MalanTai

"After you execute a manoeuvre" timing

Is there a fixed point in the manoeuvre process, like I don't know, before the check pilot stress step, when the "after you execute a manoeuvre" abilities all happen? 

To me, it'd be after the check pilot stress step, but then why would lightning reflexes explicitly say "receive one stress after the check pilot stress step"? So it must be before. 

But then could I boost with Snap Wexley even after a K-turn or T-roll? Or could a Stay on Target Rey with the TFA Falcon title rotate 180° after rotating her dial from a 3 straight to a 3 bank and thus double stressing? And then Kanan crew couldn't clear the stress from a debris Cloud since the debris stress comes after the check pilot stress step. 

So when? When does it happen? I need dem answers! 

Don't let Lightning Reflexes confuse you. It's worded the way it is because Check Pilot Stress used to be a separate step, not part of executing the maneuver.

"After you execute a maneuver" abilities trigger after you finish doing all the substeps of Execute Maneuver. The last one is Clean Up, so you could say "After the Clean Up step" without changing meaning.

"After you execute a maneuver" triggers after the "Clean Up" sub-step of executing a maneuver (as written in Kanan's clarification of the FAQ), which occurs after the "Check Pilot Stress" sub-step.  I'd recommend taking a look at the Rules Reference under "Activation Phase" for a full account of the steps and sub-steps of executing a maneuver.

Lightning Reflexes is an old upgrade card that was released before the Force Awakens core set where the timing of executing a maneuver was changed.  In the original Rules of Play, execute a maneuver used to be its own step with Check Pilot Stress following that, but when the new core set was released it was updated to the current format.

Thanks for the replies guys :)

So if I understand it right Pattern Analyser removes the Check Pilot Stress step from the execute manoeuvre step, allowing not only actions but also anything taking place after executing a manoeuvre to be performed before checking the manoeuvre color right? 

2 minutes ago, MalanTai said:

Thanks for the replies guys :)

So if I understand it right Pattern Analyser removes the Check Pilot Stress step from the execute manoeuvre step, allowing not only actions but also anything taking place after executing a manoeuvre to be performed before checking the manoeuvre color right? 

Yes, correct.

It's still debated whether Pattern Analyser causes the Perform Action step to happen before or after the 'After executing a manoeuvre' timing (e.g. whether Snap can get his free boost action after tallon rolling with PA), but this is rarely relevant.