Sign in to follow this  
BCooper85

Rebel Alpha Strike/Control List ideas?

Hi guys,

With bombs being awesome these days my 'YOLO', aggressive way of flying with generally low PS ships isn't working. With that in mind I'd rather go anti-meta which will annoy the hell out other lists.

I'm definitely going to use Braylen with gunner, title and R3-A2 because no one likes seeing him across the table and he's awesome.

My question is what would you put with him that can be a complete nuisance as well?

A friend and I have thought about Nera with protons, EM, deadeye and baffle (so she can get the hell out of dodge and still action) and myabe an ICT Y-Wing but I'm interested to see what the hive mind thinks?

Massed Ion weapons could be an unpleasant surprise for people not expecting them.

Ion Cannon Turret Y-wings are annoying but lack the raw damage output for a real killing blow. But provided you've got the punch in the rest of your list, they can just keep a target lightly tazed to keep it out of the fight.

Braylen is good at delivering stress and if you want to just stress people I'd stick with him.

A combined stress/ion deliverer is the only real improvement I can think of.

• A BTL-A4 Ion Turret Y-wing with R3-A2 is good, but obviously mutually exclusive with Braylen.

You are guaranteed 2 stress at range 1-2 (because you're not dependent on missing with your first attack) but you don't get an auxiliary arc and your ability to shed stress is waaaaay worse. On the other hand, 2 stress plus an ion token screws up any small ship something rotten.

• An Ion Cannon, B-wing/E Tactician B-wing doesn't compete for unique upgrades.

You only get your stress at range 2, and can't double stress someone, but you're not stressing yourself either, which combined with barrel roll should make keeping your nose pointed the right way easier. The Ion Cannon is range 1-3, more importantly. You probably won't land a hit past the autothruster brigade, but it should be a nice tool against less agile ships.

4 hours ago, Magnus Grendel said:
  • An Ion Cannon, B-wing/E Tactician B-wing doesn't compete for unique upgrades.

You only get your stress at range 2, and can't double stress someone, but you're not stressing yourself either, which combined with barrel roll should make keeping your nose pointed the right way easier. The Ion Cannon is range 1-3, more importantly. You probably won't land a hit past the autothruster brigade, but it should be a nice tool against less agile ships.

If I have two of these plus the Braylen described above I'm left with 12 points. A Bandit blocker?

Can't go wrong with a cheap ship to block.

A Z-95 has the life expectancy of a slug in a salt mine in the era of cruise missiles, fenn rau, and swarm leaders but at the same time, if he's drawing fire he's drawing it off something far more important, and he can pull his weight in close.

• Wes Janson - VI, Plasma Torps, R3-A2, Guidance Chips (35)
  • Airen Cracken - VI, Cruise Missile, Guidance Chips (24)
  • Poe Dameron (PS9) - Intensity, BB-8, Primed Thrusters, Plasma Torps, Guidance Chips (41)

If you're going for control and annoyance how about something like:

Braylen Stramm (29) - ARC-170
Tactician (2), R3-A2 (2), Alliance Overhaul (0)

Lieutenant Blount (20) - Z-95 Headhunter
A Score To Settle (0), Ion Pulse Missiles (3)

Gold Squadron Pilot (24) - Y-Wing
Ion Cannon Turret (5), R2 Astromech (1)

Ahsoka Tano (27) - TIE Fighter
Adaptability (0), Sabine's Masterpiece (1), Captured TIE (1), Sabine Wren (2), Scavenger Crane (2), Conner Net (4)

I've played several variants of this list and can confirm it's good:

43 Miranda w/ TLT, C3P0, HomingM, Chips.
25 Airen w/ VI, HomingM.
32 Braylenn w/ R3A2, Gunner, Title.
0 Initiative.

you have Braylenn as stress control and a blocker to protect you from getting rushed. Airen and Miranda deliver two very accurate Homing Missiles, which can usually kill or cripple a ship early (I've killed that stupid super-Dengar in a single volley). After the missiles are away, Miranda wins you the endgame.

The only downside is it's three fugly ships, and TLT-Miranda is high up on the lame scale.

Edited by CRCL

8 minutes ago, CRCL said:

The only downside is it's three fugly ships, and TLT-Miranda is high up on the lame scale.

Uh, excuse me?!?! The only ship with a wingspan more glorious than the ARC or K-Wing is the Upsilon!!!!! AND WINGSPAN IS A BEAUTIFUL THING!!!!!