flightmaster101

Banner Bearer with Bent Flagstaff

3 hours ago, Uthoroc said:

I've actually cut the staff at the bend, drilled and pinned it to give it additional strength. That worked.

I should have done that, as one of mine is perma floppy, but I painted it instead of doing work and try not to care.

3 hours ago, Ywingscum said:

Yup I'm a dunker.  No patience for steam, and no skill for cutting and manufacturing.  Although I work in a small manufacturing plant!!! We even use pvc in some of our plastic extrusion. 

Do you mean patience for getting the water to boil?  I've only ever had parts take 10-15 seconds to soften. 

14 minutes ago, flightmaster101 said:

Do you mean patience for getting the water to boil?  I've only ever had parts take 10-15 seconds to soften. 

I totally pictured you holding it over a pot of water for an hour, testing your arm strength limits! Haha

I take it back :)

I get a mug and pop it in the microwave oven for 60 seconds then dip the figure. I fish it out and run it under the tap to "set" it in place. It works most of the time. If you've ever left your figures in a hot car or sitting on a table with direct sun on them, they tend to "remember" their original position.

Re-positioning after painting hasn't been a problem for me either, but I prefer to do it before the paint goes on.

Edited by Force Majeure