to run this build in a few games but I'm not sure what else to put in the list. I'm struggling to fit 2 other decent small ships so potentially something like a Falcon?

Han Solo (46)

Predator (3)

C-3PO (3)

Gunner (5)

Millennium Falcon (1)

Total: 58

I'm aware that R2D2 regen would be more competitive but I'd like to keep this thread focused on variations of the BB8 build.

Edited by Jedi1993

I've been flying that Poe build exclusively since Intensity was spoiled. 

Dash or Leebo are good wingman. As is Han or or Rey. 

You could pair him with Intensity Jake and Sabine in a Tie.

I've  struggled with two more T-70s, but sticking him with Intensity Snap is fun also.

This Poe loves arc dodging and playing in the asteroids. He hates turrets. He needs a bid so he can go last. 

He will die most of the time unless you are very careful with him. As you pointed out, Regen Intensity Poe is objectively probably a lot better but boring to fly. Pre-maneuver barrel rolls make for a more challenging game for you and your opponent. 

Well, both tactically and characterfully there's a lot to be said for Rey.

Rey (plus Finn and usual bells and whistles) is a massively powerful head-on jouster that's tough and hits like a brick.

Poe is a very responsive arc-dodger thanks to his ability to boost, barrel roll and talon roll with little regard to the normal rules of the game.

The two play hammer and anvil very well.

My 3-ship build with Intensity/BB-8 Poe has Intensity Jake and Tarn w/ M9-G8. I considered a Rex with Tactician and BMST, but it's so few points that it's more of a handicap than an intitative bid.

I ran against another player with Intensity and R2-D2 on Poe, Jake with Intensity and Juke, and Stress Hog for the third ship. 

For 2-ship I run Intensity Poe with Super Dash. 

Can someone please explain me the Poe + r2d2 + intensity + comms relay combo?

I fail to see how this combo works, i might been not seen something obvious. What i can see is that this is a tankier build than the BB8 one cuz this one uses r2d2 regen after green moves and keeps the evade token from intensity with comms relay, but if you choose to keep the evade token you cant flip intensity back, and you can´t gain both focus and evade tokens in one turn cuz you need to use boost to gain the evade token. 

So...unless the combo involves spending two turns for flip intensity again i fail to see how this works and how this is a better option than the BB8 combo.

Thank you for the advice

@Nogan  Can you change your settings? The text is very hard to read. 

Turn one you charge up Comms relay, turn two you focus so you can flip Intensity. Then you are either choosing focus or boost as your actions for rest of match until you need to burn the evade token. Then you need to recharge the evade same way. 

But OP wants this thread to be about BB8 Poe so let's keep it focused on that. 

4 minutes ago, Nogan said:

Can someone please explain me the Poe + r2d2 + intensity + comms relay combo?

I fail to see how this combo works, i might been not seen something obvious. What i can see is that this is a tankier build than the BB8 one cuz this one uses r2d2 regen after green moves and keeps the evade token from intensity with comms relay, but if you choose to keep the evade token you cant flip intensity back, and you can´t gain both focus and evade tokens in one turn cuz you need to use boost to gain the evade token. 

So...unless the combo involves spending two turns for flip intensity again i fail to see how this works and how this is a better option than the BB8 combo.

Thank you for the advice

It does involve the first 2 turns.  Poe has to boost to get the evade first turn of the game, use intensity to get the evade.  2nd turn, he focuses, which he spends at the end of the round to flip intensity.  It's tanky because it has an evade token that follows you and regen.  This version of Poe is designed as a hit and run.  Poe dives in, does damage, flies away, regens/regains the evade, than dives back into the fight.

Basically, unless your opponent does alot of damage in that round, Poe is hard to kill and can regenerate whatever shields he loses.  the only downside is that if your opponent is very maneuverable and chases Poe while he runs, than Poe can't regen fast enough and just dies.

3 minutes ago, BlodVargarna said:

@Nogan  Can you change your settings? The text is very hard to read. 

Turn one you charge up Comms relay, turn two you focus so you can flip Intensity. Then you are either choosing focus or boost as your actions for rest of match until you need to burn the evade token. Then you need to recharge the evade same way. 

But OP wants this thread to be about BB8 Poe so let's keep it focused on that. 

Thanks for the swift answer, im still not very convinced about this Poe combo but i will play it to try to understand it. 

Last friday i played the bb8 version with Jess and Nien and they were really fun (melted down a decimator in 3 turns with Jess and Nien and Poe chased down a pair of interceptors) 

50 minutes ago, jmswood said:

I considered a Rex with Tactician

Bugger. Tactician and Suppressing Fire? For a 17 point ship that doesn't actually have to hit you to do anything (and hence can just evade turn after turn), that's going to be annoying.

Edited by Magnus Grendel

7 minutes ago, Magnus Grendel said:

Bugger. Tactician and Suppressing Fire? For a 17 point ship that doesn't actually have to hit you to do anything (and hence can just evade turn after turn), that's going to be annoying.

And the first ship killed, especially when paired with a couple of arc dodging aces.

33 minutes ago, Magnus Grendel said:

Don't forget BMST. 18 points total and some opponents will have to seriously consider chasing a stupid TIE fighter before engaging the rest of your list. 

I like the idea of Han alongside Intensity Poe. Original Han with Expertise, 3PO, Leebo, and Evade title, is very tanky, hits reasonably hard, and, if you're lucky, can Leebo out of arc a few times.

15 hours ago, ArbitraryNerd said:

How does Intensity Poe w/ Dash fair against Rebel Junkyard (Fair Ship Rebels, if you prefer that godawful name)?

I feel like it would mostly be a frustrating and long match.

*fare.

To answer your question, it's not terrible. You can have Dash lead them through some obstacles (or dump debris on them with Rigged Cargo Chute) and chunk away with his HLC.

7 hours ago, StriderZessei said:

*fare.

To answer your question, it's not terrible. You can have Dash lead them through some obstacles (or dump debris on them with Rigged Cargo Chute) and chunk away with his HLC.

Yeah...I second this. I've had a few goes against FSR and while it is beatable there is very little room for error and not a very enjoyable game. You got to try to bait FSR to either go for Dash or Poe (setting them up in opposite corners) and then get behind with the other to nibble..but it really is down to your dice then and even with HLC Dash will struggle to get enough hits through.

Han is also a fun pairing with Poe, but suffers from the same problem (even more so with only 3 dice). Two ship lists against FSR is a struggle...

Edited by Samurai33

20 minutes ago, Samurai33 said:

Yeah...I second this. I've had a few goes against FSR and while it is beatable there is very little room for error and not a very enjoyable game. You got to try to bait FSR to either go for Dash or Poe (setting them up in opposite corners) and then get behind with the other to nibble..but it really is down to your dice then and even with HLC Dash will struggle to get enough hits through.

Han is also a fun pairing with Poe, but suffers from the same problem (even more so with only 3 dice). Two ship lists against FSR is a struggle...

I flew against a 3 ship version of this list. I lost because I got impatient. You need to just keep plinking away and try to keep at range 3 where your HLC will do it's best.