Sign in to follow this  
Shadow345

Stop worrying and enjoy playing the game

Part of the problem is guys start theory-crafting as soon as any info is released. They're ready with squads when available and beat up other players who aren't familiar with the new ships. Then the cries of "OP", "nerf this" resound across the forums.

Players don't adjust their play style for new builds, get trounced and instead of analyzing the game, lose their minds.

The other side of the coin are the naysayers that claim a release is "DOA" even before all the information is released about an expansion.

Sometimes I just shake my head and say, "WTH".

This game is too much fun to spoil by stressing over the finer points. Yes, some ships are more value-for-points than others. Yes, some builds do REALLY well. But there are counters for pretty much anything, especially once people have had time to actually play the new ships.

In most cases the NPE is what you bring with you.

Image result for luke darth cave

Fly casual, have fun. Winning is a nice bonus when you have a chance to throw down some dice with a mate.

RoV

2 hours ago, Shadow345 said:

Everyone said Scurrg would ruin the game.

Last tournament I went to only 5 out of 30 people ran a Scurrg and they didn't even place that high.

Now everyone is worried about Thweek.

Just enjoy playing the game with the ships you enjoy most.

What about when everyone said Biggs would ruin the game.

3 hours ago, Shadow345 said:

Everyone said Scurrg would ruin the game.

Last tournament I went to only 5 out of 30 people ran a Scurrg and they didn't even place that high.

Now everyone is worried about Thweek.

Just enjoy playing the game with the ships you enjoy most.

Yeah, it's just casual thing here that things go ape **** first, right after something cool gets released!

Then you will be scrolling through hate and hopeless postings and threads. At one point people who tried to keep cool and positive get mad with people who was mad and then, but just then this place has shown the real face of X-Wing community in Internet.. Endless fighting for little things that have grown personal. 

Well all you need to do is to decide how much these things matter in personal level and then you will find your place here. Personally I'm trying to add scroll through that **** and ignore it as far as I can, and when I'm getting provocated I'm going do something else than this forum. :lol:

1 hour ago, spacelion said:

What about when everyone said Biggs would ruin the game.

There's one list with Biggs that's still new, the others hardly ruin the game...

Maybe this new one will remain successful, maybe not. But it's hardly unbeatable, so just fly what you like and outsmart the other pilot.