Crit Happens

No Canadian Nationals for 2017? False! Yes there is

Canadian Nationals for 2018 have been announced:

https://breakoutcon.com/index.php/2017/07/25/2018-fantasy-flight-games-canadian-national-tournaments-at-breakout/

It will once again be held at a convention in Toronto. Sad for us in the Western half of the country, but not surprising. 

EDIT: 2017 Nationals have now been announced:

Edited by Crit Happens
New Announcement

2 hours ago, Crit Happens said:

Canadian Nationals for 2018 have been announced, but still no word for this year. 

https://breakoutcon.com/index.php/2017/07/25/2018-fantasy-flight-games-canadian-national-tournaments-at-breakout/

It will once again be held at a convention in Toronto. Sad for us in the Western half of the country, but not surprising. 

I live in the same province as Toronto and its still a 4-5 hour drive.. really sucks for you guys out west.

16 minutes ago, Thormind said:

Please, tell me you are from Quebec :-)

Northern Indiana, USA. But that's really close to Detroit which borders Canada... and I play hockey and like snow so I'm basically Canadian. O_o

I get that doesn't really help and most of what I'm saying is a joke, BUT it really is as simple as FFG making the kit available. I could get a crew together and have a venue to run this in a week. A little dedication and it can be done. It all starts at FFG though. Does the kit exist? If not then it's all for nothing unless you want to run an unofficial one. Obtaining prize support would be frustrating.

They should do an East and West nationals, or at least change the city once in awhile. Not including the original Nationals, Toronto has had it every single time. 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, and 2018.

I would like Vancouver, Montreal, heck, even Calgary get a chance. 

20 minutes ago, Sergovan said:

even Calgary get a chance. 

Especially since we sport what is regarded as the largest General Gaming Store in the World...  Or something like that ;)

Honestly, how does a Metric like that even get tested?  Technically, they even grew this month >.>

Edited by Drasnighta

14 minutes ago, That Blasted Samophlange said:

Starts on my birthday...  money and time (not to mention my utter lack of skill) will prevent me from going.

Don't let lack of skill stop you. I mean, they let people like me walk through the door. I didn't even have the skill to put the extra munitions cards into my K-Wing bombers list last year. I had to go with the 4 point extra on the bid.

Money and time, now those are respectable reasons to skip.