SaltMaster 5000

Carolina Krayts is the best X-Wing podcast

55 minutes ago, skotothalamos said:

Chewbacca-Lowhhrick is pretty ridiculous for all the expected reasons. 

I've heard the chewie is crazy. Like a stupid number of points in a real game. 

Haven't played quick build, but bb8 Rey seems like a thing that'd be a problem?

1 hour ago, powersink said:

four upsilons

This is your answer. This is the worst possible thing.

Not nessecarially because it is too good, but because it is too much freaking health. And red dice.

Id rather sand my eye lids then wash my face with vinegar.

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, catachanninja said:

Wait what?

There's one of each falcon build that is just whoever was in the ship at that time in the movie, points and slots be damned

So, you've got "Escape from the Death Star" Chewie with Leia, Luke, Han, R2-D2, and C-3PO

and "Battle of Yavin" Han with just Chewie and Lone Wolf. 

and "Battle of Endor" Lando with Nien and Concussion Missiles

and "Why does everyone want to go back to Jakku?" Rey with Finn and BB-8

and "Let's go find Luke" Chewie with Rey

Edited by skotothalamos

1 minute ago, catachanninja said:

So the early feedback im getting is i probably shouldn't do 8 quickbuild pointd, but there's a ton of bonkers stuff that will probably all balance itself out

6 is ok, just ban Ooops shuttles.

Posted (edited)

Assuming you're playing quick builds to 8 threat, Scum seems to have some pretty good value options in terms of actually having useful upgrades on ships that push them over the 25/50/75 etc point targets for each threat level:

Dengar (3 threat / 93! points) - Expert Handling, Proton Torpedoes, R4 Astromech, Contraband Cybernetics, Punishing One
+
Guri (3 threat / 83 points)  - Daredevil, Advanced Sensors, Adv Proton Torpedoes
+
Old Teroch (2 threat / 56 points)

clocks in at 231 points and the (illegal) R4 Astromech on Dengar does a lot to help to bring him back to life

Edited by Transmogrifier

10 minutes ago, Transmogrifier said:

Assuming you're playing quick builds to 8 threat, Scum seems to have some pretty good value options in terms of actually having useful upgrades on ships that push them over the 25/50/75 etc point targets for each threat level:

Dengar (3 threat / 93! points) - Expert Handling, Proton Torpedoes, R4 Astromech, Contraband Cybernetics, Punishing One
+
Guri (3 threat / 83 points)  - Daredevil, Advanced Sensors, Adv Proton Torpedoes
+
Old Teroch (2 threat / 56 points)

clocks in at 231 points and the (illegal) R4 Astromech on Dengar does a lot to help to bring him back to life

Yeah that Dengar is basically "Remember the old days" Quick Build card. 4LOM also has a solid QB card for 3 pts. 

On 4/17/2019 at 7:14 AM, catachanninja said:

So the early feedback im getting is i probably shouldn't do 8 quickbuild pointd, but there's a ton of bonkers stuff that will probably all balance itself out

One recurring problem I keep having is that quickbuild is not well set up for tournament-style play. It’s fine when you keep playing until everything's dead, but rounding up half of 3 points is pretty rough, and where even is half points on a falcon+escape craft combo unit? (Or brobots, or a ghost+Phantom, or double interceptor)

32 minutes ago, skotothalamos said:

One recurring problem I keep having is that quickbuild is not well set up for tournament-style play. It’s fine when you keep playing until everything's dead, but rounding up half of 3 points is pretty rough, and where even is half points on a falcon+escape craft combo unit? (Or brobots, or a ghost+Phantom, or double interceptor)

Could you score it like a 200 point game, where the equivalent of one threat is 25? Gets kinda jumpy in MOV, but is it less 'feels bad' than rounding up in threat markers?

58 minutes ago, skotothalamos said:

what happens if you just final salvo any threat-destroyed ties, and ignore half points?

4 hours ago, LagJanson said:

Could you score it like a 200 point game, where the equivalent of one threat is 25? Gets kinda jumpy in MOV, but is it less 'feels bad' than rounding up in threat markers?

Sure.

Let's bring that Hera+Ezra 6 threat (150 points!) card.

End of game, Hera is at 4 health and Ezra has launched and is at full. 

How many points has my opponent scored?