Sign in to follow this  
Mu0n729

TC Open tournament on Vassal, signups until August 20th

4 hours ago, Thormind said:

Yeah, i decided to opt out when the organiser said Biggs + Lowrisk was a paper tiger. He also failed to realize that -3 pts cost might not make Biggs stronger, but adding those 3pts of upgrades to a squad thats already top meta makes no sense at all.

The same guy said he was not discounting the Punisher because he won 1 match with a triple Punisher build... 

If it's based off his personal experience is it just his least used ships? And Biggs+Lowhrick are sort of paper tigers (except when you take the rest of the bloody squad into account)

2 hours ago, Kdubb said:

But you should have seen that one match! It had all the data points you could ever need to know it was fine as is! Biggs and OL on the other hand...

yep Biggs and OL need a buff, have net seen enough of them recently... why didn't they buff the generics only?

So much negativity. One can almost wonder if some are jealous.

Come on, guys. Theorist's tournaments are a sandbox. They get attention from FFG and some of the nerfs/buffs proposed in earlier tournaments are exactly the nerfs/buffs that the developers brought out.

It is fine not to like/agree with the proposed changes in each tournament, but you do have the option of just skipping it out altogether and being happy. It's not like people are forcing you, and there are other tournaments around that are a bit more "standard".

3 hours ago, mtrein said:

Come on, guys. Theorist's tournaments are a sandbox. They get attention from FFG and some of the nerfs/buffs proposed in earlier tournaments are exactly the nerfs/buffs that the developers brought out.

It is fine not to like/agree with the proposed changes in each tournament, but you do have the option of just skipping it out altogether and being happy. It's not like people are forcing you, and there are other tournaments around that are a bit more "standard".

Well put, better than I could. Tournament organization and maintenance is thankless work. Agree or not with it, participate or not with it, the fact that it's going to happen can only be good for the community - if only to make other players more engaged in online x-wing gaming and increase the chance they'll stay longer in the game and potentially play against you one day. You can only be glad at the positive repercussions of this.

6 hours ago, mtrein said:

Totally fair. I'm only critical because I only wish Theorist would be more open to input from others experiences (or the xwing communities experience as a whole. We can't ALL be wrong about the Punisher...), instead of only trusting his own. I believe his tournaments could be even more enjoyable if he wasn't so unbending and only accepted his own experiences as valid. Whether he admits it or not, at least a number of his in game experiences are far from the norm.

6 hours ago, Kdubb said:

Totally fair. I'm only critical because I only wish Theorist would be more open to input from others experiences (or the xwing communities experience as a whole. We can't ALL be wrong about the Punisher...), instead of only trusting his own. I believe his tournaments could be even more enjoyable if he wasn't so unbending and only accepted his own experiences as valid. Whether he admits it or not, at least a number of his in game experiences are far from the norm.

I know you, kdubb, and my words are not aimed at you at all. I totally understand your point of view, so don't worry.