Epicgamingnight

Gencon Runewars Announcements?

6 minutes ago, Contrapulator said:

During the Q&A he estimated 34mm miniatures. I will eagerly watch the demo, but I don't see how they can include large vehicles at that scale. So much for Battle of Hoth: The Miniatures Game.

When I heard the rumour yesterday about Legion, I expected them to use a different miniature scale so that people "can't re-use" their imperial assault minis for legion, but I thought they would go smaller (like 20 mm) so that it's quicker to paint for newcomers to the miniatures painting hobby. Oh well...

1 hour ago, Muz333 said:

Star Wars Legion announced as we all expected. Honestly, it may mean Runewars will get a miss from me. :(

I may be in the same boat. I was holding off on runewars until the ice and fire KS completed, which I decided not to back, now I have to hold off on more legion news.

Only one game will take my money.

1 hour ago, Contrapulator said:

"This is Runewars. We have a ton of super exciting new stuff that we're not going to tell you about. Bye!"

Still better than Armada, we saw actual Uthuk and Darnati production models.  Armada got the 'well, we're working on stuff'.  It still holds red-headed stepchild status. 

4 hours ago, Contrapulator said:

"This is Runewars. We have a ton of super exciting new stuff that we're not going to tell you about. Bye!"

It's like Runewars doesn't get at least 1 article a week and a product release article for each product on release. 

Edited by TallGiraffe

1 hour ago, TallGiraffe said:

It's like Runewars doesn't get at least 1 article a week and a product release article for each product on release. 

Yeah, but that didn't stop me getting up at 2am my time to see if there were any announcements... :(

While there was no announcements other then there is lots to come.  I did hear it is doing very well sales wise.  

The legion announcement shows a game significantly different then Runewars and closer to imperial assault to me.  L5R looks like a very long gruelling card game.

I am staying Runewars and Destiny, not even tempted really by any of the new games.  What would tempt me would be a Runebound destiny game.  

I would be lying if I said the announcement of the Alpha-class Starwing Assault Gunboat for X-wing didn't have me squealing in delight. I told my brother I'm buying 4 of them, and he said, "Oh, so that means you're out on Runewars?" I told him, "No way." I am able to enjoy two games, although I do feel spread thin, like butter over too much bread, but I can manage. I have a decent 200 point army for Runewars, and painting keeps me busy. I'm eagerly awaiting the Death Knights, but I can divert $60 to get some awesome gunboat action, too! 

2 hours ago, Darthain said:

At least your 2 games aren't Armada and RW, the announcementless wonders. Gencon did literally nothing for me. (Step right up, I got salt for everyone)

Hahaha, what a great fair or circus announcer you would be.

12 minutes ago, rowdyoctopus said:

Yeah, super disappointed in the lack of news.  Although I'm behind on my Armada purchases.  I was really hoping for more Runewars news.  They have been going strong since the game came out.

We can expect more on monday probably. They have been putting an article out on monday for a while.

1 hour ago, TallGiraffe said:

We can expect more on monday probably. They have been putting an article out on monday for a while.

We'll definitely get an article tomorrow but I'm not sure if it will be an announcement if they didn't have the models ready for Gencon?

19 hours ago, Darthain said:

At least your 2 games aren't Armada and RW, the announcementless wonders. Gencon did literally nothing for me. (Step right up, I got salt for everyone)

FFG gencon did nothing for me.

Legion didn't do it for me (I already have IA) and the fallout miniatures game, from modiphius, looked far more interesting miniatures wise (I don't want to paint more troopers).

The only FFG RPG news was a reprint of a 30 year old book and no new information on genesys, meanwhile modiphius was picking up awards for its new RPG releases.

Also diemension games was showing off their great looking lovecraftian games, while FFG had nothing for us cthulhu fans. With better quality miniatures than FFG have ever produced.

CMON was showing off their new Eric Lang games, he used to design great FFG games, and previewing multiple in development games. They also did a daily gencon video like FFG used to do.

Greenbrier games were demoing folklore the affliction, which is the fantasy miniatures game I am most looking forward to.

Apart from 2 star wars announcements FFG didn't give me anything but dissapointment. It's the first time they were not the highlight of gencon for me.

Yeah was hoping for more but we have gotten regular updates so far for RW so going to stay positive on this one, as for legion I may get it but it won't stop me playing RW, main reason I wouldn't is factions not interested if its just 3 faction like X-wing.

Even though there were no new Mini announcements, in the Q&A section he confirmed that a Genesys Sourcebook in the Runebound setting is in development. That's the Lore book some people (including me) are waiting for!

In the Runewars section I was also pleased to hear that the game has been a success for them! "We're having a ton of things in development" is vage but it's a better than nothing. Legion would have overshadowed any new announcement anyway so maybe this could also be a reason for holding back for now!

Edited by Rentner65