SaltMaster 5000

Carolina Krayts is the best X-Wing podcast

I cut my Xwing teeth running two gunner crewed Firesprays and a Doomshuttle.  My most satisfying game was sneaking 1 hit through on Soontir with the Shuttle and then Vadering him for a direct hit.  Vader crew always holds a soft spot in my salty, sullen heart.

7 minutes ago, Do I need a Username said:

The Krayts have been distracting us with stuff on the thread, leaving the real question unanswered: Where is the episode? RREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Eh it's a week out from a pretty decent sized tournament for them.  I think Chris said close to 130 people.  There's a lot of logistics involved in that.  I've help organize 600+ people tabletop conventions and the final week can get pretty hectic if you have a full time job in addition to it.  Coordinating times, volunteers, convention space, tables, swag, a ton of questions via email/facebook, ect.  It's pretty exhausting. 

Edited by viedit

9 minutes ago, viedit said:

Eh it's a week out from a pretty decent sized tournament for them.  I think Chris said close to 130 people.  There's a lot of logistics involved in that.  I've help organize 600+ people tabletop conventions and the final week can get pretty hectic if you have a full time job in addition to it.  Coordinating times, volunteers, convention space, tables, swag, a ton of questions via email/facebook, ect.  It's pretty exhausting. 

This is fair, and probably to be expected.

Like @viedit said, just too much going on so we're behind.   Recording actually slipped my mind with the madness that has been this week until yesterday, then with the stuff we saw about something happening today we figured we'd just wait to see if anything happens on the whole genius + TS mess.

"Fortunately" Raleigh/Central NC got like 8 inches of snow that completely shut down the state for like a week, so I've had lots of time to get mostly on top of krayt cup.  Looking forward to it!

2 minutes ago, Brunas said:

Like @viedit said, just too much going on so we're behind.   Recording actually slipped my mind with the madness that has been this week until yesterday, then with the stuff we saw about something happening today we figured we'd just wait to see if anything happens on the whole genius + TS mess.

"Fortunately" Raleigh/Central NC got like 8 inches of snow that completely shut down the state for like a week, so I've had lots of time to get mostly on top of krayt cup.  Looking forward to it!

It sounds like fun, and I wanted to go, but it would have been to expensive / time consuming to get tabled a whole bunch because I don't get to practice against that many people.

4 minutes ago, Do I need a Username said:

It sounds like fun, and I wanted to go, but it would have been to expensive / time consuming to get tabled a whole bunch because I don't get to practice against that many people.

You have that backwards. It's too expensive to go table other people who don't get enough practice against you. It's hardly worth your time, really.

34 minutes ago, Boom Owl said:

I blame Star Wars Rebels. 

It caused a serious shift in what Star Wars and subsequently X-Wing is all about. 

Rebel+scum_29f06c_5509652.gif

...and gave us the VCX-100, my least favorite ship in XWM.

Edited by impspy

6 minutes ago, Do I need a Username said:

I wish I were that good... That said, I did beat someone who top 16'd worlds in my second game.

At the risk of adding further content:

• Don't beat yourself before you fly. Doesn't matter what the guy across from you has won before, he hasn't won the game until it's over. Put up a fight. Claim the high ground. Kick him the shins. Do what needs to be done!

That said, cost is certainly a legitimate factor! International flights and hotel keep me out of Krayt territory.

2 minutes ago, LagJanson said:

• Don't beat yourself before you fly. Doesn't matter what the guy across from you has won before, he hasn't won the game until it's over. Put up a fight. Claim the high ground. Kick him the shins. Do what needs to be done!

That said, cost is certainly a legitimate factor! International flights and hotel keep me out of Krayt territory.

Yep and sometimes it's good to just be ignorant.  I didn't know until after the match that I beat the Canadian National Champion in my first round of a hyperspace qualifier.  And that was with Paul Heaver and Duncan Howard playing at a table directly next to me.  That's a lot of National Champions in one really small space.  Eeek!

5 minutes ago, LagJanson said:

...Put up a fight. Claim the high ground. Kick him the shins....

...Claim the high ground...

tumblr_nubxnzT98i1tswyjoo1_500.gif

24 minutes ago, LagJanson said:

It's funny you say that, because he does his best to scare people into submission.  He set up his list, and explained to me exactly how each ship would destroy my TIE fighters.  I shrugged and told him I had eight.  Then, it turns out that Talonbane at range one of multiple  TIE fighters is a very sad Talonebane.  It was fun.

12 minutes ago, Do I need a Username said:

Also, at some point, I think it would be fun to pack a bag of X-wing, and some cloths and bicycle around the country, playing FLGS as I go, meeting X-wing players everywhere!  Seems cool.  And also expensive.

If i had kept my old job and the game survived till 2019 I had often daydreamed about buying a motorcycle with cross country travel capabilities in mind and taking it to events all over the us.

4 minutes ago, catachanninja said:

If i had kept my old job and the game survived till 2019 I had often daydreamed about buying a motorcycle with cross country travel capabilities in mind and taking it to events all over the us.

oh good, now I've started actually planning this venture...  After College, I may attempt to save all my time off for April-may and just go around the country ending at worlds.  The real trick is finding enough X-wing players willing to let me sleep on their couch for a night before I move on...

Edited by Do I need a Username