Sign in to follow this  
Glasser's Muse

Tips for fighting Shub?

Hey everyone. I'm a die-hard Hastur fan (I also play Cthulhu from time-to-time) and I can't ever seem to beat Shub or Yog decks. My only effective tactic at the moment is to use scotophobia, send things insane with Hastur and then have Victoria's Loft out, however, it is hard to get more copies of Victoria's Loft and Scotophobia. Does anyone have any other tips for using either Hastur or Cthulhu against Shub and Yog.

Thanks. :)

my shub deck has had issues with rush decks. if you can out rush them and use exhaustion or wounding to pick off whats in the way might help. trying to beat shub at terror is nearly a lost cause. if youre gonna go the insanity route enchanted wood is a must to help take care of terror. but remember shub has burrowing beneath so the woods will become a prime target.

I would consider Infernal obsession and Blind Submission, in a way to steal characters.

One of the biggest problem of Shubb is the need to separate forces during Attack/defense. It doesn't play a lot of Arcane.

Another stuff needed is cryptic writings+cancel for Y'go or Cost Reduction ...

My Hastur's basis deck which often beat the Shubb deck is made with this :

Victoria,the loft, aspiring artists, vitcoria's protege, Thing behind you, infernal obsession, power drain, cryptik writings, descendant, white out (especially nice for shubb), bringers (destroy Y'go), demonlover, performance artist, agoraphobia, byakhee attack, scotophobia, vaporous Isle, seven hundre and seventy steps, dreamparasite, the cavern and Devolution.

I also consider Julai Brown + Campaign chief and DayBreak.

Now it's up to you...

Okay, thanks guys. :)

Prodigee, that set up looks good, I may have to steal that idea once I get some more cards to bulk it out. Thanks for that.

PearlJamaholic, thanks for the tips. I might try and focus on rushing in future games. I might try some Sthulhu Deep Ones for early game rushing in a mixed deck.

Thanks again, I'll let you know how it goes. :)

I've decided to go for a comination of Hastur and Syndicate. Using mainly Hastur characters and Syndicate support cards. I won a game against a Shub deck, but I'm not sure if that was just because the player was new. Does anyone think that these two factions make a good combination?

In fact, all type of faction may have their opportunity to win against every kinda other faction...

The problem being what you aim to do with your deck. Concerning the domination of the Shubb faction on the gaming board, you'll have a lot of different answers, including Hastur's cancellation, character's stealing, skill reduction + Synd skill reduction and  characters designed for rush and exhaustion.

These might be a perfect angle to attack the red faction, but reminds their are cards that alow shubb to ready characters + transform them into brand new characters(which, of course, are readied).

Can you describe further your deck's options into these thred ?