SaltMaster 5000

Carolina Krayts is the best X-Wing podcast

4 hours ago, Ablazoned said:

Doctor: you've been in this coma since March 19.

Us: o boi I sure am excited to listen to five episodes of the best XWing podcast, especially now that the release of Clone Wars ships provides for immense fodder both for real content and memes!

36 minutes ago, GreenDragoon said:

There will be monthly, weekly, or even daily if not hourly videos instead. Right, @Brunas? Right???

I'm in Utah until this weekend, when I get back we should be starting back up. Meant to put out a "we're not dead" thing last week, but apparently I was dead.

3 minutes ago, Brunas said:

I'm in Utah until this weekend, when I get back we should be starting back up. Meant to put out a "we're not dead" thing last week, but apparently I was dead.

We had the twitch video of 2 games of "You can't lose with this Fat Han" losing twice to Rebel swarm. It was good content.

35 minutes ago, Brunas said:

You literally owe us less than nothing.  But I do look forward to you guys coming back!

Posted (edited)
57 minutes ago, Brunas said:

I would like to start a conspiracy theory that you actually are dead from an overdose of prequel memes. The “return” podcast will be hosted by a CIA pod person Chris... 

The only way to disprove this would be to start with a 15 minute duel of the Krayts loop followed by 3 hours of whatever the newest Switch game is and 15 minutes of accidental content somewhere around hour 2. No one can replicate a classic Kraytcast except a real Krayt. 

Content is the enemy, memes for life.

FITE ME!! (??)

Edited by PaulRuddSays
Unlike Ablazoned, I reason that you owe us exactly nothing, but I’ll always accept 15 minutes of Duel of the Krayts.

52 minutes ago, Darth Seridur said:

We had the twitch video of 2 games of "You can't lose with this Fat Han" losing twice to Rebel swarm. It was good content.

In both cases it was because Bunn misjudged when would be a good time to boost. So Han player messed up, not-Han player punished the mess up. Doesn't break from the Han player holding the deck until they misplay.

32 minutes ago, Hiemfire said:

In both cases it was because Bunn misjudged when would be a good time to boost. So Han player messed up, not-Han player punished the mess up. Doesn't break from the Han player holding the deck until they misplay.

Completely agree. And pretty sure the commentator/s were saying he should boost at the time.  

But i found it illuminating as to the type of situation that Han can die from. So i can now better recognise when those are about to occur. Which is important as you have to know when a punishable situation is coming up.

Jake Farrell (36)    
Ship total: 36  Half Points: 18  Threshold: 2    

Lothal Rebel (68)    
    Leia Organa (2)    

Ship total: 70  Half Points: 35  Threshold: 7    

Braylen Stramm (47)    
Ship total: 47  Half Points: 24  Threshold: 4    

Garven Dreis (X-Wing) (47)    
    Servomotor S-Foils (0)    

Ship total: 47  Half Points: 24  Threshold: 3    

Total: 200    

View in Yet Another Squad Builder 2.0: https://raithos.github.io/?f=Rebel Alliance&d=v6!s=200!50:,,:;64:,,,46,,,,:;73:,,,,,:;6:,,,,142:&sn=New Squadron&obs=

Hmmm....that's pretty hurty and focus'y.

1 hour ago, Kieransi said:

I'm glad everyone is talking about spooky bois now

image0.jpg

Finally got around to flying this absolute unit, and I have to say it's a blast. 

You were so preoccupied if you could, you never even stopped to considered if you should.

And you should have posted more pics! :P

Posted (edited)

The recent goldsquadronpodcast episode is... interesting. Has anyone listened to it yet?

What they say is not wrong and interesting in its own right. But this episode made future conversations about NPEs more confusing and muddied the waters. (Edit: the episode has 'negative experiences' in the title, not NPE. But 'negatice play experience' is mentioned at 36:19 for the first time)

I wonder whether it's intentional, but they redefine NPE to situations like intentional cheating, unintentional mistakes, boardstate disputes, streaming&cyber bullying, the "fly casual" mantra, handling bad dice or wrong decisions, being rude to your opponents, body language and odor, playing against women and children (minorities), playing against people not knowing the rules.
The reason I presume intent is because they got called out quite a bit about their discussion of "the NPE Fat Han". Redefining NPE after the fact weakens that criticism.

But NPE in the context of X-wing has a clearly understood, different meaning: frustrating or boring an opponent because of your actions and components within the boundaries of the game design. And more specifically, one of the most common if not the main or only cause of NPEs is the removal of agency from your opponent. Smell, temper, attitude or cheating are outside of the game itself and sure as heck have nothing to do with what is meant by NPE.

It is so far besides the point that I feel uncomfortable even pointing it out.

edit: I try to stay polite, but I'm upset because they have so much influence. Them being wrong is worse than me being wrong, for example.

Edited by GreenDragoon

Negative player interaction is definitely a real thing.  But that's not really what most of us have been discussing.

In 1.0 you could have had the most polite, professional, pleasant smelling and well humored opponent but if they were playing trajectory sim genius Nym before it got the quick nerf of death that's still a negative play experience.  Don't really want to conflate those two.