SaltMaster 5000

Carolina Krayts is the best X-Wing podcast

3 minutes ago, AlexW said:

Has Luke ever had anyone concerned?   The basic difference there is the dial, and maybe that's enough of one, but I think we're kind of seeing things swing back and forth from the original "not sure they are worth it" (including me) to now people being concerned they are too good.   

They do seem like they would give Resistance A-wings trouble because you need to keep the pressure on them to limit their force regeneration, but that's hard to with a ship that wants to make use of a rear arc against another fast ship that can just zoom out of range.   Not to mention, token stacking has also always given two attack dice ships issues.

Luke *can* be concerning. If he just rolls slightly above average he can feel like a God. 

6 minutes ago, AlexW said:

Has Luke ever had anyone concerned?   The basic difference there is the dial, and maybe that's enough of one, but I think we're kind of seeing things swing back and forth from the original "not sure they are worth it" (including me) to now people being concerned they are too good.   

They do seem like they would give Resistance A-wings trouble because you need to keep the pressure on them to limit their force regeneration, but that's hard to with a ship that wants to make use of a rear arc against another fast ship that can just zoom out of range.   Not to mention, token stacking has also always given two attack dice ships issues.

yeah, the As have difficulties with all force users, not just the Republic ones. If you think a 7B jedi is bad, hate vader is a PAIN to kill with 2 die shots.

7 minutes ago, AlexW said:

Yes, I think? You need 3+ hits to punch damage through, so he was always a good points fortress. And he's on just 2 force, too, but cheaper.

Anyway, I'm doing the only reasonable thing, I'll play the list myself. Either I realize it's not as good - or it's good.

5 minutes ago, AlexW said:

Luke with 3 force, (stressless) double reposition and/or free boosts, and you can have more than one of them, though.

I'm much less worried about the passive mods if everybody agrees to only bring one Jedi at a time, for sure. The concerning thing is situations like trying to catch an Anakin who is playing cagey, while a Mace playing aggressive rockets in, spends a force to boost into range 1, takes a lock, and uses his remaining two force to reliably pump 4 damage (and then he just k-turns and does it again next round.) 

And if they're feeling like it, they can drop the configs. Naked Mace is 46 points, and two dice are two dice but he'll get to range one eventually, and lock+force those 3 into 3 hits. That 46 point Mace leaves room for a whole, whole lot of Anakin.

1 minute ago, svelok said:

I'm much less worried about the passive mods if everybody agrees to only bring one Jedi at a time, for sure. The concerning thing is situations like trying to catch an Anakin who is playing cagey, while a Mace playing aggressive rockets in, spends a force to boost into range 1, takes a lock, and uses his remaining two force to reliably pump 4 damage (and then he just k-turns and does it again next round.) 

I'll bring one Jedi at a time as soon as people agree to do the same for Y-Wings. Delta 7bs are such a breath of fresh air into the beefy blocks meta.

Posted (edited)
53 minutes ago, svelok said:

Luke with 3 force, (stressless) double reposition and/or free boosts, and you can have more than one of them, though.

And if they're feeling like it, they can drop the configs. Naked Mace is 46 points, and two dice are two dice but he'll get to range one eventually, and lock+force those 3 into 3 hits. That 46 point Mace leaves room for a whole, whole lot of Anakin.

Well, my post was in reference to defenses.  Luke is pretty much limitless force against a list of Awings in terms of force defense, and in general defensively, on par with a 3 force user in a DeltaB config (and he and Mace are exactly the same cost at that point without upgrades).   I realize there are other differences, including list building, but it's not like the rebels are struggling right now either. 

Edited by AlexW

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, GreenDragoon said:

I want to dedicate this emotional rollercoster to the playtesters who made it possible!

Anakin, Mace and whatever: This where the fun begins!

Screen_Shot_2017_10_10_at_7.59.01_AM.0.p

Kylo Ren Reviews Wave 3: ( *Kylo Mask Voice ) 

• The Republic get 2 Kylos but Kylo only gets 1 Kylo?
  • Why are their Kylos the Initiative of Legend and Kylo's Initiative is the Initiative of Luke?
  • Fake Kylos get an extra force charge and never stress, but Real Kylo is constantly stressed?
  • Even the original version of Grandfather has more force and doesn't stress. 
  • At least Real Kylo's ship has a more badass name, looks cooler, is 10% faster, has a 3 turn, has 1 more agility which is about 1 extra hp of durability, and looks cooler...
  • Silencer
  • Vindicator
  • See how cool it sounds?
  • Also real Kylo gets to take Hate and my actual favorite card Advanced Optics, fake Kylos take a meme card called Heightened Perception. What a joke. 
  • Guess its time to spend 24 pts on training wheels again. Thanks FFG. 
Edited by Boom Owl

6 minutes ago, Boom Owl said:

Kylo Ren Reviews Wave 3: ( *Kylo Mask Voice ) 

Totally not Matt the technician!

I think I can go memier with the list:

Anakin Skywalker (60)
R2 Astromech (4)
Delta-7B (18)

Mace Windu (46)
Delta-7B (16)

104th Battalion Pilot (42)
Chancellor Palpatine (14)
Total: 200

View in Yet Another Squad Builder 2.0

The droid on Mace... eh, Mace has to die at some point. And if he doesn't, that's alright.

But what if his death coincides with autistic screeching? Shoot the new Palpshuttle and get a stress, or don't. Then the Jedimaster can fly blue, gets a force or focus and kicks more than before.

Not that it's better, but potentially more fun!

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, GreenDragoon said:

Totally not Matt the technician!

Or you know just never get init killed before you get to shoot. 

Anakin Skywalker — Delta-7 Aethersprite 60
Delta-7B 18
Ship Total: 78
Half Points: 39 Threshold: 3

Obi-Wan Kenobi — Delta-7 Aethersprite 53
Delta-7B 17
Ship Total: 70
Half Points: 35 Threshold: 3

“Wolffe” — ARC-170 Starfighter 51
Ship Total: 51
Half Points: 26 Threshold: 5

OR

Delta-7B 18

Mace Windu — Delta-7 Aethersprite 46
Heightened Perception 3
Delta-7B 16
Ship Total: 65
Half Points: 33 Threshold: 3

Edited by Boom Owl

20 minutes ago, Boom Owl said:

Or you know just never get init killed before you get to shoot. 

Delta-7B 18

Obi-Wan Kenobi — Delta-7 Aethersprite 53
Delta-7B 17
Ship Total: 70
Half Points: 35 Threshold: 3

OR

Delta-7B 18

Mace Windu — Delta-7 Aethersprite 46
Heightened Perception 3
Delta-7B 16
Ship Total: 65
Half Points: 33 Threshold: 3

How important is the arc? 

Would a 7b Luminara fit in or do we need the last 50 or so points to be beefy (eg. Arc/2 V-19) to draw fire?

(44) Luminara Unduli [Delta-7 Aethersprite]
(16) Delta-7B

(46) Mace Windu [Delta-7 Aethersprite]
(16) Delta-7B

(60) Anakin Skywalker [Delta-7 Aethersprite]
(18) Delta-7B

Total points: 200

This fits? 

1 minute ago, K13R4N said:

(44) Luminara Unduli [Delta-7 Aethersprite]
(16) Delta-7B

(46) Mace Windu [Delta-7 Aethersprite]
(16) Delta-7B

(60) Anakin Skywalker [Delta-7 Aethersprite]
(18) Delta-7B

Total points: 200

jesus

6 minutes ago, svelok said:

jesus

This seems fun to. I dont know what the power level is of all this stuff. But it sure is fun. 

Luke Skywalker — T-65 X-Wing 62
Supernatural Reflexes 24
Proton Torpedoes 12
Servomotor S-Foils 0
Ship Total: 98
Half Points: 49 Threshold: 3

Braylen Stramm — A/SF-01 B-Wing 47
Heavy Laser Cannon 4
Half Points: 26 Threshold: 4

Ten Numb — A/SF-01 B-Wing 46
Heavy Laser Cannon 4
Ship Total: 50
Half Points: 25 Threshold: 4

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, arctic_rogue said:

Wouldn't Ani want a bid?

Yes. Yes he does. He's a morbidly obese Soontir rather than a Wedge, so yeah he needs to move last otherwise it feels bad. inb4 git gud, learn to zone, "I tabled aces with 1.0 hwk swarms", etc.

Edited by ThinkingB

2 minutes ago, Boom Owl said:

This seems fun to. I dont know what the power level is of all this stuff. But it sure is fun.

I kind of want to see 2 point HLC next season. 

9 minutes ago, ThinkingB said:

Yes. Yes he does. He's a morbidly obese Soontir rather than a Wedge, so yeah he needs to move last otherwise it feels bad. inb4 git gud, learn to zone, "I tabled aces with 1.0 hwk swarms", etc.

I mean if you can’t win with Anakin when not moving last?

The reliance on bid is greatly exaggerated. It can make things easy, for sure, but it is far from essential.

And sometimes when you have initiative and shoot first your Wolffe will deliver a range 1 Weapons Failure at the opponents Wolffe before it shoots, and suddenly your Jedi is now facing a much less fearsome 2 die shot.

19 minutes ago, Boom Owl said:

Supernatural Reflexes 24
Proton Torpedoes 12
Servomotor S-Foils 0

Heavy Laser Cannon 4

Heavy Laser Cannon 4

That is interesting. I think Mace Anakin and friend is generally better, but those B’s can lay a hurt on.

Just now, ThinkingB said:

Yes. Yes he does. He's a morbidly obese Soontir, but yeah he needs to move last otherwise it feels bad. inb4 git gud, learn to zone, "I tabled aces with 1.0 hwk swarms", etc.

Haha I was just about to write get gud. 😂  

I don't think he "needs" a bid, obvious it helps as it does with 95% of ships.

Here's my viewpoint on everyone that could move after Anakin:

Soontir: all my ships cost more then him so if he's still alive at the end of the game I still win.

Wedge: Sure. Locks followed by a proton torp is scary but something I 100% wouldn't joust and hopefully he doesn't have a (coordinate)focus so I can Lumi his torp. In a game wedge is(should be) the first to die so anakin can destroy in the endgame)  

Vader: This is more of a difficult one but he doesn't have a boost and can't double reposition so you don't have to worry about getting arc dodged

Han solo: just block him 

Fenn: Range control to R2/R3 and one shot him :)

Quickdraw: Meh does that really matter? 

Poe: This is possibly the biggest issue but (sorry I have to say it) just GET GUD!

25 minutes ago, Boom Owl said:

Supernatural Reflexes 24
Proton Torpedoes 12
Servomotor S-Foils 0

Heavy Laser Cannon 4

Heavy Laser Cannon 4

If you strip this down (every upgrade comes off), you can get a U wing with Leia crew as well. 

Those B wings punch hard, and the extra shot from the U wing makes up for losing the torp. I've been wrecked by this squad a couple of times.

1 minute ago, K13R4N said:

Haha I was just about to write get gud. 😂  

I don't think he "needs" a bid, obvious it helps as it does with 95% of ships.

Here's my viewpoint on everyone that could move after Anakin:

Soontir: all my ships cost more then him so if he's still alive at the end of the game I still win.

Wedge: Sure. Locks followed by a proton torp is scary but something I 100% wouldn't joust and hopefully he doesn't have a (coordinate)focus so I can Lumi his torp. In a game wedge is(should be) the first to die so anakin can destroy in the endgame)  

Vader: This is more of a difficult one but he doesn't have a boost and can't double reposition so you don't have to worry about getting arc dodged

Han solo: just block him 

Fenn: Range control to R2/R3 and one shot him :)

Quickdraw: Meh does that really matter? 

Poe: This is possibly the biggest issue but (sorry I have to say it) just GET GUD!

Yeah, I'm fine with other people going the full 199/200, but I know I'm taking a bid because I'm a baby when it comes ace flying. The biggest fears I have are Vader and Soontir primarily and the people who fly those ships consistently well. Once again, the bid is there strictly because I'm afraid like a tiny child when it comes to these few match-ups; mostly because it seems like strong, experienced players gravitate to them. Tbh, if everyone wants to play their Anakin at the full 200, I'd be cool as a cucumber.