Sign in to follow this  
mattman75

Yet another Tractor Beam question...

You'll have to forgive me, but I am new to tractor beams! While playing a game with my local group last Friday, I tractor beamed Poe, and chose to barrel roll him onto an asteroid. With neither myself or the fellow I was playing being very familiar with tractor beams, and trying to prepare for a tournament, a question came up that I couldn't find in the FAQ. (Granted, it may be there, and I couldn't find it in the middle of trying to keep a timed game moving at a good pace.) When the first tractor beam token is assigned to an opponent's small ship, and you choose whether to boost it or barrel roll it, does that take place immediately? And, if one does what I did, and throws him onto an asteroid before he has a chance to make his attack that combat round, does he then lose said attack because of being parked on the asteroid? We assumed that the effect did take place immediately, the attack was lost, and moved on with the game. Can someone please clarify for me?

As always, thank you in advance!

3 hours ago, mattman75 said:

You'll have to forgive me, but I am new to tractor beams! While playing a game with my local group last Friday, I tractor beamed Poe, and chose to barrel roll him onto an asteroid. With neither myself or the fellow I was playing being very familiar with tractor beams, and trying to prepare for a tournament, a question came up that I couldn't find in the FAQ. (Granted, it may be there, and I couldn't find it in the middle of trying to keep a timed game moving at a good pace.) When the first tractor beam token is assigned to an opponent's small ship, and you choose whether to boost it or barrel roll it, does that take place immediately? And, if one does what I did, and throws him onto an asteroid before he has a chance to make his attack that combat round, does he then lose said attack because of being parked on the asteroid? We assumed that the effect did take place immediately, the attack was lost, and moved on with the game. Can someone please clarify for me?

As always, thank you in advance!

Regarding the loss of attack, that is checked for when their attack would occur.  For example in a game I played not long ago, my opponent moved on to an asteroid during his maneuver.  On my ship's turn I used a Seismic Torpedo and blew up that asteroid damaging his ship (and 2 others) but in the combat phase his ship was no longer on an asteroid and was able to attack.