Sign in to follow this  
dsh7718

Dengar and his new buddy Capt. Nym

So I have been thinking about a new wing man for dengar. And I thought, well lets see if Nym would be a good fit. So here is what I have. 

(100)

Captain Nym (41) - Scurrg H-6 Bomber
Veteran Instincts (1), Autoblaster Turret (2), Cruise Missiles (3), Bomblet Generator (3), Havoc (0), Guidance Chips (0), Fire Control System (2), "Genius" (0)

Dengar (59) - JumpMaster 5000
Expertise (4), Extra Munitions (2), Proton Torpedoes (4), K4 Security Droid (3), Unhinged Astromech (1), Punishing One (12), Guidance Chips (0)

Looks very nasty and dangerous to all foes. What do you guys think?

I put together a build very similar to this, although I had accuracy corrector on Nym to guarantee the autoblaster hits.  I tore up a list with Old Teroch and Fenn Rau pretty badly with the autoblaster and infinibombs.  As for Dengar, my build was almost identical.  On the whole, the list was devestating.  But with the leaked FAQ suggesting Dengar and the Jumpmaster are going to be nerfed bigtime, I don't know how much energy I'd put into this list...

13 minutes ago, Spongebob1138 said:

I put together a build very similar to this, although I had accuracy corrector on Nym to guarantee the autoblaster hits.  I tore up a list with Old Teroch and Fenn Rau pretty badly with the autoblaster and infinibombs.  As for Dengar, my build was almost identical.  On the whole, the list was devestating.  But with the leaked FAQ suggesting Dengar and the Jumpmaster are going to be nerfed bigtime, I don't know how much energy I'd put into this list...

Based on the leaks if he has the title he will be fine.

22 minutes ago, Spongebob1138 said:

The FAQ isn't out yet and we don't know when it will be official so he might as well play this if he wants to as long as he can.

The list looks solid, similar things have placed in and won store championships lately so go for it!

According to the builder I am using, if you use the Acc corrector it puts you at 101 points...what do you sacrifice to get back to 100 pts.? 

That is if you use the above build and just drop the FCS and sub in the Acc corrector!

Thanks!

Edited by mattman75

23 minutes ago, mattman75 said:

According to the builder I am using, if you use the Acc corrector it puts you at 101 points...what do you sacrifice to get back to 100 pts.? 

That is if you use the above build and just drop the FCS and sub in the Acc corrector!

Thanks!

I would take CM off of Nym.  I have found that they often go unused.

When will the FAQ drop?  Any ideas? I have a store championship I am attending on August 12th so hopefully after said event. 

Edited by dsh7718

5 minutes ago, Biggsy_boy said:

Except for the torps.  The jump with the title has no torps slots according to the leak

Well I think it kept one naturally but you are right Extra Munitions would be gone.

Edited by Trudem

2 minutes ago, Trudem said:

Well I think it kept one naturally but you are right Extra Munitions would be gone.

The ship in itself lost one, but if you equip the title, than the 2nd one goes away.  So, Dengar with the title would have 0 torps.  that's the way the leak explains it anyway.  Expertise Dengar is still strong, but he has no alpha strike now.  I have countermeasures/scavenger crane build for him that will still work.  It's just defensive instead of offensive.

1 minute ago, Biggsy_boy said:

The ship in itself lost one, but if you equip the title, than the 2nd one goes away.  So, Dengar with the title would have 0 torps.  that's the way the leak explains it anyway.  Expertise Dengar is still strong, but he has no alpha strike now.  I have countermeasures/scavenger crane build for him that will still work.  It's just defensive instead of offensive.

Ah I must have missed the part on the second torp slot disappearing.  My Dengar build still works

Expertise, K4, Unhinged and the title

It is still very potent but without the alpha for sure.  That is why I partner him with VI Ketsu for the possible double tractor beam!

10 minutes ago, Trudem said:

Ah I must have missed the part on the second torp slot disappearing.  My Dengar build still works

Expertise, K4, Unhinged and the title

It is still very potent but without the alpha for sure.  That is why I partner him with VI Ketsu for the possible double tractor beam!

That's a fun build.  I think Ketsu is underused.  She's tough to fly, but if done well, she's a beast

Just now, Biggsy_boy said:

That's a fun build.  I think Ketsu is underused.  She's tough to fly, but if done well, she's a beast

Ketsu - VI, K4, Glitterstim and Title.  

Ketsu goes first and hopefully double beams the target and Dengar cleans it up.  I finished second at a store championship with it and finished 3 games in under 20 minutes lol.  My only issue is MOV