Fuzzywookie

Not feeling the game anymore.

FFG is damned if they do, damned if they don't. If we don't get new/interesting ships, the world is on fire. The day Wave XI dropped, Wave XII speculation threads popped up all over the web. If new/interesting ships are mediocre or not an improvement on what is already in the game, the world is on fire - see the TIE Aggressor, that fills a niche for Imperial lists but that many people already hate because it isn't good enough, less than a month after release. If there are delays with a Wave, or no announcements, again - the world is on fire. Then, after we get the release of these new ships, these threads pop up (every Wave) - people are tired of new ships that they don't connect with. There are very few ships left that any of us have a real connection with - and if we do, its all EU ships. We can rally for whatever ship we want (I would love the Skipray, as I have a connection with that - while I could care less about the Gunboat, as I never played the game), but most people don't know anything about these ships. This is more a commentary on the cycle I've seen over the past couple years with the game and not specific to the OP or this post.

To the OP, there a tons of ways to have fun with X-Wing outside of competitive or even casual 100/6. Many of them are listed here. Honestly, just going to a friend's house and bringing a random list I threw together, and having a couple beers while playing some X-Wing is the most fun I have with this game. Format doesn't matter at that point.

Edited by dsul413

X-wing has jumped the shark.  many of the "Fly Casual" players have moved on leaving and attracting the more competitive players.  The latest wave hardly feels like Star Wars to me.  Srsly, wookie gunship?  they have gunships now?  I thought Kashyyk was enslaved by the Empire?  THEY DONT EVEN WEAR CLOTHES BUT THEY HAVE GUNSHIP FACTORIES???   effin stupid.  

18 minutes ago, vyrago said:

X-wing has jumped the shark.  many of the "Fly Casual" players have moved on leaving and attracting the more competitive players.  The latest wave hardly feels like Star Wars to me.  Srsly, wookie gunship?  they have gunships now?  I thought Kashyyk was enslaved by the Empire?  THEY DONT EVEN WEAR CLOTHES BUT THEY HAVE GUNSHIP FACTORIES???   effin stupid.  

They had native tech in the prequels, FWIW.

1 hour ago, Red Castle said:

I know that a lot of people think that Gameplay >>>>> Fluff. But for me it's the opposite: Fluff >>>>>>> Gameplay.

It's a Star Wars game before anything else and that's why I keep playing.

I can't hit like enough times for this.

1 hour ago, dsul413 said:

FFG is damned if they do, damned if they don't.

It would help the soul of this game a lot to have at least one wave that focuses more on being Star Wars by just adding content than on rebalancing the meta or fixing ships.  See above.

33 minutes ago, vyrago said:

Wookiee has 2 Es.

Kashyyyk has 3 Ys.

Effen is a vodka.  Vodka is never stupid.

Just sayin.'

I fly what I want to fly. I lose a lot. I mean, a lot. But I have fun.

On one occasion I was at the bottom of the barrel on a tournament, at 0-3 I'm playing the other 0-3 person on the last match. We had a great time. I actually won because he misjudged a move and ran his last ship into my Decimator with Anti Pursuit lasers and then I ran into him to finish him off. But as we were picking up his ships he said, "That was the most fun I've had all day." That's what the game should be about, in my opinion.

We have grown our crowd at the game store I frequent by triple by offering Heroes sessions during X-Wing nights. There are people that come by for comics, see the iconic X-Wing and Y-Wing and TIE Fighter battles going on and decide they have to get some of that... so they do.

If you're like me, you're probably invested a lot in ships / storage / etc. so make use of it. You might get your "feels" back. :) 

Edited by drathbun

On 7/25/2017 at 6:23 PM, Audio Weasel said:

*sigh*.....  such a youngling:

In 2000 I saw Weird Al perform in an auditorium in Santa Barbara . . . & yes he did the yoda song & his bandmates dressed in jedi cosplay for that song.  I can't remember if he did the saga begins song, BUT IT WAS 2000 . . . nerdiness, geekiness & cosplay did not yet receive global comic-con social status yet - and there was a sizable amount of nerd concert goers there already dressed like tubby, cheeto-stained handed jedis.  Yeah the concert was ahead of its time clearly!

There are other ways to play the game that would make it fun - not in which the manner of how you were trained though . . .