burning666

Auzituck Gunship Firing Arc

Can someone please clarify the firing arc on the Auzituck ?

I understand it to be everthing in front of the red dotted line in the middle of the base but the more i read the more confused i`m becoming.

Thanks for any replies.

it has the same kind of firing arc as the yv666. Dotted line forward is its firing arc, so it has a 180 degree firing arc. Note that any secondary weapons you somehow put on there (Snapshot being the only one i can think of it can take) can only use the normal firing arc, only your main gun can use the extra width firing arc.

The forward-facing shaded wedge is (so far) always the Primary Firing Arc on every ship. The Auzituck (like the YV-666) has an Auxiliary Firing Arc which is composed of additional wedges on either side of the Primary one. Everything that is a Firing Arc (be it Primary, Auxiliary, Mobile, or Special) is a Firing Arc. However, if something gets more specific (asking for a Primary Firing Arc, for example), it only includes that Arc and not everything else that happens to be a Firing Arc. Just like a square is a rectangle, but not all rectangles are squares. Secondary Weapons (cards with the Attack: header, including Attack (Focus):  and Attack (Target Lock):) can only be fired from the Primary Firing Arc, and therefore not Auxiliary Arcs, or any other Arc mentioned (unless the card tells you otherwise; remember, cards break the rules). Examples include Cannons, Missiles, Torpedoes, Turrets, and Snap Shot (an Elite Pilot Talent).

20 hours ago, Vineheart01 said:

it has the same kind of firing arc as the yv666. Dotted line forward is its firing arc, so it has a 180 degree firing arc. Note that any secondary weapons you somehow put on there (Snapshot being the only one i can think of it can take) can only use the normal firing arc, only your main gun can use the extra width firing arc.

Ha-Ha, thanks. We were debating about what the purpose of it having a 90 degree arc was about.  Sure it might have been for something down the road, but forgot about Snap Shot. 

22 hours ago, shaunmerritt said:

Ha-Ha, thanks. We were debating about what the purpose of it having a 90 degree arc was about.  Sure it might have been for something down the road, but forgot about Snap Shot. 

Well they also are just following their standard design. Currently there is no ship with a primary firing arc larger than ~90°. This means they can safely use primary arc as a rules mechanism with consistent results across all ships.

It's a good idea for them to keep as much design consistency as possible since it means there should be fewer design accidents later.