SaltMaster 5000

Carolina Krayts is the best X-Wing podcast

15 minutes ago, SpiderMana said:

And you can block the damage down to 0, you just don’t regen your force charge.

Yeah but if you do dooku doesn't work next time.  So sure if it's the last attack or a lone crit, but sometimes I'd take it to leave options open.

2 hours ago, Caduceus01 said:

Does anyone know if Dooku crew is intended to work on pretty much any roll or did they just screw up the wording? He seems really powerful at only 9 points if he works on everything 

That’s why you can only do it once per turn, and stacking him with extra force charges from other Sith actually makes it harder instead of easier to pull off.

31 minutes ago, Transmogrifier said:

Yes, he works on any roll. Yes, 9 points seems a bit low for that.

I'm surprised he's not 12pts. I might be over weighting his ability but being able to ensure a result is potent as heck.

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Hiemfire said:

I think this was the first time since the thread was curated, so going on 2 years?

False, I have successfully knocked this thread to page 2 at least on 3 occasions within the past year, always on a Sunday (Krayt Cup time zone); to sit back and watch how long it takes before rising back to page 1.

Edited by FlyingAnchors
The real trick is coming up with meaningful content in the threads you want to put on top. It gets difficult sometimes.

17 hours ago, Hiemfire said:

I'm surprised he's not 12pts. I might be over weighting his ability but being able to ensure a result is potent as heck.

The downside is that you can't do it at will - you have to be at full force. On a force user that means you may not have full force when you need to use it - Hate Maul is probably the only right carrier and even then you can screw up your force usage.

On 3/23/2019 at 10:12 PM, SpiderMana said:

That’s why you can only do it once per turn, and stacking him with extra force charges from other Sith actually makes it harder instead of easier to pull off.

I had someone use him twice in a turn against me.  First, Maul with Hate made his attacks and used Dooku offensively.  I poured enough hits into him over the next few attacks to bring him back up to full force, and he was able to Dooku an Evade.  Granted, I didn't feel too bad, since I poured enough hits into him for it to happen.

On 3/23/2019 at 10:40 PM, Hiemfire said:

At very least, the same 11 points as Emperor Palpatine.  Dooku has a more restricted range, but the effect is quite potent.

I think.

I need to math it out sometime.

So I know it’s early with everyone flying the new factions with limited practice, but they didn’t seem to do too bad this weekend. Two top tables that I can tell, California and on gold squadrons cast, one separatist and one republic. I also thought Marcel’s maul and 5 droids looked great and did great on screen

so do we think it’s all in the players who brought them or is there something to the tech that might be worth really taking a look at going forward, I mean swarms are pretty good in all factions that can bring them and arcs are great!

Also! Did everyone forget about  scum? Didn’t catch them on steam this weekend nor do I see them on the early list fortress entrys( 4 and 2s or better I mean) 

By the way, there's a nice new data point on Scum in hyperspace. Recent trial in UK, the faction split in swiss and cut is virtually identical. Scum went from 23%(12/53) in swiss to 25% in the cut (2/8).

That's small numbers, sure. But 12 lists is far above the average 5 we saw in 13 other trials.

4 Fang fighters won it btw.

47 minutes ago, GreenDragoon said:

By the way, there's a nice new data point on Scum in hyperspace. Recent trial in UK, the faction split in swiss and cut is virtually identical. Scum went from 23%(12/53) in swiss to 25% in the cut (2/8).

That's small numbers, sure. But 12 lists is far above the average 5 we saw in 13 other trials.

4 Fang fighters won it btw.

That’s cool, yeah I am not one of those trying to say they aren’t good enough anymore, I mention there absence from what I noticed this weekend because I still believe there great and no one is taking them, and of course with new factions it makes sense, I was just like, hmmm didn’t notice them on stream when I was watching this weekend, or in the early data points 

3 minutes ago, Darth Seridur said:

So looking through Listfortress and Rebels made 11/16 of the cut in this US HSTrial. And the Rebels lists are pretty much all the same sort of "glue"(?) as you Americans call it.

https://listfortress.com/tournaments/473?fbclid=IwAR04zLKwO977iyRykxxyP5Ygc_KgvOqOgFFBIzUI_Z0KHGsGYF8GxXd74cg

That is some thick-cut Rebel (and Republic) beef.

Two TIE salads and a Howl Swarm in there too, plus a pair of Rebel Torp lists.

Looking through the whole swiss, I don't know if it's beefy lists on top or just that it was beef the whole way down. That's **** close to purely beefy lists plus a few swarms.

Its been quiet lately. To quiet.  

Random rambling Wave 3 thoughts now that the hyperextended hype train is beginning to slow down: 

• Gas Clouds
    • No Consequences Clouds are dumb. 
    • Do these not make you roll for damage so they benefit Aces & Swarms more equally? 
  • Paige
    • Allowing 2x Device Drops per Turn isn't the most graceful way to buff Resistance Bombers
    • I played the card "wrong" for 2 games before the rules change and it was remarkably degenerate. Not a fan. 
    • Yes it leads to resource management on charges, but the bomb coverage is worth it. 
  • Energy Shell Charges
    • Very cool. Very cool. This makes each Vulture feel important. 
    • Range 3 engagements are awesome but also kinda risky if you don't get all Shells on a target. 
    • You can quickly end up with just your front line on target which leads to sad trades. 
  • Infiltrator
    • I think eventually players will settle on having at least 1 infiltrator in their CIS lists
    • Helps alot to have something that can't realistically be initiative killed early. 
    • Maul + 5 Vultures is more comfortable for me than B22 + 6. 
  • B22
    • I cant decide between WAT or Sear. 
    • That probably means I should just take both? 
  •  Vultures
    • Networking + Kraken makes me happy. 
    • CIS dials lead to lots of "parallel" approaches. 
    • Hard 1 Turn + Barrel Roll might be my most used move so far. 
    • I haven't figured out the best way to split these up into groups. 
    • I want to move out of formation to trap things but networking wants a critical mass of calc tokens. 🤔
  • Delta 7b Jedi 
    • Anakin and Obi Wan with just Delta are pretty much awesome. 
    • Glad I have put so much time into super-less Kylo. 
    • White PTL is dumb but Resource Management is actually fun so its ok for now. 
    • Its like Jedi have a Stamina Bar. 
  • R4-P17 and R4-P Mechs
    • I really like these on both Jedi and Arcs
    • Pattern Analyzer is very much worth it for 5 pts on an Ace. 
  • Torrents
    • I have no idea what to do with these other than Delta Obi + 5. 

2 minutes ago, Boom Owl said:

• Torrents
    • I have no idea what to do with these other than Delta Obi + 5. 

Theyre cheap filler. Linked BR-evade can be an obnoxious blocker with 5hp behind 2 greens. Just think how long some quadjumpers can live. 

8 minutes ago, Darth Seridur said:

So looking through Listfortress and Rebels made 11/16 of the cut in this US HSTrial. And the Rebels lists are pretty much all the same sort of "glue"(?) as you Americans call it.

https://listfortress.com/tournaments/473?fbclid=IwAR04zLKwO977iyRykxxyP5Ygc_KgvOqOgFFBIzUI_Z0KHGsGYF8GxXd74cg

Very interesting list with Daniel Lim:

luminaraunduli 
jag + Veteran Tail Gunner 
wolffe + Veteran Tail Gunner 
104thbattalionpilot + Veteran Tail Gunner 

34 minutes ago, Scott Pilgrim2 said:

My basis for my Republic lists is the ARC. You need at least one. 3 Super ARCs could be good, 4 ARCs sounds good, 2 ARCs with buddies sounds good, 1 ARC to just be beefy support sounds good.

This guy seems to have done the one thing you didn't say 😂 3 arcs and a 4th buddy to support them.

2nd in 58.

Luminara with 3 arcs is incredibly beefy! 3 arcs with a defencive Juke, I can image the community will be looking down this road now one player did really well with it. 

8 minutes ago, svelok said:

Two TIE salads and a Howl Swarm in there too

The Howl swarm is actually Dale's PS5 list. Does no Iden to protect Howl make it a TIE salad or a still a TIE swarm? As Duchess and Marek + 3 PS5 TIEs

It's cool how many lists it "feels" like CIS have, despite having clumps of Vultures in almost all of them.

Maul + 5, Wat + 6, Dooku + Wat + 3, etc all feel really different.

4 minutes ago, Darth Seridur said:

The Howl swarm is actually Dale's PS5 list. Does no Iden to protect Howl make it a TIE salad or a still a TIE swarm? As Duchess and Marek + 3 PS5 TIEs

idk I'm not a scientist

13 minutes ago, Boom Owl said:
  • I want to move out of formation to trap things but networking wants a critical mass of calc tokens. 🤔

It's an interesting puzzle. You don't need to stay in formation, that's fine - some lads can K-turn or hit obstacles, even that doesn't matter - but you want a kind of loose web of Vultures clogging up an area where everybody has at least one friend.

Vulture blocks tend to lead to Vulture kills, which I guess is why we pay for the linked barrel roll with the red 3 bank.

23 minutes ago, Boom Owl said:
  • Gas Clouds
    • No Consequences Clouds are dumb. 
    • Do these not make you roll for damage so they benefit Aces & Swarms more equally? 

When do I take clouds?! Debris vs rocks I have pretty much figured out. Size? Yeah, that's easy. Clouds? Hmmm! If I'm flying less maneuverable formation type ships that don't like damage... do I take the cloud for defense or does that give my more maneuverable opponent too much advantage since they might be behind a cloud when I get a shot??!

27 minutes ago, Boom Owl said:
  • B22
    • I cant decide between WAT or Sear. 
    • That probably means I should just take both? 
  •  Vultures
    • Networking + Kraken makes me happy. 
    • CIS dials lead to lots of "parallel" approaches. 
    • Hard 1 Turn + Barrel Roll might be my most used move so far. 

Both. I'm seriously liking the idea of two B22s in a list, but yet to put that on the table. Theory could be bad.

Vultures with Kraken are wonderful. Gee, I'll keep all the calculates, thank you. Have you considered moving in pairs to make your boxes? Consider a pair like one side corner of the box? That said, I agree... that range 1 networking has been difficult to wrap my head around. Guess I just need to box joust everything to make it work... (wait, I have Kraken and can have two calculate tokens on three of my ships anyway)