SHARKOSAURUS

Twitter Spoiler - Warrior Poet (Unicorn)

19 minutes ago, Shiba Gunichi said:

Straight better than our Void Unique? Check.

Good art? Check.

On-theme for the Unicorn as more than simply "Mongols with daisho?" Check.

If she's indicative of Unicorn's design direction, I think I've found my secondary deck.

Your void unique gives +1/1 to all allied personalities and -1/1 to all opposing personalities, this just does the -1/1 so it is hard to say it is straight better.

Further - and I may be wrong about this - but compare the wording...

Void Unique: 

Action: During a Void conflict - Until the end of the conflict, each participating character you control gets +1/1 and each participating your opponent controls gets -1/1

Unicorn Slanderer:

Action: While this character is participating in a conflict - each participating character controlled by your opponent gets -1/1 until the end of the conflict.

Does it not seem like the Unicorn's ability is a 1 shot debuff to all currently present characters, while the Phoenix ability creates an on-going buff until the end of conflict that continually applies the modifier until resolution?

Edited by shosuko

The Phoenix creates a modifier on the entire conflict that affects any characters added to it on either side until the end of the coflict. She can also use it while not in the conflict, but it's only on Void conflicts.

The Unicorn's effect requires her to be there, and only affects the opposing characters currently there. 

Tough to say that one is strictly better than the other.

15 minutes ago, shosuko said:

Your void unique gives +1/1 to all allied personalities and -1/1 to all opposing personalities, this just does the -1/1 so it is hard to say it is straight better.

Further - and I may be wrong about this - but compare the wording...

Void Unique: 

Action: During a Void conflict - Until the end of the conflict, each participating character you control gets +1/1 and each participating your opponent controls gets -1/1

Unicorn Slanderer:

Action: While this character is participating in a conflict - each participating character controlled by your opponent gets -1/1 until the end of the conflict.

Does it not seem like the Unicorn's ability is a 1 shot debuff to all currently present characters, while the Phoenix ability creates an on-going buff until the end of conflict that continually applies the modifier until resolution?

I think the only difference between how they operate is that the Warrior Poet's effect requires her to be present.

I am interested to see if the effects are persistent and apply to new units as they enter the battlefield or if they only apply to units present at the time of activation, though.  My guess (based on Conquest rules) is that the buffs/debuffs only apply to the units present when the action is resolved. However it is ruled, I'm sure it will be the same for both cards.

Edited by the eigensheep

2 minutes ago, Joe From Cincinnati said:

So, a 3 for 2/2 is bad stats, but the ability essentially makes her a 4/4 or, in the final battle, up to a 5/5 for 3?

Still not great, but better than Hida Tomonatsu! :P

idk if I would count her ability as a direct buff to her stats since it depends on the number of characters at the conflict.  If its your stronghold and they are swinging with 5 characters against you, this could be -5/5 just for the ability.

Just now, shosuko said:

idk if I would count her ability as a direct buff to her stats since it depends on the number of characters at the conflict.  If its your stronghold and they are swinging with 5 characters against you, this could be -5/5 just for the ability.

Yea, it's got great potential. I'd call it a high ceiling and low floor ability.

In games I've played, there are an awful lot of 1 on 1 battles early on, since defending with 2 characters can be really taxing on your ability to declare attacks.

So, she's really really good in the one battle you absolutely need to win (defending your stronghold or attacking their stronghold), so-so in most other conflicts.

I like her traits though :).

46 minutes ago, Kuni Katsuyoshi said:

Wasn't the first of her traits 'I' noticed ??

Yeah, being a Crab you were prolly looking at how well she dishonors her opponents, even the gloryless dogs.  That is an important trait for the Crab these days, all politics and ad hominem.  Crafty devils ^_~

Edited by shosuko

3 hours ago, Ide Yoshiya said:

Interesting that she's not a Battle Maiden, given the title and the regiment's reputation for fine poetry. Still, I can live with this I can do so much more than live with this.

I dig badass Utaku Battle Maidens.  I also dig badass non-Utaku warrior women.  I'm going to enjoy FFG's versino of my Clan.