gilbur

DRAGONSTAR GENESYS

I like what people have for the most part.  I've never played Dragonstar, but the races are shaping up nicely. 

My big complaint for your dragon races would be the free bonus skill.  Not all skills there are created equally.  The free combat skill ranks are (in general) going to get far more use then a rank in streetwise.  I have noticed that with very few exceptions the Star Wars systems don't give combat skills as their bonus skills.  You might consider replacing them with something like Athletics, Resilience, Coordination, or the like. 

1 hour ago, Split Light said:

I like what people have for the most part.  I've never played Dragonstar, but the races are shaping up nicely. 

My big complaint for your dragon races would be the free bonus skill.  Not all skills there are created equally.  The free combat skill ranks are (in general) going to get far more use then a rank in streetwise.  I have noticed that with very few exceptions the Star Wars systems don't give combat skills as their bonus skills.  You might consider replacing them with something like Athletics, Resilience, Coordination, or the like. 

Yeah, I would avoid giving any race a bonus skill rank in any combat skill except maybe Brawling.

updated the Dragonkins and centaur and added my Blank Specialization talent per requests. Do enjoy the Positive responses I am getting from everyone and it keeps my inspiration going for the crossover, now would be a big plus of someone from the FFG group would respond with hey we want to use your stuff for a Dragonstar setting book for GENESYS.

11 hours ago, gilbur said:

updated the Dragonkins and centaur and added my Blank Specialization talent per requests. Do enjoy the Positive responses I am getting from everyone and it keeps my inspiration going for the crossover, now would be a big plus of someone from the FFG group would respond with hey we want to use your stuff for a Dragonstar setting book for GENESYS.

I'm in a similar boat for "Fallout".  ;)

Doppels

Brawn: 1  Agility: 2  Intellect: 2

Cunning: 2  Willpower: 3  Presence: 2

Wound Threshold: 9+Brawn

Strain threshold: 12+Brawn

Special Ability: Deception 1 free rank

Changeling: As an Action, a Doppel may suffer 3 strain and an average Resilience check.

If the Doppel succeeds, HE/SHE changes His/Her appearance to match that of a Silhoette 1

whom she has observed before, An observing character must make opposing Perception vs.

Deception check to detect that something is amiss with the impersonated Character's likeness.

Starting XP: 90

I would have to look into trolls they are not covered in the original write up of dragonstar.

As for the dragons, original concept was the good dragons came up with a unified kingdom, so they all ruled first and now the evil dragons start their 5,000 years to rule the kingdom starting with the red dragons first.

We could easily change this concept but i do recommend buying the pdf of the original ?, they do help with understanding what i am trying to do here.

Am putting Races on hold for right now, since the original Races have been converted over, might revamp a couple later on after spending some time deciding how to incorporate Arcana and Divine into the system, Will look into races as people request, like one will be the troll as per a request though

Why does Human look like this:

On 8/6/2017 at 2:29 PM, gilbur said:

Human:

Brawn: 1  Agility: 1  Intellect: 1

Cunning: 1  Willpower: 1  Presence: 1

And not this:

Human:

Brawn: 2  Agility: 2  Intellect: 2

Cunning: 2  Willpower: 2  Presence: 2

???

Alright here we go with my final race conversion for right now, as usual let me know what you think:

Troll

Brawn: 3  Agility: 2  Intellect: 2

Cunning: 2  Willpower: 2  Presence: 1

Wound Threshold: 14+ Brawn

Strain Threshold: 9+Willpower

Special ability: Resilience 1 free rank

Burly: reduces any wielded or carried weapon's cumbersome quality and encumbrance rating by the number equal to

ranks in Burly to a minimum of 1

Strong Back: encumbrance 10+ Brawn instead of 5 + Brawn

Starting XP: 60

Troll was compared between Dungeons and Dragons and the Shadowrun troll as a special request. So let's talk about this...

4 hours ago, gilbur said:

Alright here we go with my final race conversion for right now, as usual let me know what you think:

Troll

Burly: reduces any wielded or carried weapon's cumbersome quality and encumbrance rating by the number equal to

Troll was compared between Dungeons and Dragons and the Shadowrun troll as a special request. So let's talk about this...

That's really nice, I think you're getting a handle on balancing these. As a slight simplification you could go this direction:

Troll

Brawn: 4  Agility: 2  Intellect: 1

Strain Threshold: 8+Willpower

Special ability:

Resilience 1 free rank

Regeneration (same As Trandoshian, its really slow)

1 rank of Hard Boiled (spend 1 Advantage when recovering Strain at the end of an encounter to recover 1 wound)

60xp

It's a min/maxers Paradise, but also has some serious flaws

5 hours ago, gilbur said:

Troll

That is solid as a cross between SR and DND. Over the weekend I scanned Age of Rebellion at our FLGS. That is a massive book! A bit overwhelming trying to skim how to make a PC. They did not have Edge of the Empire, which I would have purchased. I was going to use those rules as the basis for a SR conversion since my buddies are SWd-out and love the SR setting.  Not much for cyberware in the core SW books. Looks like you need Special Modifications of Lords of Nal Hutta to get rules for gear that fits with cyberpunk.

EDIT: how would reach work in this system? Not relevant because of the more cinematic combat?

Edited by Jenkins

actually cybernetics is in several different books and you can check out the forums there is a massive index covering all the books from all three systems. My group actually likes the edge more than shadowrun. Pc creation is quite simple, Roll of obligation, than pick race and class and specialization, then spend your xp and finish up character. M`y players can have two characters made up in under an hour.

On 8/12/2017 at 9:53 PM, CMink said:

Why does Human look like this:

And not this:

Human:

Brawn: 2  Agility: 2  Intellect: 2

Cunning: 2  Willpower: 2  Presence: 2

???

Accidentally changed stats one day, will go through and re edit them to be 2 all the way through the board along with other races i might have accidentally changed. Thanks for catching that...

Edited by gilbur
Forgot to comment.

Need to come and check out my blog site as I have just started one so i don't bog down this site with alot of Dragonstar, am able to download my first two files made for this conversion, so if you can't get to the Dropbox, check out the blog...

http://dwarvengodfathersdragonstar.wordpress.com

Edited by gilbur

After looking over the Elves and Dwarves in the Genesys book, I might add them as an alternate Race and I will add the magic system to Dragonstar when I get back to this Conversion as I am kind of started another Conversion and that is bringing Battletech over to Genesys, so check that out as well...

getting back into the Dragonstar conversion as my players have finally getting off the planet to explore their region of Space, so some of my creations will be making an appearance to them within the week or so. I do recommend downloading the Dragonlance stuff was put together quite well and the races in there could also be used for Dragonstar.

Alright, here we go again, putting Dragonstar back on the Burner again. This time I have the original 13 classes, let me know what you think of them>

Barbarian:   Athletics, Brawl, Coercion, Melee, Perception, Resilience, Survival, Vigilance

Bard: Athletics, Coordination, Deception, Charm, Ranged (Light), Skulduggery, Verse (Knowledge or Stealth for last skill) and Verse is pending the release of Terrinoth.

Cleric: Charm, Cool, Discipline, Divine, Knowledge, Leadership, Medicine, Ranged (Light)

Druid: Athletics, Brawl, Coordination, Melee, Primal, Resilience, Survival, Vigilance

Fighter: Athletics, Coercion, Melee, Perception, Ranged (Light), Ranged (Heavy), Survival, Vigilance

Monk: Athletics, Brawl,Cool, Leadership, Melee, Knowledge, Perception, , Stealth

Paladin: Athletics, Discipline,  Divine, Leadership, Medicine, Melee, Perception, Ranged (Light).

Ranger: Athletics, Medicine, Perception, Primal, Ranged (Heavy), Stealth, Survival, Vigilance

Rogue: Brawl, Deception, Melee, Perception, Skulduggery, Stealth, Streetwise, Vigilance

Sorcerer: Alchemy, Arcana, Deception, Discipline, Knowledge, Skulduggery, Streetwise, Vigilance

Wizard: Alchemy, Arcana, Coercion, Discipline, Knowledge, Leadership, Skulduggery, Vigilance

Pilot: Astrography, Cool, Gunnery, Mechanic, Perception, Piloting, Ranged (Light), Vigilance

Mechanist: Discipline, Knowledge, Mechanic, Melee, Negotation, Perception, Ranged (Light), Skulduggery

Now these are just rough draft and are not final, I will give it for the week and make them final next weekend when I make my pdf official, So let me know what you think as these are just starting classes and I could add more as I was checking stuff out today and realized that there are over 40 classes and prestige classes in the books that I could add more and change stuff around too, so look over all your Dragonstar stuff and let me know what you think of them...

Edited by gilbur
Doing touch-up