Proton Torpedoes 12
Seventh Fleet Gunner 9
Ship Total: 63
Half Points: 32 Threshold: 5

104th Battalion Pilot — ARC-170 Starfighter 42
Proton Torpedoes 12
Ship Total: 54
Half Points: 27 Threshold: 5

I actually had a similar idea. I would either swap 7B for CLT (to get that range 1 Fenn shot in) or drop the Gunner. 

OR - Swap one out for Odd Ball with Swarm Tactics. Double modded torps at 5 sounds nasty.

Edited by Scott Pilgrim2

5 minutes ago, LagJanson said:

At the very least, you'll have more stories to tell of your accomplishments and will remember the moment longer.

I'd rather be able to 2 straight.  Maybe this is the new phantom nerf...  cant decloak if you don't have a two straight.

1 minute ago, svelok said:

Trade Federation Drone: 18
Separatist Drone: 19
Haor Chall Prototype: 19
Precise Hunter: 20
DFS-081: 20
DFS-311: 22
Energy Shell Charges: 4
Grappling Struts: 1

While this is more aggressive than I think is warranted, precise Hunter at 26 is sort of appalling.  Doesn't predator only cost 2 points?  And why does a 40 point ship pay the same as a 20 point ship to go from i1 to i3?  Seppy drones don't even gain the talent!  Oh, and 20 points for a 1-less hp z-95 is very silly.

5 minutes ago, Scott Pilgrim2 said:

I actually had a similar idea. I would either swap 7B for CLT (to get that range 1 Fenn shot in) or drop the Gunner. 

OR - Swap one out for Odd Ball with Swarm Tactics. Double modded torps at 5 sounds nasty.

Don't think you can battle med oddball... isnt he limited?

9 minutes ago, svelok said:

Trade Federation Drone: 18
Separatist Drone: 19
Haor Chall Prototype: 19
Precise Hunter: 20
DFS-081: 20
DFS-311: 22
Energy Shell Charges: 4
Grappling Struts: 1

when? 

Not soon enough. 

17 minutes ago, powersink said:

Don't think you can battle med oddball... isnt he limited?

Crap, I missed the first part saying you can't coordinate to limited ships. I was thinking you could coordinate to one limited and one non-limited ship. Good catch.

3 hours ago, Scott Pilgrim2 said:

... travel Wyoming to pick at easier competition ...

Dee is a good player and deserved the win but I would be careful about assuming that lower population density equates worse players. Dee's chances here were likely lower than at a similarly sized event in California, he came here because of friends and because there's only one hypertrial in SoCal. 

It's like 10 people but the Wyoming meta is actually pretty strong. 

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, Kieransi said:

Dee is a good player and deserved the win but I would be careful about assuming that lower population density equates worse players. Dee's chances here were likely lower than at a similarly sized event in California, he came here because of friends and because there's only one hypertrial in SoCal. 

It's like 10 people but the Wyoming meta is actually pretty strong. 

So I am not bashing Dee as a player nor the locals in Wyoming too much (though his opponent not knowing what Iden did was... neat for Dee), but if you had for example 10 strong players in Wyoming and 30 in your local meta, you are going to have an easier time in Wyoming through sheer lack of numbers. And if you can afford to travel, you are more likely to hit that day where your matchups are great and your mistakes are little. 

I am not sure if the data is possible, but when World's comes around, look at the % of people who regularly travel to events. If you can hit every System Open in the US, you have a good chance to get top 8. If you can afford to get the 40 or less people Trials, you have a solid shot at #1.  

But when you don't travel (or maybe do one outside of the area event a year) and your only local trial is either 100+ people or being invaded by "foreigners" - good luck getting #1, no matter how good you are. I am just asserting that this new system (at least the way they distribute invites) stay favors those with $$$, just obfuscates more. 

My personal preference if they want to keep the same system (which I may have said here already) is to have a final Open the day before worlds where the top X make it to one of the days of worlds (to fill out field) and the rest can spend their trip cheering on friends and playing side games for tickets for the base prizes. At least that way people can plan a trip to worlds and at the very least have a fun few days of X-Wing and hanging out with one of the best gaming groups in the world and celebrate the game that (most) of us love. 

Edited by Scott Pilgrim2

Ok, yeah, absolutely agree with that. 

Worlds invites are more for the people who really want to try to get them (and can afford to do so) than the best players worldwide. 

Not that horribly different from how it used to be when Worlds was just whoever could afford to travel for it. Just means we've got to get used to our big local events having lots of people we don't know at them. 

28 minutes ago, Ablazoned said:

Have you tried them?  It's really not quite decent (n=3).

High dps lists, lists that modify opponents dice or deny that, and crit/deck manipulating lists can easily alpha 2 or sometimes 3 Vultures a turn. I'm not advocating a meta of non-transitive counters, but I do enjoy how vultures are making cluster missiles relevant. 2 Jonus cluster missile bombers or 2 Obi cluster torrents--so long as they fire the bonus shot at the target the buddy has locked--are expected to gib 2 vultures on their own. Sometimes you might get lucky and accidentally blow up the wingman's locked droid and thus deny a cluster shot, but if you're taking things down that's generally a good thing.

Still not sold on munition torrents tho. 

10 minutes ago, player3010587 said:

dps lists, lists that modify opponents dice or deny that, and crit/deck manipulating lists can easily alpha 2 or sometimes 3 Vultures a turn.

So much of this.  Losing 25% of your list before it ever shoots as a matter of course feels bad man, especially when you are throwing pittance back.  Right now vultures feel like they let my opponent snowball before I can do *anything*.

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, Ablazoned said:

So much of this.  Losing 25% of your list before it ever shoots as a matter of course feels bad man, especially when you are throwing pittance back.  Right now vultures feel like they let my opponent snowball before I can do *anything*.

I'm sorry, I misunderstood you earlier. I now understand that you are voicing concerns over vulture effectiveness. Yeah, idk, lol. The people in my playgroup who were heavy on using the config to park on rocks to basically add a bonus agility are a bit disheartened. There's still a good amount of trickshot remaining and even if that bonus green die is hot against non-trickshot, it's not yielding much for 3 hull. It mostly boils down to Maul in the endgame versus 2 or more of the ships that elected not to shoot him in order to deny him Grievous or Hate.

Edited by player3010587

1 hour ago, gennataos said:

Just got here!

We’re not showing up at the Renniasance Center until tomorrow morning—staying with my friend’s family in the suburbs tonight.

I feel like there has been extremely little information available about the event at large. I didn’t get any tickets for the Hangar bays tomorrow because they didn’t say when—are those available to get into tomorrow?

Also are they using Launch Bay Next or no? I heard that from someone but I wasn’t sure.

Bwings are ridiculously strong, I'm not sure Hyperspace is ready for them.

46 points for a ps 3 with 9 hp, you can couple it with Cassian and have it linking focus with barrel with no consequences every turn, add 54 for undercosted Wedge with predator then add another 46 point B and your beloved format is donezo.

Please tell me how wrong I am, because I can totally see Hyperspace top cuts being dominated by Wedge, Leia on any U and 2 Bwings of any kind

1 hour ago, Sunitsa said:

Please tell me how wrong I am, because I can totally see Hyperspace top cuts being dominated by Wedge, Leia on any U and 2 Bwings of any kind

Well... lotta B-Wings players don't play a decent game of X-Wing... does that help?

(note: I did not say all, because there are some good ones that know what they are doing and the world is going to end in a big flaming ball of dumpster grade material as the collective X-Wing player base all align to complain about this one thing I swear because nothing else could possibly be as broken as B-Wings in Hyperspace)