SaltMaster 5000

Carolina Krayts is the best X-Wing podcast

4 hours ago, theBitterFig said:

Does Boba Fett even need upgrades?

As I'm looking at him for a Hyperspace list, there aren't the free-action-economy crew like Maul or 0-0-0, and Marauder/Han is just too expensive (and does he even need focus-type mods from his crew, since he can't get Debris Gambit?).  I can never get Trick Shot to work on anything, so it just wastes points in my lists.  Fearless is really limited about the times when it can be used.  I guess L3-37 could be handy, but is she worth giving up bid?  Perceptive Copilot is similar in that it'd probably be useful, but obliterates any chance of a bid.

Slave 1 is really cheap, though.  Maybe just title on Boba.

Come wave 5, Maul, BT, 000, and Dengar will presumably be HS legal, given their inclusions in that wave's expansions. Take it with a block of salt though, as ADV. torps aren't. What's so bad about Rhymer's ability or Kylo economically filling both munition slots?

24 minutes ago, player3010587 said:

Should we start a format of the game with gate of storms expected damage checks (rounded to nearest 1% hp) instead of dice? Just rolled 9 blanks on the first 11 greens (that isn't a coincidence)!

Has to come with the Krayt bounty for least health left on a points fortress

"oh look my Vader has 1% of a hitpoint left...." 

31 minutes ago, player3010587 said:

Should we start a format of the game with gate of storms expected damage checks (rounded to nearest 1% hp) instead of dice? Just rolled 9 blanks on the first 11 greens (that isn't a coincidence)!

I literally had the worst dice I ever have seen on Saturday at Campaign against Cancer. I well and truly lost because of it.

I rolled 2 evades, and 10 paint total, in my first 40 evade dice of the second round. This a round after I rolled 6 evades all game.

It was literally 1 in 5 million odds. I was ready to get the blowtorch out!

It was real rough to keep from being all salty about things after starting 0-2 despite good play simply due to dice giving me the finger.

Then my next two rounds I won 200-22 and 200-0 in about 30 minutes each. Figures.

24 minutes ago, millertime059 said:

I literally had the worst dice I ever have seen on Saturday at Campaign against Cancer. I well and truly lost because of it.

I rolled 2 evades, and 10 paint total, in my first 40 evade dice of the second round. This a round after I rolled 6 evades all game.

It was real rough to keep from being all salty about things after starting 0-2 despite good play simply due to dice giving me the finger.

Then my next two rounds I won 200-22 and 200-0 in about 30 minutes each. Figures.

Neat.

2 hours ago, millertime059 said:

Whoa. ****. Now I know not to complain about those tourneys where I get 1/3 the greens as paint on every roll that matters.

On 5/22/2019 at 8:19 AM, jagsba said:

DIAL GANG for lyfe

This is your fault

[Chorus]

Dial gang, Dial gang, Dial gang, Dial gang (Dial gang)

Dial gang, Dial gang, Dial gang (Dial gang)

Spend twenty on a new Ship (Yuh)

Dial only has a right sloop, ooh (Ooh)

I Fly a ship, I Know its Maneuvers (Brr, yuh)

I can't buy a unique, no names here (Ooh)

Rather go and buy Strikers(Brr)

Dial gang, Dial gang, Dial gang, Dial gang (Dial gang)

Spend thirty points on a Generic(Huh?)

When its shooting it’s a Crack (shot)

I Cancel a Die, No Evade now, yuh (Yuh, yuh)

I can't buy no words no synergy, ooh (Nope)

Rather go get a space cow, ayy (Brr)

[Verse]

My ship cost more than half yours, ooh (It do)

Your not gonna regen that, yuh (Brr)

Still Losin’ game in the mines, huh? (Yeah)

Me and my Strikers win games, ooh (Huh?)

None of this dial be new to me (Nope)

Beating your Jedi, call it Order 66 (Yuh)

Added some red strips, outrun an X(Huh?)

Crack your Evade, Crack to kill a B (Crack it!)

Fool, your ships move like a lazy sloth (sloths)

I'd rather fly a brick than that filthy fluff (Yuh)

They beat me with that silly synergy (Brr)

Now no synergy, just simplicity(Yuh)

Everybody scream, "go Generics" (Go Them)

Generics still Overcosted now (Yuh)

Thirty-Eight on a nameless scout (Brr)

Points should go down, Lower the Prices (Lower!)

[Chorus]

Posted (edited)

15/64 players from the NC hyperspace trial are missing, including Ben Keller. Shame!

e: 24/55 players from the Michigan HST are also missing. Shame!

e2: and unfortunately, the Mothership Texas HST is missing two of the top8. Maybe someone can help?

e3: or the full list of trials that I have to exclude at the moment

• Vancouver 4.5.19 (22/44)
  • Queensland 4.5.19 (16/20)
  • Quebec 11.5.19 (no complete cut, 17/29 lists)
  • Michigan 11.5.19 (31/55 lists)
  • Norfolk 11.5.19 (10/42 lists)
  • Occitaine 11.5.19 (20/22 lists, but something weird with the placements!)
  • Mothership Texas (incomplete top8)
  • Gnmoicon Szcyrk 18.5.19 (14/31)
  • Game Goblins 18.5.19 (12/19)
Edited by GreenDragoon

12 hours ago, millertime059 said:

Don’t roll green dice? Either take a ton of HP or arc dodge. 

37 minutes ago, GreenDragoon said:

15/64 players from the NC hyperspace trial are missing, including Ben Keller. Shame!

Larger question, why isn't Listfortress hard coded to enter quad phantoms when it sees Ben's name?

The best Republic list requires buying one Guardians of the Republic box and one Delta expansion. New player grade: A

The best CIS list requires buying two Infiltrators. New player grade: A, possible disqualification for being as unthematic as possible.

The best Rebel list requires (in a month) a 2.0 B-Wing, and Saw's Renegades, over the core set X-Wing; plus a conversion kit solely for pilots and Leia. Grade: C

The best Imperial list is either the core set TIEs plus 4 TIE Fighter expansions, or an Advanced, a 1.0 Interceptor, two 1.0 bombers, and a conversion kit. Grade: B / D

The best Scum list is, uh... Four Fangs? Maybe? I dunno. Grade: B probably, unless it needs a Starviper.

The best Resistance list requires either two T-70s and two RZ-2s, or just 5 RZ-2s. Grade: B

The best First Order list requires (in a month) a 2.0 Silencer, a 2.0 /SF, a 1.0 Upsilon, and a conversion kit. Grade: C

Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, millertime059 said:

I think a new double Decimator list is calling for you.....

Edited by clanofwolves

49 minutes ago, svelok said:

The best Republic list requires buying one Guardians of the Republic box and one Delta expansion. New player grade: A

It's also great because it won't go anywhere in the foreseeable future. These ships will surely stay in Hyperspace and the list isn't in danger of nerfs. 

If you pick it up now, you can expect to do with it well even few months from now. Who know what's coming for some of the other factions' best lists.