Shraken

Your not getting a Biggs fix.

Gotcha! I knew putting your instead of you're would get you in here to grammar rage at me.

Instead, let's discuss why Biggs WON'T get fixed. 

I feel FFG are going with a broader toolset to disrupt his shenanigans. 

Arc casters, bombs, EMP devices and now the Harpooned! Condition card screams formation disruption or take AOE damage.

As an avid hater of Biggs and someone who has been praying for a Biggs FAQ I do feel that they are trying to address him without resorting to an errata. 

Why they love that dude so much is beyond me, I'll never know but I honestly don't think it's ever going to happen.

Start the healing by moving past the hope phase.

Good luck =D

2 hours ago, Shraken said:

As an avid hater of Biggs and someone who has been praying for a Biggs FAQ I do feel that they are trying to address him without resorting to an errata. 

You mean after 10 waves since he was released and by including three cards that make him even tougher to kill in the last two waves?

No @Shraken, he's getting an errata, that's for sure. The crazy Reinforce and Selflessness are his replacements; what the fix is on poor old twisted Biggs is --to allow him to be the hero as he is in cannon and not the scared little doormat-- is yet to drop; but it's coming my friend, oh it's coming.

1 hour ago, clanofwolves said:

No @Shraken, he's getting an errata, that's for sure. The crazy Reinforce and Selflessness are his replacements; what the fix is on poor old twisted Biggs is --to allow him to be the hero as he is in cannon and not the scared little doormat-- is yet to drop; but it's coming my friend, oh it's coming.

I wish I had your optomism.

44 minutes ago, Shraken said:

optomism

*optimism

Spelling rage. :D

You may have a point about Biggs.  The developers have stated don't like errata as it goes against the philosophy of a printed game.  If they can deal with it in other ways they will do.  Shame though if this is what it's all about... will we ever see a TIE swarm again?

6 hours ago, Shraken said:

FFG are going with [...] formation disruption or take AOE damage.

I really hope you're wrong because that would throw out the baby with the bathwater.

Formation flying is great, takes a bit of skill and was a core concept of the game from early on. It also looks cool and draws in new players.

So if you were right then FFG would just drive another nail into the coffin of swarms, simply because they can't admit and change a mistake they made in their very first set?! That would be really, really bad on their part.

2 hours ago, GreenDragoon said:

So if you were right then FFG would just drive another nail into the coffin of swarms, simply because they can't admit and change a mistake they made in their very first set?! That would be really, really bad on their part.

Sounds like FFG 's modus operandi!

We have been over this: rebels can NOT function without Biggs. There entire schtick is synergy and if they can not protect the one good ship they can afford in a 3 ship list from being focused down in the first two turn of shooting they are screwed. If you take away Biggs, all that remains are two ship lists with turrets.     

Edited by Duskwalker

17 minutes ago, Duskwalker said:

We have been over this: rebels can NOT function without Biggs. There entire schtick is synergy and if they can not protect the one good ship they can afford in a 3 ship list from being focused down in the first two turn of shooting they are screwed. If you take away Biggs, all that remains are two ship lists with turrets.     

Maybe that's true for highest level play, I wouldn't know, but definitely not below that.

Biggs has already been nerfed once. In order to nerf him again, in the current meta of massive alpha strikes and super reliable 5 dice attacks, they would have to upgrade Rebel defenses across the board. 

Which would be great. It sucks paying the Biggs tax to compete.

2 hours ago, Duskwalker said:

Partially true, but Biggs wasn't ever intended to hamstring the Rebel design space, thus Reinforce and Selflessness was born so the Biggs correction --which I've been led to believe will make his ability only proc when he's the closest ship to the attacker-- is released. Worry not about the Rebel's crumbling sans Biggs OP mind bending powers, fear mongers stated the same thing as Palp nerfs were begged and pleaded for.....oh wait, maybe it will take the Rebel faction completely out of the top 4 Worlds positions as it has the Imperials; oh crap Rebels! Time to cry! It will be Scum only top eight next year. Oh wait, Rebs still have Sabine Miranda and Regen, they'll be just as great.

......just stop.