Carolina Krayts is the best X-Wing podcast

40 minutes ago, svelok said:

the june 6th release date has been removed from the articles 😥

wait, really?

The-letter-the-alphabet-22187359-2560-25

30 minutes ago, Makaze said:

Over/under -

The next GoT book will release before the next Krayt episode

there are no GoT books.  Also, are you headed to gencon?

26 minutes ago, Wiredin said:

how will I know what Anime's to watch, what the current waifu is, what the best switch games are? and more importantly who's going to keep reminding me to not blame my dice and play lists that require enough intelligence to breathe through my nose?

you should still be playing final fantasy 12 unless you haven't slept!

8 minutes ago, Makaze said:

I am indeed. Attempting to get some semi-NSFW Age of War dice cut in time but we'll see if I succeed or not

aww yeah

also, why go semi when you can go full?

2 minutes ago, Hiemfire said:

There are many. :)

Those are Clash of Kings books or Storm of Swords books or Feast for Crows books or Dance with Dragons books or (theoretically, in some possible futures) Winds of Winter books or Dream of Spring books.

45 minutes ago, skotothalamos said:

(theoretically, in some possible futures) Winds of Winter books or Dream of Spring books.

Oh, they're coming -- the only question is whether GRRM finishes them or the publisher finds a way to get someone to finish them for him if, Heaven forbid, he passes away before he can complete them. They're not passing on that much money.

I don't think Martin will ever manage to end the saga on his own, we'll get winds of winter eventually but I doubt we'll see more books considering he stated he wants to end with two and he has just confirmed he ain't writing a dream of spring alongside twow. 

I obviously have no idea on his contracts, but Martin said many times he won't allow other writers end the saga for him

9 hours ago, DR4CO said:

Oh, they're coming -- the only question is whether GRRM finishes them or the publisher finds a way to get someone to finish them for him if, Heaven forbid, he passes away before he can complete them. They're not passing on that much money.

It’s been 8 years since the last one. I’m fully unconvinced that he even wants to finish them. It’s not like he hasn’t published anything since 2011. 

1 hour ago, PaulRuddSays said:

It’s been 8 years since the last one. I’m fully unconvinced that he even wants to finish them. It’s not like he hasn’t published anything since 2011. 

I agree. I think he's checked out.  Although a guy at work who's all into the news and rumor sites is convinced that the whole series is done, and that the publisher and Martin were paid off by HBO to hold off until the tv series was done. 

1 hour ago, PaulRuddSays said:

I remember I had just started reading the series before the HBO show was announced.  I remember A Dance with Dragons coming out after the show had started.  It doesn't seem that long ago, while also feeling like a lifetime.  For one of my sons, it practically has been a lifetime.

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, gennataos said:

I remember I had just started reading the series before the HBO show was announced.  I remember A Dance with Dragons coming out after the show had started.  It doesn't seem that long ago, while also feeling like a lifetime.  For one of my sons, it practically has been a lifetime.

Lol, I picked up the first few from a used bookstore in 2001 while in college.  Ive seen 2 released in the 18 years following.  Either the story stops here as, "I ate the whole Pizza", GRRM has checked out (or will) or as others have theorized (and my wife likes to joke) the 'remake' of the HBO final couple of seasons will be released in book from in the next few years as they are already (or mostly) done.

Edited by Cr0aker

18 minutes ago, gennataos said:

For me it has been a lifetime: I started reading it in the 2001, when I was 10... I had to wait first for A Storm of Swords translation and then the increasingly longer years for Feast and Dance. I think I learnt english to at least save time on the translation...

BTW back on Xwing to not fall into offtopic again: after months, we finally played extended at our local game night!

Some early take on the format: it has way more degenarate combo, but it's overall way fairer than Hyperspace since the meta gatekeeper, 4 phantoms, lose pretty easily against their counters which it's something I can't say it's happening to rebel beef in HS

22 minutes ago, Sunitsa said:

Some early take on the format: it has way more degenarate combo, but it's overall way fairer than Hyperspace since the meta gatekeeper, 4 phantoms, lose pretty easily against their counters which it's something I can't say it's happening to rebel beef in HS

What is the phantom counter?  And how is that an easy win?

Also - Hyperspace -Tie swarms eat beef.  It's what's for dinner.  

Victor Hugo was notoriously procrastinating for the classic Notre Dame Au Paris. He actually locked himself naked in a cold room to force himself to write. Martin is similarly resorting to strange means of overcoming burnout: if he doesn't finish Winds of Winter soon (I forgot when), New Zealand can arrest him.

7 minutes ago, viedit said:

What is the phantom counter?  And how is that an easy win?

As I said I've still early in personal testing and most of what will follow is only partially from my own testing and mostly it's based on what a teammate of mine told me after bringing 4 phantoms in the top in the UK , but Old Para's Ketsu, Talon and Teroch eats 4 phantoms for breakfast, the Vynder build has a good matchup and Hera/Wedge/norra too

7 minutes ago, viedit said:

Also - Hyperspace -Tie swarms eat beef.  It's what's for dinner.  

While I agree that TIE swarms has probably the best matchup against rebel beef in HS, it's far from being a completly lopsided fight and it's far more open than Ketsu/Talon/Teroch vs phantom for example.

As I said, take the comparison with a grain of salt: I've very limited extended experience so far (but again, TIE swarm it's not an hard counter to rebel beef. It's probably as bad as a matchup can go for rebel beef in HS but we aren't at Nym Miranda vs Ghost Fenn level of counter, it's not even close)

Does Boba Fett even need upgrades?

As I'm looking at him for a Hyperspace list, there aren't the free-action-economy crew like Maul or 0-0-0, and Marauder/Han is just too expensive (and does he even need focus-type mods from his crew, since he can't get Debris Gambit?).  I can never get Trick Shot to work on anything, so it just wastes points in my lists.  Fearless is really limited about the times when it can be used.  I guess L3-37 could be handy, but is she worth giving up bid?  Perceptive Copilot is similar in that it'd probably be useful, but obliterates any chance of a bid.

Slave 1 is really cheap, though.  Maybe just title on Boba.

9 minutes ago, theBitterFig said:

Slave 1 is really cheap, though.  Maybe just title on Boba.

If I'm going cheap as chips, I'll take Slave 1 over nothing all day, every day. Makes lots of things miserable if you're moving after them.

51 minutes ago, pheaver said:

I'd never go without Slave I on Boba at this point.  Qi'ra is also a good value, and opens up your Slave I choices considerably.

I was starting to think "Doesn't Qi'ra take a lot of set-up?" but not necessarily.  Most center-of-the-board obstacles should be at R3 by the time you'll have your first action.  Probably the kind of thing that needs to get felt-out on table, rather than something you can just think about.