Fuzzywookie

Not feeling the game anymore.

But seriously, try Epic. I'm almost exclusively 100/6 but the few times I've epic'd, it was a great change of pace and a different way of thinking.

"Loser" ships & pilots are MUCH better and the OP squads in standard play won't last long. I wish it was more commonplace. 100/6 is a crutch! :P

1 hour ago, phild0 said:

I recommend playing MORE, and forum-ing / thinking about the game less.

Thinking about XWing sure seems less enjoyable than playing it.

Oftentimes the opinion we form on our own (without other's input) can be more valuable.

Can't like this enough.

The problem is tournaments. anytime a video game, board game, or card game gets a bloodthirsty tournament scene it goes from being about fun and setting a fantasy mood(i'm a ******* squad leader! etc) to "winning" by spamming the most broken techniques available. If I put my plastic toy spaceships on the table and my opponent removes them before I get to play, that isn't a game anymore... its just someone having the mathematical solution to subtract what I brought. My wife and I got into this game because it was like chess with customizable pieces that let us fly in the Star Wars universe. now its a bunch of magic the gathering logic loops and NPE.   For now I'm just playing house rules only and avoiding store games. Why get passed between Miranda and Dengar a hundred times in a row when I can have my custom salvaged Mankvim squad get wrecked by my brothers Firefly transport because I maneuvered like an ***?  That's hilarious and way more sporting. Just have fun and screw the weird balance issues Fantasy Flight is intentionally building into their game to sell new ships.

P.S. In before wave 12 Lambda fix gives it green segnors loops, 360 cannon arc, and hyperspace action