Epicgamingnight

Gencon Runewars Announcements?

So fantasy flight always talks about all of their current game lines during the in-flight report at Gen Con!  Rune wars was first announced their last year!

They normally save a lot of big news to be shared during the presentation.

What are we hopeing  gets announced for Runewars at Gen Con?  Do you have any predictions? 

I predict no big announcements for Runewars Miniatures Game. I think they will just save the Uthuk hero and the non-"core" units for Latari and Uthuk for their GenCon announcement.

I also hope they announce the Terrinoth lore book, though that's not specific to Runewars.

1 hour ago, Budgernaut said:

I predict no big announcements for Runewars Miniatures Game. I think they will just save the Uthuk hero and the non-"core" units for Latari and Uthuk for their GenCon announcement.

I also hope they announce the Terrinoth lore book, though that's not specific to Runewars.

I already know about the Uthuk archers though. <_<

5 minutes ago, TallGiraffe said:

That so? Or is this an assumption that everyone will get a melee/ranged infantry, by the end of the first 'round'. 

Edited by Darthain

They could announce the first huge figures:

- Siege Golem (Daqan)

- Chaos Lord (Uthuk)

- Barrow Wyrm (Waiqar)

- Aymhelin Treant (Latari)

Or a new (lore heavy) Campaign book that introduces such figures together with new play options for them (point increase) and in general.

they could also show the first neutral Unit... maybe this will be a huge one (Great Dragon or Mountain Giant)

Huge figures would certainly be a worthy thing to announce at something like Gencon.

16 minutes ago, TallGiraffe said:

I don't claim to be a prophet, but I had a dream last night that they announced Obscenes as the new Uthuk unit. They were siege units. In my dream, everyone was shocked that Viper Legion weren't released first.

I expect they'll have the Latari Army Set on hand for slightly early release/sale to convention goers.  Otherwise I'll guess...

- Armada Corellian Campaign style announcement!

- New units for the Latari and Uthuk announcement!

- FAQ!!!

- Detailed clarification on how to pronounce "Aymhelin"!  AIM-hel-ene?  Aim-hel-IN? 

10 minutes ago, Budgernaut said:

I don't claim to be a prophet, but I had a dream last night that they announced Obscenes as the new Uthuk unit. They were siege units. In my dream, everyone was shocked that Viper Legion weren't released first.

Maybe it's time to dial back the runewars a bit ;) ..... Or start a runewars cult.  

EDIT: When Starcraft 2 first came out I had dreams about banelings trying to blow up my house, so I can relate :P

Edited by Willange

1 minute ago, Willange said:

Maybe it's time to dial back the runewars a bit ;) ..... Or start a runewars cult.  

Why not both? ;)

I think it has to do with reading the lore guide before going to sleep. I keep rereading the story with Malaana and Ravos in anticipation for Malaana's reveal.

As long as things don't get any taller. Models that occupy multiple trays seems like it would be pretty easy to handle and a pretty natural way to get big monsters on the table, but if they're taller than a Carrion Lancer then they'll be a huge pain to store and transport. All these massive models turn me off from games.

What about smaller units? I love the idea of creatures that are 2 or 4 per base, 8 or 16 per tray. I don't really like the idea of anything much larger than what we have right now. The scale doesn't seem great for anything else.

I think we'll totally see large units, up to about 2x2 trays in size. I don't think we'll see anything larger. But I can't imagine this game without Chaos Lords, which I expect to be larger than Spined Threshers.

maybe wishful thinking but I am hoping for an announcement of a new edition of the runewars board game that is compatible with the miniature game.  to be released next year of course.

30 minutes ago, Klaxas said:

maybe wishful thinking but I am hoping for an announcement of a new edition of the runewars board game that is compatible with the miniature game.  to be released next year of course.

What defines compatible? 

22 hours ago, Darthain said:

What defines compatible? 

well, for example, the old runewars board game would not be compatible, it involves a few units that would not translate well into the miniature games army.  a more compatable system might be something where instead of units, armies are represented on the board with a strength level, or tier. (maybe 1-5) and each tier could translate to 50 points in the miniature game. 

36 minutes ago, qwertyuiop said:

Maybe they'll apologize for the horrible movement system.

Is this a troll comment or did I miss something? I'm not aware of anything wrong with the movement system. Sure, there are weird situations where units pass right by each other, but the alternative is to have perfect reactions to what your opponent's units are doing. I'd rather have a few stray charges than give up simultaneously-planned movement.