Sign in to follow this  
Schu81

Crackshot vs Reinforce Tokens

Hello XWing Community!

I have got a question about Crackshot vs Reinforce Tokens.

Scenario A:

A Royal Guard Pilot equipped with Crackshot Eliteskill attacks Lowhhrick. Lowhhrick has performed the Reinforce Action this round, so he has got a Reinforce Token.

Royal Guard Pilot rolls 3 hits. Lowhhrick rolls 0 evades but still has got his Reinforce Token, which would at least give him the equivalent of 1 evade.

Can the Royal Guard Pilot use Crackshot to cancel the Reinforce Token? How many hits does Lowhhrick get - 2 or 3?

Scenario B:

A Royal Guard Pilot equipped with Crackshot Eliteskill attacks Lowhhrick. Lowhhrick has got C3PO Crew.

Royal Guard Pilot rolls 3 hits. Lowhhrick rolls 0 evades , but he has still got C3PO Crew, which would grant him 1 evade, because he has guessed right.

Can Crackshot cancel this C3PO evade?

19 minutes ago, Rinzler in a Tie said:

Okay, help me understand why not

Because juke happens before reinforce adds an evade. C3p0 adds an evade directly after dice are rolled which is prior to attacker modification. That means he can have his evade juked. Normal modification by the defender (including reinforce) happens after the attacker modifies defense dice. They both can be hit by crack shot because it's during the compare results step.

1 hour ago, nigeltastic said:

Because juke happens before reinforce adds an evade. C3p0 adds an evade directly after dice are rolled which is prior to attacker modification. That means he can have his evade juked. Normal modification by the defender (including reinforce) happens after the attacker modifies defense dice. They both can be hit by crack shot because it's during the compare results step.

I'm not doubting you, I just need more... 
So! 

Reinforce adds a result during the Defender Modifies defense dice: 
swx64-reference-reinforce.png

C-3PO adds a result before the Modify Defense dice step: 
latest?cb=20140425132457

What I'm seeing is that Reinforce adds the results during step 5ii and C-3P0 adds the results before 5. The hinge point for the difference being that the attacker modifies during 5i, right? 

Correct.

C3P0 (and faq'd palpatine) is, to my knowledge anyway, the only defensive mod that happens outside of the "modify defense dice" step. Thats why he's vulnerable to juke because he's already been used, while you cant juke an Evade Token because it hasnt happened yet (or Reinforce for this case) when the attacker would proc Juke.

Edited by Vineheart01

1 hour ago, Vineheart01 said:

Correct.

C3P0 (and faq'd palpatine) is, to my knowledge anyway, the only defensive mod that happens outside of the "modify defense dice" step. Thats why he's vulnerable to juke because he's already been used, while you cant juke an Evade Token because it hasnt happened yet (or Reinforce for this case) when the attacker would proc Juke.

They are almost the only modifications which occur outside of the designated steps. The only other thing I can think of is heavy laser cannon (which is obviously an offense related modification).