Sign in to follow this  
LagJanson

What is the scariest Imperial for 25 points?

Countdown with Title and TIE Mk II. or Lightweight Frame. Comes in at 21 or 22pts. With his ability you have to focus fire him otherwise it'll take 4 rounds to kill and generally if your focusing on Countdown your having a bad time.

3 minutes ago, Odanan said:

Most scary 25 points Imperial ship? Take this! (with 5 points initiative bid)

gunboat_preview_by_odanan-dbhqxxl.png

Please don't blame. The voices made me do it.

It'd certainly scare me if I saw that on the other side of the table. I'd be worried I had slipped into another reality where such a thing might actually exist.

I do gotta admit, Pure Sabacc firing 5 red down range from behind a rock sounds rather impressive. I hadn't thought about that particular EPT. I'm kinda on the fence between that, and an OGP with Vader riding along, since it's so very different from the rest of my list, but still has pretty decent guns.

I'm a big fan of Duchess with VI and AA.  PS10 Duchess is the ship everyone doesn't even know they hate yet.  But 2x Academy ties is a close second.  Or my best answer:  Omega Leader  with Comm relay and A Score to Settle.  Not as good as juke, but very intimidating.

Do you want late game or early game intimidation?  Juke Comm Relay Omega leader is the best use of points.  one on one it is one of the most damaging ships in the game.  and can solo Dengar 1 on 1.  The Great thing about Omega leader as well is that early game she is easy to take out but means you have to not shoot at the rest of the list which is more suited to applying heavy damage early as opposed to late game.  Smart players know to not leave Omega leader for last because he is **** near impossible to take down and will just widdle your hit points down over time.   Pure Sabacc is scary for like one round and then proceeds to go poof because he painted himself as such a big target and is not very defensive.  Omega Leader is always the smart choice.  

For 26, it'd obviously be Omega Leader with Juke and Comm Relay - an opponent that isn't scared by that doesn't know its endgame potential, which is good for you.

Less than 26 points, I actually found 23 points for a TIE Aggressor with TLT to be surprisingly effective - and it fills a role the imperials don't have access to otherwise, in a way nobody else has access to. Despite all the hate for the ship and all :P

Edited by haslo

1 hour ago, LagJanson said:

Although the fear returns when they ignore the shuttle and find it parked beside their list for two turns, just outside the majority of arcs...  I hadn't thought of Lambda shuttles prior to posting originally... The Vader shuttle is tempting now.

I just used a Vader Shuttle for the first time in years at a recent Store Championship. I lost the first two games, partially due to being out of practice, and partially due to my opponent's flying: I only got one shot with the shuttle both games. Games that I got two or three shots, I won. It's a very powerful piece, and I'm really enjoying it now. I flew it with 4 generic TIE strikers.

18 minutes ago, thestggrwng said:

Do you want late game or early game intimidation?  Juke Comm Relay Omega leader is the best use of points.  one on one it is one of the most damaging ships in the game.  and can solo Dengar 1 on 1.  The Great thing about Omega leader as well is that early game she is easy to take out but means you have to not shoot at the rest of the list which is more suited to applying heavy damage early as opposed to late game.  Smart players know to not leave Omega leader for last because he is **** near impossible to take down and will just widdle your hit points down over time.   Pure Sabacc is scary for like one round and then proceeds to go poof because he painted himself as such a big target and is not very defensive.  Omega Leader is always the smart choice.  

Oh, definitely. 26 points it's a no brainer, Omega Leader is hands down the best use of the points. Actually, Omega Leader with Juke and Comm Relay would also be the correct choice at 27 points, 28 points.. etc... 25 and below is much more interesting at this point.

In answer to your first question though - early game intimidation would be better.

1 hour ago, jonnyd said:

I'm a big fan of Duchess with VI and AA.  PS10 Duchess is the ship everyone doesn't even know they hate yet.

Had to scroll a loooong way for my gal Duchess. Been running her with VI and AA and she's the most adaptive pilot I've run in ages. She punches way above her weight, and the other ~75 points can be almost anything you want.

2 hours ago, LagJanson said:

It'd certainly scare me if I saw that on the other side of the table. I'd be worried I had slipped into another reality where such a thing might actually exist.

It's not another reality, it's: a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away...

33 minutes ago, Tsiegtiez said:

Had to scroll a loooong way for my gal Duchess. Been running her with VI and AA and she's the most adaptive pilot I've run in ages. She punches way above her weight, and the other ~75 points can be almost anything you want.

How are you hitting anything with her? I mean, without a TL, are you really rolling enough paint to make it cout? That's my issue with the Striker. Unless I PTL a TL/Focus, I just cannot hit anything consistently with the Striker's 3 dice attack. 

42 minutes ago, Scopes said:

How are you hitting anything with her? I mean, without a TL, are you really rolling enough paint to make it cout? That's my issue with the Striker. Unless I PTL a TL/Focus, I just cannot hit anything consistently with the Striker's 3 dice attack. 

Most of the time I have her at 26 points, and I prefer TC to LWF.  Lately, I've had lists with Stridan and Systems Officer to get her the TL, or Palp.  At range 3 you can't really expect to hit much.  At range 1, its a pretty devastating shot.  Dice will be dice, but you should average 2 hits and a focus (ish) at range one.  With the sloop and AA, she's amazingly unpredictable and very frustrating for opponents with arcs.

2 hours ago, LagJanson said:

Oh, definitely. 26 points it's a no brainer, Omega Leader is hands down the best use of the points. Actually, Omega Leader with Juke and Comm Relay would also be the correct choice at 27 points, 28 points.. etc... 25 and below is much more interesting at this point.

In answer to your first question though - early game intimidation would be better.

Doesn't that kind of answer the question then.  Squeeze one point out elsewhere and add Omega.

18 minutes ago, SabineKey said:

Personal experience has me against Lone Wolf, but it might work out.

Only works alongside 3 TLT or something where you can comfortably keep your ships apart - otherwise, I agree that Lone Wolf is a risky upgrade.