SaltMaster 5000

Carolina Krayts is the best X-Wing podcast

1 minute ago, Wiredin said:

possibly.... selfless named B-beef, that I was flying, loves munitions. Edmonton is a very heavy munition meta. The common thing here is "if you do not have torps you are wrong" so I tech'd against it. Both CIS lists I flew against had energy shells and torps. so shrugged them off with ease. Also, Schimitars really hate knife fighting with Bwings in the rocks lol 

What about energy shells is fun for a selfless B?  There’s absolutely no reason that they have to make one die a crit if they don’t want to.

10 minutes ago, RStan said:

Vultures enjoy eating up words with beef. It's one of their most favorite meals of the day. Casualty is normally one sad dead vulture and one wounded, but that first feast of the 4 is yummy. Only leaves 3 for the pack to continue to feed.  

My experience has been that you lose two vultures, or at least two energy shells only if you get lucky.  A quick damage calc says I've been only slightly unlucky.  ST Wedge Ten Braylenn Cassian expects to kill two about 45% of the time before the I3 window opens.

I also find Vader sometimes tough with Vultures.

8 minutes ago, Ablazoned said:

My experience has been that you lose two vultures, or at least two energy shells only if you get lucky.  A quick damage calc says I've been only slightly unlucky.  ST Wedge Ten Braylenn Cassian expects to kill two about 45% of the time before the I3 window opens.

I also find Vader sometimes tough with Vultures.

Is that factoring in the engagement being at range 3 for the additional green dice for the Vultures? That's their obviously ideal engagement maximizing the ESC usage both offensively and defensively. Granted I know it doesn't always happen, but people who end up engaging with most of their Vultures at range 2 messed up already. 

25 minutes ago, Boom Owl said:

Its amazing how much higher HP counts take stress out of engagements. 

Lets you basically actually attack stuff. 

I think its probably one of the reasons I have been enjoying FO so much. 

Weird.

One of the biggest surprises to me in 2e is that the TIE/sf is without the gunner is pretty good.  No one but QD really needs gunner--it can be nice, but no one else *NEEDS* it.

4 minutes ago, theBitterFig said:

One of the biggest surprises to me in 2e is that the TIE/sf is without the gunner is pretty good.  No one but QD really needs gunner--it can be nice, but no one else *NEEDS* it.

If Rz2's weren't so cheap and zippy you'd see a lot more Fantatical Experts on the table.

8 minutes ago, RStan said:

Is that factoring in the engagement being at range 3 for the additional green dice for the Vultures? That's their obviously ideal engagement maximizing the ESC usage both offensively and defensively. Granted I know it doesn't always happen, but people who end up engaging with most of their Vultures at range 2 messed up already. 

It's assuming range 2.  I've found on either end of that engagement that vultures forcing range 3 is far from assured, though.

9 minutes ago, theBitterFig said:

Backdraft is a pretty good 41 pts. Probably one of FO's best filler ships in at their disposal. 

18 minutes ago, RStan said:

Backdraft is a pretty good 41 pts. Probably one of FO's best filler ships in at their disposal. 

FO has alot of ships that are on the verge of greatness as filler. Such a great faction. 

Kylo Ren — TIE/vn Silencer 76
Proton Torpedoes 12
Ship Total: 88
Half Points: 44 Threshold: 3

“Scorch” — TIE/FO Fighter 35
Ship Total: 35
Half Points: 18 Threshold: 2

“Backdraft” — TIE/SF Fighter 41
Fanatical 2
Ship Total: 43
Half Points: 22 Threshold: 3

“Longshot” — TIE/FO Fighter 33
Ship Total: 33
Half Points: 17 Threshold: 2

Just now, SpiderMana said:

Don't think I've seen anyone mention, the FFG panel from Celebration confirmed the new bombs tokens are those EMPs from the Zillo beasts episodes of TCW.

It hasn't been explicitly mentioned, but I think that most of the community believed it was widely known to not need extra mentioning. Either way, good for the wider audience to know. 

4 minutes ago, Boom Owl said:

FO has alot of ships that are on the verge of greatness as filler. Such a great faction. 

Kylo Ren — TIE/vn Silencer 76
Proton Torpedoes 12
Ship Total: 88
Half Points: 44 Threshold: 3

“Scorch” — TIE/FO Fighter 35
Ship Total: 35
Half Points: 18 Threshold: 2

“Backdraft” — TIE/SF Fighter 41
Fanatical 2
Ship Total: 43
Half Points: 22 Threshold: 3

“Longshot” — TIE/FO Fighter 33
Ship Total: 33
Half Points: 17 Threshold: 2

Think putting Fanatical on all the ships (minus Kylo) and put Adv Optics on Kylo? Either keep 5 pt bid or put Hate on Kylo? 

10 minutes ago, RStan said:

Think putting Fanatical on all the ships (minus Kylo) and put Adv Optics on Kylo? Either keep 5 pt bid or put Hate on Kylo? 

Yea for sure iv run those variations before. I think most of the time the FO filler feels like it wants Fanatical but cant take Fanatical. Which is good probably means the pts are correct. 

15 minutes ago, RStan said:

It hasn't been explicitly mentioned, but I think that most of the community believed it was widely known to not need extra mentioning. Either way, good for the wider audience to know. 

I mean yeah I saw people assuming it was those when we got the first Hyena pictures 😜 But still nice to know for sure.

1 hour ago, SpiderMana said:

What about energy shells is fun for a selfless B?  There’s absolutely no reason that they have to make one die a crit if they don’t want to.

but they do because they are used to doing it. :)

1 hour ago, Wiredin said:

but they do because they are used to doing it. :)

You should never depend on your opponent making blatant errors. And encountering selfless and hoping to not roll crits is not a new sensation. I've declined 5th bro's standard effect to deny damage spread. Heck, I even declined Rexler's ability when facing Grievous with Impervium Plating.

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, Do I need a Username said:

These two don't interact, unless you are super worried about Hull Breach.

Oops! Guess I was interpreting the ability wrong. But then again, maybe it's best to just skip fighting the ****** who forces you to explain every ******* turn how Pattern Analyzer works off clouds, I'll Show you the darkside goes through shields, them losing a shield from an attack turns off stealth device, that Blackout's ability is a net loss of 1 agility because rocks don't give 2 green dice aforehand, failing a red action gives you a stress and shuts of composure, etc. I mean, I'll explain nicely, but if the opponent is salty and just a pain, sometimes you're like "**** this ****, I'm not giving him more stuff to complain about. I'll just outfly his degenerate netlisting."

Edited by player3010587

I believe first order is probably the second best faction after tier 1 rebels. 

QD, Kylo, backdraft, Scorch, upsilon and maybe tavson all range between good and great, at least in hyperspace. 

I also strongly believe that if your meta doesn't involve at least one good player with wedge, leia and 2 Bs you are playing in an outlying totally wholesome meta

Just now, catachanninja said:

So I'm thinking im gonna run quickbuild leage for my flgs, is there anything degenerate i should be aware of or can easily avoid with point levels?

Think I’ll find out in a month with a QB tournament...

5 minutes ago, catachanninja said:

So I'm thinking im gonna run quickbuild leage for my flgs, is there anything degenerate i should be aware of or can easily avoid with point levels?

Iden Versio quickbuild is insane if I remember correctly.

11 minutes ago, catachanninja said:

Chewbacca-Lowhhrick is pretty ridiculous for all the expected reasons.