SaltMaster 5000

Carolina Krayts is the best X-Wing podcast

3 minutes ago, Kaptin Krunch said:

God I hope at least one of my factions gets the new Leia-ing

Will it be 17 Vulture 2 ESC?

Alphas at 28?

SF gunner to free?

What will be the 'Overpriced card that gets buffed into thevstratosphere' this time?

Will it ever happen outside of the R factions?

My body is ready for the 3 point Jerrijord meta.

3 hours ago, svelok said:

2 hours ago, Kieransi said:

Every time I see one of these it reminds me... 

have you heard the tragedy of Darth Kraytcoin the wise? 

Every time I see one of these I remember that I never saw the results, and I want to know how wrong the community was. Disabuse my faith in the wisdom of crowds!

10 minutes ago, PaulRuddSays said:

Every time I see one of these I remember that I never saw the results, and I want to know how wrong the community was. Disabuse my faith in the wisdom of crowds!

The results of @Kieransi's wave 4 doc I posted here: 

It's only been a few hours for my July poll ( https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfWzFP8EjiGoLFo2YXci433j1ZNUAF_23g8nH538W-cTw59HQ/viewform ) but at a glance so far:

• median is no change (or at most 1 point) for Lando, Vultures, Howl/Iden, CLT Anakin, Finch, and all the upgrades other than CC
  • median 2-4 point reductions in price for Outrider Dash, Skull Squadrons, P1 Dengar, Thicc Grievous, Arcball, Res Han, and Contrabands
  • median 2-4 point increases for Soontir, Tavson
  • the widest range of guesses are on Anakin and Resistance Han
  • the tightest range of guesses are on Vultures and Tavson (and upgrades)

Oh, I didn't realize those were the actual results for Kieransi's Wave 4 poll. Thanks!! Were there enough responses to get a reasonable standard deviation? 

If crowds think Vultures are staying within 1 point, then I'm already disabused! 

12 minutes ago, PaulRuddSays said:

Oh, I didn't realize those were the actual results for Kieransi's Wave 4 poll.

The sith work in the shadows

12 minutes ago, PaulRuddSays said:

Were there enough responses to get a reasonable standard deviation? 

There's about 30 responses, although I'd post the results again if a bunch more came in for some reason. I, too, want to see the points PDFs and compare what people thought to what comes to pass.

Posted (edited)

whole wave3 has now 38 (!) usable hyperspace trials. This is amazing, I've never had that much useful data before.

edit: I decided to split it, meaning that I won't combine the new 23 with the old 15 trials. That way the newer meta is not masked as much by the early wave3 meta. True conversion rate is 19.5%.

First funny finding: 80% of rebel lists in the cut had Wedge, 47% Braylen, 42% Cassian. 65% of imperial lists in the cut had Vader and Soontir. Anakin is on 75%, Kylo on 82%, Tavson on 77%, Lulo on 79%, Tallie on 63%.

So the meta narrowed down quite a bit. The lists that were played just once or twice went down even more, now at 20%. That means of course that 80% of lists were played 3 times or mor often. And those with 5 or more showings are at 69%. That is a clear increase from the previous tournaments.

Edited by GreenDragoon

2 hours ago, svelok said:

Atlanta System Open:

6 CIS, 8 First Order, 12 Resistance, 15 Republic, 29 Scum, 44 Rebel, 59 Empire.

Huh. I for one am surprised that Scum is that high and Resistance is that low. It’s like, maybe, people decided to try to look past certain expectations.

20 player top cut.

No Resistance, First Order, or CIS.

2 Republic, both running 2 Jedi ARC with Anakin.

3 Scum, all running Drea Loks.

4 Rebel, 3 running some variant of Leia including Braylen. The fourth was uploaded as a URL and I'm too lazy.

11 Empire, 4 Quad Phantoms. 1 Vader 3x Imdaar, 1 5xi5, 1 Vader/Palp/Vynder, 2 Vader/Soontir/X, 1 Vader/Palp/Rexler, 1 Ryad/Echo/Sai.

Aside from the weird i5s list... Empire is 55% of the cut, and every single list includes an I6 and/or Phantom(s). Is it feeling like the pre-season in here to anyone else?

30 minutes ago, svelok said:

20 player top cut.

No Resistance, First Order, or CIS.

2 Republic, both running 2 Jedi ARC with Anakin.

3 Scum, all running Drea Loks.

4 Rebel, 3 running some variant of Leia including Braylen. The fourth was uploaded as a URL and I'm too lazy.

11 Empire, 4 Quad Phantoms. 1 Vader 3x Imdaar, 1 5xi5, 1 Vader/Palp/Vynder, 2 Vader/Soontir/X, 1 Vader/Palp/Rexler, 1 Ryad/Echo/Sai.

Aside from the weird i5s list... Empire is 55% of the cut, and every single list includes an I6 and/or Phantom(s). Is it feeling like the pre-season in here to anyone else?

5x5 is pretty popular in Europe. So I wouldn’t call it weird, just hasn’t caught on out in America yet.

2 hours ago, LagJanson said:

Huh. I for one am surprised that Scum is that high and Resistance is that low. It’s like, maybe, people decided to try to look past certain expectations.

Well, Butter my biscuit and call the expectations subverted.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, LagJanson said:

Resistance got shorter end of the stick during recent meta changes. Their best lists have problems with some of the meta staples. Danger zone is still good, but doesn't allow any mistakes.

Edited by Pink_Viking

In a classic example of robots stealing jobs technology making things easier, here is meta-wing filtered to just Atlanta.

https://meta.listfortress.com/pilots?ranking_start=2019-05-24&ranking_end=2019-05-26&large_tournament_multiplier=true&widespread_use_multiplier=true&use_ranking_data=all&tournament_type=1&format_id=&

Go build your own hot takes. Here's what did best:

bbwKxi1.png

And now for something slightly different. 

The Atlanta SoS Meta Fun Review: How much fun would you consider the following squads are *to play against*?

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfhrD07H6sQjf38af6TJHoOu8V208y3e9izEmeJokVAuVqyHA/viewform?usp=sf_link

This one's just multiple choice and responses are visible, so you can see what the other people think without me telling you later.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, svelok said:

And now for something slightly different. 

The Atlanta SoS Meta Fun Review: How much fun would you consider the following squads are *to play against*?

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfhrD07H6sQjf38af6TJHoOu8V208y3e9izEmeJokVAuVqyHA/viewform?usp=sf_link

This one's just multiple choice and responses are visible, so you can see what the other people think without me telling you later.

Worst survey ever, Soontir Fel isn’t even a singular option. ;) 

Edited by FlyingAnchors

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, svelok said:

11 Empire, 4 Quad Phantoms. 1 Vader 3x Imdaar, 1 5xi5, 1 Vader/Palp/Vynder, 2 Vader/Soontir/X, 1 Whsiper/Palp/Rexler, 1 Ryad/Echo/Sai.

Two Defenders in the cut?  Does this mean the gloom and doom about the Defender being a dead ship was wrong?

I mean, it seems highly unlikely that the forums overreacted about something.

Edited by theBitterFig