SaltMaster 5000

Carolina Krayts is the best X-Wing podcast

18 minutes ago, Brunas said:

Well, we're officially free.  Thanks for not burning down our somehow wholesome thread in the meantime.

WE Did it!  Other things of note: Sabine is optional.  Leebo works with ISYTDS.  I also feel bad for the Judge Illuminati, who are going to get a lot of flak for standing by RAW.

Edited by Do I need a Username

10 minutes ago, Do I need a Username said:

WE Did it!  Other things of note: Sabine is optional.  Leebo works with ISYTDS.  I also feel bad for the Judge Illuminati, who are going to get a lot of flak for standing by RAW.

But the community has ALWAYS used RAW!!!11!

There has never been a deviation.

im surprised the even felt compelled to clarify Sabine !

1 hour ago, Do I need a Username said:

To be fair, there was absolutely no way they could have know. This is the first ever recorded instance of RAI ever in x wing.

1 hour ago, Do I need a Username said:

Side note: Have any of you used the X-wing solo play simulator on GitHub?  It only has wave one, but boy is it fun to play.  Arcs matter, and everything is so fun.

Not yet. 

I keep meaning to, and get distracted

33 minutes ago, catachanninja said:

To be fair, there was absolutely no way they could have know. This is the first ever recorded instance of RAI ever in x wing.

Oh I know.  Just to be clear, I think they made the right call given the information they had.  Even if people are going to make fun of them for the FFGEC ruling not being precedent, it wasn't an official document, so they had nothing to stand on other than their gut.  Were it a lower level, like a QK, I may have preferred a vote, but for anything above, RAW all the way.

51 minutes ago, Do I need a Username said:

Oh I know.  Just to be clear, I think they made the right call given the information they had.  Even if people are going to make fun of them for the FFGEC ruling not being precedent, it wasn't an official document, so they had nothing to stand on other than their gut.  Were it a lower level, like a QK, I may have preferred a vote, but for anything above, RAW all the way.

I mean, that's overly simplistic, and here's why:

1. This isn't a random regional: it's FFG headquarters. This actually does carry weight.
  2. We know they can't just easily make rules changes due to LFL license restrictions.

So, everyone can still make the other ruling, but they cannot tell everyone it's random, or they have no data. They do/did.

Instead, they can say they don't find the data compelling. I would super disagree, and today's FAQ backs us up, not them.

I'm just pleased at the number of questions I asked for the unofficial PAX south FAQ that got into this FAQ.

So y'all are welcome for the leebo ruling (which I asked as a joke) and also for the super important questions like what if I vizago an illicit card with an illicit token on it.

Edit: Oh and Jan Ors with AO Poe, I know @Tlfj200 loves him some VI Poe.

Edited by jagsba

Ok false alarm. Im back again.

Just ran a practice game against Leebo 2.0 to see how much of an NPE it is to play against. Wasnt so bad really, dude landed on a rock and took a crit twice.

In other news....

Can someone explain to me how to beat Assaj? 

I keep typing in these cheat codes from GTA Vice City and it doesnt seem to work. 

Full health. While playing the game, press R1, R2, L1, Circle, Left, Down, Right, Up, Left, Down, Right, Up. ... 

Armor. While playing the game, press R1, R2, L1, X, Left, Down, Right, Up, Left, Down, Right, Up. ...

Im pretty sure I am definitely bad at X-Wing because I keep losing to Assaj.  

Edited by Boom Owl

17 minutes ago, Tlfj200 said:

We know they can't just easily make rules changes due to LFL license restrictions.

Do we really know this?  I have seen this thrown around a lot, but what is the source for it?

I can see how adding ships/pilots/upgrades/mechanics must go through some sort of processes to make sure they fit into the universe, but fine tuning the game mechanics as well?

I would think that LFL would be best doing their part to make X-Wing a good Star Wars experience, and leave FFG to do their part to make X-Wing a good game.

19 minutes ago, Tlfj200 said:

1. This isn't a random regional: it's FFG headquarters. This actually does carry weight.
  2. We know they can't just easily make rules changes due to LFL license restrictions.

So, everyone can still make the other ruling, but they cannot tell everyone it's random, or they have no data. They do/did.

Instead, they can say they don't find the data compelling. I would super disagree, and today's FAQ backs us up, not them.

Sure, but in this case, I would argue location doesn't matter.  Yes, it is FFGHQ, but does that mean that the judge talk with the Designers?  Not necessarily.  Thinking like they did, RAW is a better precedent for the game as a whole.  The job of the Judge/TO is to enforce the rules, not make them - even if the rules are annoying and stupid to play with.  If the developers want to rules changed, they should try to change them, or, contact the TOs privately and tell them that they intend to change X.  A wink wink nudge nudge is not something I ever want system open rules to be based on.  All that said, I still see your side of the argument, and on a personal level, I agree with it.  The TOs just got put in a lose/lose and I think choose the better option for the long term health of the game.

5 minutes ago, Boom Owl said:

Based on recent experience, you wait for the opponent to have a brain fade and elect not to pop Glitters or Counters when about to take 2x Harpoon or Kylo + Harpoon to the face. Everything seems to fall into place after that.

I might not be able to guarantee this will work for others, though. :P

4 minutes ago, DR4CO said:

Based on recent experience, you wait for the opponent to have a brain fade and elect not to pop Glitters or Counters when about to take 2x Harpoon or Kylo + Harpoon to the face. Everything seems to fall into place after that.

I might not be able to guarantee this will work for others, though. :P

Auto blaster Fearless Boba Fett + EU and Navigator = rekt

23 minutes ago, sirjorj said:

Do we really know this?  I have seen this thrown around a lot, but what is the source for it?

I can see how adding ships/pilots/upgrades/mechanics must go through some sort of processes to make sure they fit into the universe, but fine tuning the game mechanics as well?

I would think that LFL would be best doing their part to make X-Wing a good Star Wars experience, and leave FFG to do their part to make X-Wing a good game.

The TO in Roseville, when he posted his rulings, mentioned that official changes need to go through LFL as one of his reasons that this was only for that regional.

14 minutes ago, AlexW said:

The TO in Roseville, when he posted his rulings, mentioned that official changes need to go through LFL as one of his reasons that this was only for that regional.

Oh, to be a fly on the wall in the LFL meeting room where they discuss the approval of things like this...

2 hours ago, Boom Owl said:

Ok false alarm. Im back again.

Just ran a practice game against Leebo 2.0 to see how much of an NPE it is to play against. Wasnt so bad really, dude landed on a rock and took a crit twice.

In other news....

I keep typing in these cheat codes from GTA Vice City and it doesnt seem to work. 

Full health. While playing the game, press R1, R2, L1, Circle, Left, Down, Right, Up, Left, Down, Right, Up. ... 

Armor. While playing the game, press R1, R2, L1, X, Left, Down, Right, Up, Left, Down, Right, Up. ...

I assume you mean timewalk assaj compared to regular assaj. Generally r3 exchanges are your best bet, even with primary weapons, you're essentially trying to deny latts.  Ideally you outmanvuver the mobile firing arc entirely, action denial is useful to that. Assessing how relevant her help is matters too, if it's a ship you're not super afraid of then you can probabaly ignore it in hopes that it accidently turns off lonewolf.

7 hours ago, sozin said:

I once had a good friend who spent most of the whole year couch crashing. Near the end I made a faux rock band tour tee shirt with all the venues (couches) he played at (he was always lugging around a guitar) and the title “Bob Couch Tour 1994”.

Good times

These days such folks use freight trains. 

We call them oogles.  

Actually, now that I think of it. There's one between here and Minneapolis that' not too hard to hop. 

I may have sorted out transportation to worlds.

3 hours ago, Tlfj200 said:

The problem is that the developers have been well known to rule a card one way at an event and then for it to be FAQ'ed in a totally different way later on.

EG Leebo and IWSYTDS, At Gencon it was ruled by the developers to not work. And people started to say this was good enough reason to make it the "unofficial"  way to rule it. Then today's FAQ explicitly allows Leebo ability to work with IWSYTDS.

That said I am super stoked to see this change. It was needed and I am glad it came about this fast. I honestly hope it is enough to keep your interest up in the game!