Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mr. Brogger

Creating the Toad King!

250 posts in this topic

dl.dropbox.com/u/9409455/Toad%20King%20%28low%20res%29.pdf

There is also my version of the Toad King which you can download from the above link!

The Toad King chart shows the number of spaces the Toad King can move to when he is activated - he only moves 1 space when a character rolls a 1 for his turn. A player may choose to move either the Reaper or the Toad King when using my version of the Toad King.

Ell.

I'm very late to this thread. A great idea.

I can't help feeling the toad king should have some "kingly" ability, such as sending toaded characters on quests with minor rewards of some sort, or with a punishment for failing to complete on time. Perhaps a toad quest must be completed before you can stop being a toad, e.g. Go to a woods space or land on a space with a magical object that is turned in.

I'm very late to this thread. A great idea.

I can't help feeling the toad king should have some "kingly" ability, such as sending toaded characters on quests with minor rewards of some sort, or with a punishment for failing to complete on time. Perhaps a toad quest must be completed before you can stop being a toad, e.g. Go to a woods space or land on a space with a magical object that is turned in.

That's an interesting thought.

Presenting my version of the Toad King:

Toad King Rulesheet:

https://app.box.com/s/2vr1w2fq7hvyp4xbl1yk

Toad King Character Card:

https://app.box.com/s/z46o9kk9m3vgc1q49tl0

Toad King Playing Piece Card (or just use a Toad Figure):

https://app.box.com/s/gfw7wglsa62enanp8mi0

Thanks to Lasse Brogger for the original concept of the Toad King and Jon New for the Toad King Playing Piece Card!
Edited by talismanamsilat

Hallo fellas :) I have been away from this forum for some time now, actually for some years :D Well, I have beginning to play Talisman again, mostly with my children.
Anyway, I was painting my city minatures and took a look in my stuff and found these two old toads. I have got a lot off request on the Toad King through the time, so I am considering to sell these. Well, what else should I do with them ? :D

1489209_10152670567468625_2026078815_n.j

talismanisland likes this

Maybe the Toad King should be an Alternate Ending when using Timescape.  Use one of the Slaan Figures since they are technically an ancient race; the old ones.  

He is sculpted with green stuff from the buttom. I will be making more copies, or at least I plan to do so :D

... It is good to be back in the world of Talisman :)

Edited by Mr. Brogger
talismanisland likes this

He is sculpted with green stuff from the buttom. I will be making more copies, or at least I plan to do so :D

... It is good to be back in the world of Talisman :)

Well, as I already have one of your Toad Kings, I suppose that I should let someone else have the chance to own one, especially a painted version!

You should put your site back online with your in-progress shots and downloads.

You should put your site back online with your in-progress shots and downloads.

I do not have that domain anymore, but will probably make me a new place to make my stuff available :)

... Just don't know when yet.

Edited by Mr. Brogger

Count me in as someone who would love a Toad King miniature. Be sure to let us know when you get your miniatures available for sale again. :)

Count me in as someone who would love a Toad King miniature. Be sure to let us know when you get your miniatures available for sale again. :)

Sure, I will let you all know :)

Well, the toad king is official in the Woodland corner!

I wanted the miniature before, but couldn't get one. Now more than before.

And I guess I'm not alone.

Any posibility to get a miniature of this toadstool sitting royal slimeball?

Put me directly after bowlwoman in the que! =D

Edited by Draii

I hope you get your King miniture. Not sure it will come with the set (not pictured, yet) but seems it could be fabricated by you crafty folks out there.

I'll probably just get a card holder thingee and use that. I've been considering this as (my) a poorman's way of representing a NPC.

Toad King figure is my fav addon to the game. We amped him up in the last game by magic in any region setting him off and he could cross the river to adjacent spot in outer and middle regions. Much more of a threat and had a few encounters plus a toading.

The Toad king exists in the Woodland realm now. Not sure how much that matters to those who use the fan creation tho. I thought about adding it, but never did.