Sign in to follow this  
guest77753

Can SW:D Booster Boxes Get Cherry Picked?

Or is there enough space within the box for the boosters to shift and mix among each other while shipping to/from distributors?

I ask because in the past, some sets of collectibles were packed in a predictable pattern. Open a few packs, and the locations of the packs with chase cards can be identified.

The biggest example of this was Upper Deck's inaugural set of baseball cards in 1989. Generally in that set, a new box was able to produce a Ken Griffey, Jr. rookie card within 5 packs.

Are Legendaries sorted in fixed spots within each sealed box?

I've had 3 boxes now. There have always been 2-3 Legendaries within the last 6 or 8 packs for me. Likewise, I always seem to score at least one if I grab the final few boosters out of a box on display.

I heard somewhere that in a case of 6 booster boxes, each box will contain the same 6 Legendaries. This has been proven false with personal experience of mine, although the 2 boxes I got from the same case did share 3 of the 6.

I grabbed a few (4) boosters today with only a few left in the box and snagged Command Shuttle.  I've had a large variety of luck that it's impossible for me to confidently say there is a pattern,  outside a full booster box purchase. 

Edited by Strom

Way back when destiny came out I opened a few boxes and tracked the position of each legendary card. In the boxes I tracked I found that the key packs were quite random in terms of position. However, the actual contents of the boxes seemed less than random, with 4-6 of each box being the same legendary cards.

SoR seems about the same the packs are put into the box at random but the boxes contain somewhat less random distributions. One of the guys here opened a few boxes and got a Chewbacca in each box. I managed to open a few boxes, in 4 boxes I managed to pull 5 Blackmail cards.

I am hoping that EaW seems random packing and random positioning.

Edited by Amanal

Legendaries do seem to clump, based on the number of times I've seen people buy 6-12 packs and score most of the Legendaries in the box.  My assumption is that they are packed separately into the boxes and may not be mixed up - but enough that it wont always happens or that they can be picked out straight from the box.

I have found that a batch of boxes from the same store tend to pull 50% of the same legends.

My recommendation of you are planning to buy 2 or more boxes is to buy them from different retailers to get a bigger variety of legends.

Out of the 10 boxes worth I've pulled from, and some from the same store, they are completely random. I'm not sure why people think they are the same outside of confirmation bias from a small batch. Like one of the other person's said though, usually there is one at the start, and one at the end for legendaries. Outside of that, may the force be with you.

It is for this reason above why I do not like to buy loose boosters in a box.

Stores are reluctant to tell you if previous customers have pulled the good stuff out of a box and will happily watch you to buy the left over crap. 

I only buy sealed boxes for my collection. Random boosters are fine as prizes.

Just recently Pokémon sun and moon had a big coilation problem. Lots of YouTube videos  showing how to pull out just the foils.

Destiny appears to have great collation and poor distribution. I have never seen anyone demostrate prior knowledge of what is in a pack or a box.

Boxes in my opinion should not have duplicate rares. 

8 minutes ago, TylerTT said:

Boxes in my opinion should not have duplicate rares. 

But they always do, in my experience. Every box I've bought has had at least 3 duplicate rares. Sometimes this is great (2 Holdout Blasters) other times, less so (2 Snap Wexleys.)

6 minutes ago, Shadow345 said:

Pick from towards the bottom in a newly opened box and you should get a Legendary.

You'll have a 1 in 36 chance for sure. ;)

I've driven from one side of this continent to the other. I've seen a lot of strange stuff, but I've never seen anything to make me believe there's a way to pull Legendary packs.  

On 7/31/2017 at 8:37 PM, JuzFuzz said:

1 near the top, 1 near the bottom and 4 roughly in the middle - from a few personal experiences and anecdotal from others.

That has been my experience as well, on two occasions I have purchased the last two packs in a box on the shelf and gotten legendaries.