ozmodon

Battlestar Galactica

While I agree this should be in the office topic area, I also agree that I'd be down for a BSG conversion for Armada. I'd probably have bit the bullet on one of Mel's Galacticas, except it's a little too rich for my blood.

But that'd be great to sub out an ISD or MC80 with it. 

Getting the Battlestar Galactica in a starter set and having the Pegasus in an expansion  as a much larger ship would be cool. This system just screams to be turned into Battlestar.

There's no telling if they still have the license or not.

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/products/battlestar-galactica/

You can reach the page via Search, and their Community Forums are in the Archive.  That means the game has been discontinued.

It tells us nothing about the status of the license.  That has to be looked at elsewhere...  Some companies and IP holders allow to hold onto licenses while new things are in development.

Considering the news that came out when the GW License was cancelled, I think we'd have seen the same amount of "News" come out if the BSG license was cancelled or moved - and that didn't happen.

The game just quietly slipped into "Out of Print" and "Archived".

I wish I had friends who liked BSG. Because a "wink murder"-esque, political based RPG based within The Fleet would be cool.

As for using the Armada system? No. I'd want something that was more focussed on squadron play and their use within the series.

Also, ITT: ElSee admits he wants friends.

so if you take the moore verse. the game Battlestar Galactica Deadlock will have at least 8 ships and 4 squadrons while the Cylons will have at least 6 ships and 3 squadrons. this game is set 4 years into the war.

I would think this would be a good start for a game.