SaltMaster 5000

Carolina Krayts is the best X-Wing podcast

Posted (edited)
32 minutes ago, svelok said:

So the UK agrees that Han is dumb now, right? And all those people arguing the Han hate was some kind of strange personal attack on Jack Mooney take it back... right?

I don't think anyone ever thought there was some kind of strange personal attack on Jack Mooney.  No-one disputes that Han is good. However the hyperbole laden rants post UK SoS were that it was a Gluesniffer list that any idiot could win with. 

Since then, a lot of folk have shown that not to be the case. The two highest finishing instances of Handbrake Han in the cut were flown by Rasta Maice (European champion) and Jack. Both are exceptional players with literally thousands of reps with two ship builds like Han/Jake or Dash Poe.

It's worth noting that the other Han in top 16 (Pete) didn't have ID ... 

Edited by Dreadai

9 minutes ago, Tlfj200 said:

Hope/Nightmare - Cassian Pilot. [Unsure this happens, but he's a major culprit].

Actual Predictions:

Phantoms across the board (this is hardly a unique thought).

I'm not sure you read the question ... 

Irrelevant now ... A tier in July ...

Just now, Dreadai said:

However the hyperbole laden rants post UK SoS were that it was a Gluesniffer list that any idiot could win with

Psst… Most of the posts, particularly in this thread, never said it was the "easy button" of Xwing… They said it was obnoxious and bad for the game. Some of us who tested it out even noted that you have to make a lot of correct moves to win with it, but in doing so it denied your opponent fun in the match.

6 minutes ago, Boom Owl said:

Hi Thread, what is one ship/pilot that will be A-Tier in July thats irrelevant now?

I feel like Bossk/Moralo is really close. Another 4pts off their cost can give them better wingmates.

Han and Rey resistance falcons are also close. They should get points drops and then the wingmen for them become things like Nein Numb instead of generics or bastian. Rey is really close to being "a thing".

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, Boom Owl said:

Hi Thread, what is one ship/pilot that will be A-Tier in July thats irrelevant now? 

Padmé.

Serious - I believe we'll see more of Ketsu, Hera, AP-5, K-wings and Defenders, but they all already see some amount of play.

Something really irrelevant now... Moralo would be my guess, with games going to time his late game point fortressing is potent, he needs some really expensive upgrades tho and his optimal squad hasn't been unlocked yet.

Edited by Pink_Viking

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Pink_Viking said:

Padmé.

Serious - I believe we'll see more of Ketsu, Hera, AP-5, K-wings and Defenders, but they all already see some amount of play.

No fair using pilots not out yet!  If that's the case, then I change my answer to some unspecified Resistance Transport pilot, cuz coordinate always moves the needle.

Edited by gennataos

Okay then...

Firesprays (possibly even if not tweaked at all, but even -1 pt may be enough with other movement)

non-Kylo Silencers (more of a hope)

VCXs (more nightmare fuel, likely)

Decimators (projecting purely because re-release)

14 minutes ago, Tlfj200 said:

Okay then...

Firesprays (possibly even if not tweaked at all, but even -1 pt may be enough with other movement)

non-Kylo Silencers (more of a hope)

VCXs (more nightmare fuel, likely)

Decimators (projecting purely because re-release)

God, First Order Test Pilots are so god **** bad. They should probably cost 58ish with Fanatical and Advanced Optics.

At least they are better than Black Squadron Scouts I guess.

Also, generic (and the named ones too i guess) TIE/FOs are ******* atricious.

16 minutes ago, gennataos said:

No fair using pilots not out yet!  If that's the case, then I change my answer to some unspecified Resistance Transport pilot, cuz coordinate always moves the needle.

Got me there, I thought Ketsu is already out. 

But I hope your prediction isn't right. I really fear those freakin transports.

38 minutes ago, Boom Owl said:

Chiraneau, and Decimators in general. I feel like they are on the verge of greatness, and that they just need a little push to be very good.

6 minutes ago, gennataos said:

I'd be shocked if they didn't make an immediate impact on the faction, at least.  

I mean, a brick makes a surprising impact when it hits the bottom of whatever space you drop it into...

(I actually believe somebody will be able to do something with these if the points drop a bit, but I also expect a lot more people running around in circles and complaining their Decimator is dying)

Just now, gennataos said:

It seems a lot of people who were playing Resistance lists moved on to Republic or CIS.  I'm not sure their power level really dropped.

Wave 3 (additions to OT) ate Resistance's lunch pretty significantly.

46 minutes ago, Boom Owl said:

VCX-100 seems like something that, if it got a little cheaper, might break through in a scary way.  But then again, if Leia gets more expensive, the whole list probably doesn't make it.

2 minutes ago, gennataos said:

It seems a lot of people who were playing Resistance lists moved on to Republic or CIS.  I'm not sure their power level really dropped.

I agree with this statement. Resistance can't just joust a lot of what is out there right now, but the ace play is still strong. That can lead to interesting times with a cheap coordination ship being added to the mix...

I'm still not excited to play Resistance though...

1 hour ago, Pink_Viking said:

They meant in Anakin/Jedi/2xTorrential lists. Mace is by far the most common choice there (3 > 2). 

Oh, huh. I haven’t been able to get out to play at all since the May 4th Hyperspace Trial, but back then it was mostly Luminara+Beef swarms for the Republic around KC.

30 minutes ago, svelok said:

Wave 3 (additions to OT) ate Resistance's lunch pretty significantly.

What makes you say that?  Like, the OT took over some of the stuff that Resistance was doing, or the beef pushed Resistance out?