Sign in to follow this  
Yoda Man

Thweek-ception.

Ok, i don't know if anybody has written this down to the community, surely I can't be the first to have thought it, but what happens when Thweek mimics Thweek mimicking Thweek mimicking Thweek??

Now this is partially silly and serious and I know there is some practical answer but why not be fun and imaginative for the heck of it.:P

4 minutes ago, Yoda Man said:

Ok, i don't know if anybody has written this down to the community, surely I can't be the first to have thought it, but what happens when Thweek mimics Thweek mimicking Thweek mimicking Thweek??

Now this is partially silly and serious and I know there is some practical answer but why not be fun and imaginative for the heck of it.:P

It specifically states that you can't assign conditions, likely to ensure that doesn't happen.

swx73-mimicked.png

/Thread end.

Edited by CRCL

What about mimicking the opposing Thweek?  Would initiative matter?  Team 1 has initiative. Thweek 1 mimics a ship. Thweek 2 mimics Thweek 1. You aren't mimicking the condition giving ability because he acquires the new ability, right?  

3 minutes ago, tortugatron said:

What about mimicking the opposing Thweek?  Would initiative matter?  Team 1 has initiative. Thweek 1 mimics a ship. Thweek 2 mimics Thweek 1. You aren't mimicking the condition giving ability because he acquires the new ability, right?  

Refer to my post above.

Edited by CRCL

Thweek with initiative copies a pilot ability, or PS.

If initiative thweek copies PS, thweek without initiative may copy his PS (whatever it is) but may not copy his ability, due to condition card stipulation. 

If initiative thweek copied an ability, non-initiative thweek may copy his PS (native 4) or his copied ability (whatever that is). 

2 minutes ago, Waffle Iron said:

Thweek with initiative copies a pilot ability, or PS.

If initiative thweek copies PS, thweek without initiative may copy his PS (whatever it is) but may not copy his ability, due to condition card stipulation. 

If initiative thweek copied an ability, non-initiative thweek may copy his PS (native 4) or his copied ability (whatever that is). 

That would work. You have Thweek + Dengar, They copy you Dengar, you copy their Thweek and also get Dengar's ability. Everyone is Dengar..... YAY!

Edited by CRCL

1 hour ago, PhantomFO said:

Yo, man. I heard you like Thweek. So we put a Thweek in your Thweek so you can Thweek while you Thweek.

You almost get a like, but you neglected to actually post it as a meme. There are plenty of meme generators out there, and most if not all of them should have that image. 

Edited by Herowannabe

2 minutes ago, Marinealver said:

What is good in life?

To beat Fen Rau

To destroy Biggs before you,

and to hear the lamentations of the Imperials.

:P

what exactly does that have to do with this thread? Just curious because I can't find the connection. 

2 minutes ago, Herowannabe said:

what exactly does that have to do with this thread? Just curious because I can't find the connection. 

Thweek + Dengar new meta, prediction being made with no playtesting or experience or any exact thought of it. But hey it is destined to be king of the current salt waters.

Edited by Marinealver

9 hours ago, Yoda Man said:

Such a conundrum can only be solved with a blast of reversed polarity tachion particles beamed at the Thweeks...and this is not Star Trek!

Game Over - destroy the table - set the LGS ablaze. 

Does apply mean the same thing as assign in this context?
If Player A Thweeks my N'Dru, and then I Thweek his Thweek, which is now treated as having N'Dru's ability then there's three N'Dru abilities, right?
Related: I thweek Ig-88A, who is paired with IG-88C, does my thweek get IG-88A and C's abilities? I assume so since the title gave A C's ability?

Just now, FourDogsInaHorseSuit said:

Does apply mean the same thing as assign in this context?
If Player A Thweeks my N'Dru, and then I Thweek his Thweek, which is now treated as having N'Dru's ability then there's three N'Dru abilities, right?
Related: I thweek Ig-88A, who is paired with IG-88C, does my thweek get IG-88A and C's abilities? I assume so since the title gave A C's ability?

1: probably.

2: probably.

1 minute ago, LagJanson said:

Oh gosh... What's worse than Biggs? Biggs with three agility and autothrusters... Awesome.

What's worse than Biggs with 3 AGI and autothrusters?

Biggs with IA, R4-D6, backed up by Lowhhrick with Selflessness, Jess with Draw their Fire, and Rex.

6 minutes ago, thespaceinvader said:

What's worse than Biggs with 3 AGI and autothrusters?

Biggs with IA, R4-D6, backed up by Lowhhrick with Selflessness, Jess with Draw their Fire, and Rex.

Wonder if you could do similar with Scum. Thweek with Biggs ability, autothrusters... Inaldra with the horrible Bodyguard EPT (increase Thweek's agility) .... Any other parts that could be thrown in?

EDIT - Serissu on stand by...

Edited by LagJanson

Just now, LagJanson said:

Wonder if you could do similar with Scum. Thweek with Biggs ability, autothrusters... Inaldra with the horrible Bodyguard EPT (increase Thweek's agility) .... Any other parts that could be thrown in?

EDIT - Serissu on stand by...

You could, but it would dreadful if your opponent *didn't* have Biggs, and it still wouldn't be anywhere near as unkillable.

I actually don't think it works based on how the card is written now that I re-read it.

Thweek is treated as if he has your pilots ability.

Does not mean to me as if Thweeks pilot ability is replaced with that pilots ability, he is just treated like it. The condition card is therefore what grants the ability. since Thweek cannot mimic condition card abilities...he cannot mimic a mimic'd ability.

This will need FAQ for the same reason of confusion as the mapper. I think the Kryats are right... FFG development makes this **** up as they go along and then asks Frank to fix it just to see the look on his face of "wtf did you guys do to the game now?!?! you know our player base is going to argue about this until we figure out what we actually want the cards to do right?! This crap is broken...and it's your fault."