Sign in to follow this  
LagJanson

What is the scariest Imperial for 25 points?

Or less! Just curious. I'm going for intimidation prior to a match beginning. Actual ability is secondary. I'm looking at Pure Sabacc for fire power as a potential, but for some reason the TIE Striker just doesn't hold a lot of intimidation factor.

6 minutes ago, LagJanson said:

Or less! Just curious. I'm going for intimidation prior to a match beginning. Actual ability is secondary. I'm looking at Pure Sabacc for fire power as a potential, but for some reason the TIE Striker just doesn't hold a lot of intimidation factor.

Pure Sabaac should.   Otherwise, A gamma vet with Cruise Missiles and EPT or EM

I vote Pure Sabacc with Score to Settle, Alerons, Targeting Computer. Wont last long but it wont anyway regardless of what you do. Should get 2 maybe 3 big shots off.

Otherwise go even cheaper to 22 pts and bring my boy Countdown and piss off dengar/rey/norra/etc

Edited by Boom Owl

18 minutes ago, GreenDragoon said:

I wanted to say Zeta leader because he can get 3-4 red dice (when selfstressing) and has 4 HP, but yeah... power creep...

I think if I was going for Zeta leader, I'd be tempted to drop it down to Mauler Mithel or Backstabber... They're my friends...

3 minutes ago, LagJanson said:

I think if I was going for Zeta leader, I'd be tempted to drop it down to Mauler Mithel or Backstabber... They're my friends...

While I like Mauler Mithel and Backstabber, Zeta Leader has the upgraded ride with green 2 turns and sloops. The dial is very much worth it.

1. Omega Leader - 21 pts

Doesn't matter, really, how she's built. It's gonna cause concern for your opponent.

1a. Omega Leader with A Score to Settle and Comm Relay - 24 pts

Not only are you able to mod OL's shots against a preferred enemy... They don't get the benefit back if you've got them locked.

2. Omicron Group Pilot (w/ Collision Detector) - 21 pts

This is intimidating because your opponent expects to see Palp, and it's a gorram alabaster space cow. Warning: fear wears off when they realize you're Palp-less.

2a. Omicron Group Pilot w/ Darth Vader crew and Collision Detector - 24 pts.

The Doom Shuttle (lite). To this day, a ship that still strikes fear into aces. They now devote their entire strategy to staying out of those Vader-backed front guns, and have to spend time taking it down.

1 minute ago, IG88E said:

A half Whisper

So close...

1 minute ago, ArbitraryNerd said:

2. Omicron Group Pilot (w/ Collision Detector) - 21 pts

This is intimidating because your opponent expects to see Palp, and it's a gorram alabaster space cow. Warning: fear wears off when they realize you're Palp-less.

Although the fear returns when they ignore the shuttle and find it parked beside their list for two turns, just outside the majority of arcs...  I hadn't thought of Lambda shuttles prior to posting originally... The Vader shuttle is tempting now.

10 minutes ago, ArbitraryNerd said:

1a. Omega Leader with A Score to Settle and Comm Relay - 24 pts

Not only are you able to mod OL's shots against a preferred enemy... They don't get the benefit back if you've got them locked.

I had a guy choose to put A Debt to Pay on OL once during a tournament. I asked him, "Are you sure about that?", "Yeah".

He's not a newbie, he's a regular at the store and I know he knows OL.

That was the first ship I locked down. He got a concerned look on his face the first firing round I told him he could not modify with his attack and then facepalmed. OL got free crits back on him thanks to his own EPT.

Such a bro. :D

Edit:

Coincidentally, and more to answer the topic question, the tournament was a 50pts one that I ran OL and ZL with

Omega Leader: Juke, Comm Relay at 26pts

Zeta Leader: Wired, TIE MkII, Sensor Cluster at 24pts

Both of those are some of my favorite 25ish Imps.

Edited by kris40k

5 minutes ago, kris40k said:

I had a guy choose to put A Debt to Pay on OL once during a tournament. I asked him, "Are you sure about that?", "Yeah".

He's not a newbie, he's a regular at the store and I know he knows OL.

That was the first ship I locked down. He got a concerned look on his face the first firing round I told him he could not modify with his attack and then facepalmed. OL got free crits back on him thanks to his own EPT.

Such a bro. :D

I think ADTP is a great option for juke for OL. Comes in at 21 points plus what ever tech slot you want to add. save your focus' for defence. 

Scimitar Squadron Pilot

- Title

- Darth Vader

- Hotshot Copilot (or Rebel Captive) 

- Lightweight Frame or upgrade to Gamma Squadron Pilot (or Gamma Squadron Veteran + Adaptability)

Depending, of course. I think at 25 points there is no "one size fits all" ship that is scary to all comers. But this is a good one. Vader to frighten Fenn and other low hull ships, Rebel Captive to annoy Mindlink or Expertise users, or HotCP if Rey or Poe is making waves/shutting down agromech thugs/general token stripping utility.