SaltMaster 5000

Carolina Krayts is the best X-Wing podcast

https://meta.listfortress.com/ship_combos?ranking_start=2019-03-20&ranking_end=2019-05-21&large_tournament_multiplier=true&widespread_use_multiplier=true&use_ranking_data=all&tournament_type=3&format_id=34&

I'm not listing them out this time, other than maybes:

2UpsKylo: 1.7%

bulbasaur + 6 vultures: 1.6%

ocho vulture: .4%

infil 5vulture: .9%

Definitely Beef: 23.7%

Including Medium Rare: 28.3%

Slightly higher, still about 2.5 in 9 games.

I just want to say-

I hate words so god **** much. Especially passive Words to fly versus, and Range 1 Words to fly with.

They decrease the importance of dials and positioning and the more viable Words are,

Look at CIS, i know i've said it before- CIS have the strongest theme focus of all the factions: They are mostly incapable of playing High-Init Wordswing. Naturally, every thematic CIS list sucks major donkey **** and the best lists are some mishmashed 2 Ship Passive Mods Billion Upgrades Words Salad.

FFG needs to buff the generics/nerf Words, and buff Low-I Low Health ships without Words. Look at the plight of the Vulture or Striker to see why.

Thanks for coming to my ted talk.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Kaptin Krunch said:

FFG needs to buff the generics/nerf Words, and buff Low-I Low Health ships without Words. Look at the plight of the Vulture or Striker to see why.

"Adaptive Ailerons: Before you reveal your dial, if you are not stressed, you must execute a white [1 left bank], [1 straight], or [1 right bank] maneuver."

"Networked Calculations: While you defend or perform an attack, you may spend 1 calculate token from a friendly ship at range 0-1 to change 1 Focus  result to an Evade or Hit result."

🤔

Edited by Do I need a Username

Also the I1 Striker is a fun and effective blocker.

Perhaps overcosted because of the initiative kill issue on a ship as squishy as this is, but 2-3 as brawling blockers has been quite effective for me.

Inconsistent though, high I torps and poor variance are their enemies. They are certainly more prone to the dice giving you the finger than, say, a Bomber or a Y-wing. Honestly the only reason you don’t see more is because of said inconsistency making them a poor choice for reliable tournament play, and their odd movement style intimidating players (especially en masse)

43 minutes ago, Do I need a Username said:

"Adaptive Ailerons: Before you reveal your dial, if you are not stressed, you must execute a white [1 left bank], [1 straight], or [1 right bank] maneuver."

"Networked Calculations: While you defend or perform an attack, you may spend 1 calculate token from a friendly ship at range 0-1 to change 1 Focus  result to an Evade or Hit result."

🤔

Six Crack Strikers (Fun fact, this list isn't even that good and could fit without affecting the meta majorly, but costs 234 points)- contains 33 unique words. 

Nathan's Adepticon Squad- contains 109 unique words. 

Thinking_8d87e0_6355017.jpg

41 minutes ago, Kaptin Krunch said:

Six Crack Strikers (Fun fact, this list isn't even that good and could fit without affecting the meta majorly, but costs 234 points)- contains 33 unique words. 

Nathan's Adepticon Squad- contains 109 unique words. 

Thinking_8d87e0_6355017.jpg

Okay, according to the words metric what should Vultures with ESC and grappling struts cost?  Are all words equal?

Posted (edited)
49 minutes ago, Do I need a Username said:

Okay, according to the words metric what should Vultures with ESC and grappling struts cost?  Are all words equal?

i want GRappling struts to be bad, so idk. Before it was revealed that they were the first non-free config, i feared CIS were going to become 1.0 Scum 2.0 and said it was bad design. 

Fun fact, 8 ESC vultures has even fewer unique words somehow- 23. 

Edit- Actually, 26, i forgot about the reload clause. 

Edited by Kaptin Krunch

6 hours ago, Micanthropyre said:

I dunno, I think the few people who actually think we all want Rebel Beef to die are purposefully being melodramatic to hopefully counter the idea that FFG reads this place and goes "well time to murder another archetype so the plebs stop moaning"

But really nobody wants rebel beef to go away completely, we just want it shoved back down to 15% of the meta instead of 40%. Taking a little off the top, be it Leia, HP, or initiative (and hopefully as a list builder you get to choose which of those things gets sacrificed) will allow some lists to have a good matchup against it (and again, if you get to choose where you take that off the top you can make meaningful meta decisions) and leave it as a very solid choice to take to a tournament.

Honestly, Rebel Beef is so close to being exactly what I want out of X-wing: A mostly modular list where you pick 4 pilots out of 20, and the way you fly it and what it is good and weak against is affected by those list building decisions. Its just a tad too good.

I would 100% be okay with raising the power level of the other factions to meet Rebel Beef if that wasn't 100x more work than just slightly nerfing the one faction.

I'd agree with this.  There isn't anything fundamentally wrong with Rebel Beef that a few tweaked points can't fix.  Likewise, I think it'd be best for those point tweaks to go into most of the pieces, so that there isn't just one card that gets cut, but players have to make a few tougher choices.

3 hours ago, Kaptin Krunch said:

i want GRappling struts to be bad, so idk. Before it was revealed that they were the first non-free config, i feared CIS were going to become 1.0 Scum 2.0 and said it was bad design. 

Fun fact, 8 ESC vultures has even fewer unique words somehow- 23. 

Edit- Actually, 26, i forgot about the reload clause. 

Yeah, I think 8ESC is extremely fair, and maybe too high (probably, but I don't have enough experience around it to say for sure)

What I'm trying to get at is that "words" is a bad metric to use.  I get its mostly a bit, but for the purposes of discussion I'd rather use terms that are more precise.  For example, I'd look at (In the broadest possible terms)  Maneuverability, Offense, and Defense.  Balanced ships either sit at the center of all three (say the X-wing or TIE fighter, the naked generics of both are pretty fair)  Some ships trade offense for maneuverability and defense (say, the V1)  Some trade defense for maneuverability and Offense (Striker, in very basic terms).  The problem comes when a list breaks that [again oversimplified] triangle in some way.  Rebel Beef is too good at all three, and over balanced (In terms of not really having a defensive, offensive, or maneuverability issue)  Same with Quad Phantom.  Inert Han breaks the Defense and Maneuverability sides hard enough that the offensive side doesn't matter.  All three of them are pretty broken, but its not the words that break them.  It's the words causing them to break the triangle, which can be done with various levels of words.  On the other hand, lots of words can be fair too, just like small amounts of words.

Basically, I'd like to see more of the discussion framed around what the words are doing rather than just that the words are there.

9 hours ago, Do I need a Username said:

Yeah, I think 8ESC is extremely fair, and maybe too high (probably, but I don't have enough experience around it to say for sure)

What I'm trying to get at is that "words" is a bad metric to use.  I get its mostly a bit, but for the purposes of discussion I'd rather use terms that are more precise.  For example, I'd look at (In the broadest possible terms)  Maneuverability, Offense, and Defense.  Balanced ships either sit at the center of all three (say the X-wing or TIE fighter, the naked generics of both are pretty fair)  Some ships trade offense for maneuverability and defense (say, the V1)  Some trade defense for maneuverability and Offense (Striker, in very basic terms).  The problem comes when a list breaks that [again oversimplified] triangle in some way.  Rebel Beef is too good at all three, and over balanced (In terms of not really having a defensive, offensive, or maneuverability issue)  Same with Quad Phantom.  Inert Han breaks the Defense and Maneuverability sides hard enough that the offensive side doesn't matter.  All three of them are pretty broken, but its not the words that break them.  It's the words causing them to break the triangle, which can be done with various levels of words.  On the other hand, lots of words can be fair too, just like small amounts of words.

Basically, I'd like to see more of the discussion framed around what the words are doing rather than just that the words are there.

Thats a lot of text I don't want to read. 

Words bad. Generics good.

DIAL GANG for lyfe

Posted (edited)
22 hours ago, svelok said:

If we had 3 month metas instead of 6 month metas, getting that right is much less important.

Wave I to Wave II: 3 months

Wave II to January Points: 6 weeks

January Points to Upsilon nerf: 4 weeks

Upsilon nerf to Wave III and new Hyperspace list: 3 weeks

then til now: 2 months

y'all some impatient mofos

Edited by skotothalamos

21 hours ago, Brunas said:

https://meta.listfortress.com/ship_combos?ranking_start=2019-03-20&ranking_end=2019-05-21&large_tournament_multiplier=true&widespread_use_multiplier=true&use_ranking_data=all&tournament_type=3&format_id=34&

I'm not listing them out this time, other than maybes:

2UpsKylo: 1.7%

bulbasaur + 6 vultures: 1.6%

ocho vulture: .4%

infil 5vulture: .9%

Definitely Beef: 23.7%

Including Medium Rare: 28.3%

Slightly higher, still about 2.5 in 9 games.

No, I need you to read me those numbers.

how will I know what Anime's to watch, what the current waifu is, what the best switch games are? and more importantly who's going to keep reminding me to not blame my dice and play lists that require enough intelligence to breathe through my nose?