SaltMaster 5000

Carolina Krayts is the best X-Wing podcast

2 hours ago, impspy said:

I was thinking of them as wingmates for Vader. Should be able to range control better than the other Imperial HS ships with the action economy. 

Now to relearn how to fly Interceptors; I haven't touched Extended since November.

Bio literally just wrote an article on why 3 Saber Vader is worse than 4 Saber Hask.

Posted (edited)

Bwings back into HS menu are making me more interested for the format, as long as I am the one playing them and not the one playing against them. 

I'm still not sold on new factions thought, on paper I'm intrigued mostly by just ps 2 arcs, ashoka and definitely not rebel captive palpatine. But I'm not sure they combine well together

Edited by Sunitsa

1 hour ago, Ablazoned said:

So you believe in Precise Hunters?  I can't get over being forced to pay 4 points for a predator upgrade.

It's less about believing in Precise Hunters and more about not having Kraken to support the usage of i1 drones with ESC and/or Discord Missiles. I wanted to give some offensive threat that wasn't calculate reliant when K2B4 supports using those calcs defensively. 

1 hour ago, Ablazoned said:

So you believe in Precise Hunters?  I can't get over being forced to pay 4 points for a predator upgrade.

I prefer the Chal double unique.  They get double mods if their bro's get shot at.

1 hour ago, RStan said:

That relay and this guy below allows it to also work on any of the Infiltrators. 

swz31_dfs-311.png

That's one of the few places I'm looking to use K2B4. Allowing added evades for the Infiltrator pilot I want to stay alive longer on top of any Vultures in the list not using Discord Missiles or ESCs since those naturally do better with Kraken. 

Example test build: Maulicious

Here is what I am going to run this weekend - it's pretty similar to what I ran last night. Dooku is the man!

https://raithos.github.io/?f=Separatist Alliance&d=v6!s=200!334:,,,219,54,,,216,:;308:220,,:;343:209,,108:;343:209,,108:;337:,,:&sn=Dooku Boyz&obs=

57 minutes ago, Sunitsa said:

Bwings back into HS menu are making me more interested for the format, as long as I am the one playing them and not the one playing against them. 

I'm still not sold on new factions thought, on paper I'm intrigued mostly by just ps 2 arcs, ashoka and definitely not rebel captive palpatine. But I'm not sure they combine well together

I'm always happy to see another Honourable b wing player. I feel you on the new factions,  i want to be excited but its hard to care when the OG factions are twice the size. The hyperpsace expansion actually lead me to cancel my preorder on both new factions. 

1 hour ago, Kaptin Krunch said:

Bio literally just wrote an article on why 3 Saber Vader is worse than 4 Saber Hask.

I read it... fine penmanship.

1 hour ago, Biophysical said:

That's just my opinion, if it works for someone else, that's cool.

I have been completely hesitant is trying my Interceptors in 2.0. Honestly Bio, after listening to the latest OCX (in which you gave a spirited and intellectual defense of the Saber Squadron ships when flown in groups), I almost feel strongly intrigued. I do need to get my favorite ship of 1.0 on the mat I guess. It just seems that most other staple ships of 1.0 and cannon (movies) received improvements over the improvements the Interceptor received (though I am admittedly biased). Soontir is by far the cheapest/best Ace, but it seemed the drop off in application was drastic when I looked at the other TIE/In choices.

Anyway, thanks for your work and expertise.....

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Kaptin Krunch said:

2 hours ago, Biophysical said:

That's just my opinion, if it works for someone else, that's cool.

Interesting read! If I insisted on Flying Vader +n Interceptor(s), which one(s) would you recommend I take?

Edited by impspy

Posted (edited)
36 minutes ago, clanofwolves said:

I have been completely hesitant is trying my Interceptors in 2.0. Honestly Bio, after listening to the latest OCX (in which you gave a spirited and intellectual defense of the Saber Squadron ships when flown in groups), I almost feel strongly intrigued. I do need to get my favorite ship of 1.0 on the mat I guess. It just seems that most other staple ships of 1.0 and cannon (movies) received improvements over the improvements the Interceptor received (though I am admittedly biased). Soontir is by far the cheapest/best Ace, but it seemed the drop off in application was drastic when I looked at the other TIE/In choices.

Anyway, thanks for your work and expertise.....

YAY! 

Edited by RStan

3 hours ago, RunnerAZ said:

I agree.  I flew him last night with Scimitar + Grievous + Perceptive Copilot, and he was a beast.  Grievous is severely under-costed too.

Grevious for 3 points is out of this world.  It's like 3-4 hull upgrades for 3 points.

56 minutes ago, impspy said:

Interesting read! If I insisted on Flying Vader +n Interceptor(s), which one(s) would you recommend I take?

I'd look at Soontir, because two I6 ships are pretty useful.  You could try the 3 Sabers for yourself, see if you get a setup you like.  Soontir and 2 Alphas fits, as well as Soontir/Saber/Hask.  

1 hour ago, SnooSnarry said:

Grevious for 3 points is out of this world.  It's like 3-4 hull upgrades for 3 points.

Only if they shoot maul and kill vultures alternately.  Which they can choose not to do, right?

2 hours ago, Ablazoned said:

Only if they shoot maul and kill vultures alternately.  Which they can choose not to do, right?

I feel like ignoring Maul isn't great and shooting him with the Senate isn't great. I mean for 3 points it is as cheap as a hull upgrade and at the worst you can use it to cancel a crit. I would lean towards auto including him most of the time.

34 minutes ago, Scott Pilgrim2 said:

I feel like ignoring Maul isn't great and shooting him with the Senate isn't great.

I specifically meant grievous triggering multiple times.  Sure, getting stressed to **** by a surreptitiously hateful Senate sucks but it's probably the right call to not let him get to the endgame.  Energy Shell vultures lose their punch early anyway.

Still, if you have a good endgame v maul the right call is to kill vultures without shooting maul.  Either way, your opponent can play reasonably without triggering grievous multiple times.

23 hours ago, SnooSnarry said:

He is not nearly good enough when your opponent just refuses to roll blanks ever! But yeah Dooku with title hate and Grievious is pretty sweet 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Transmogrifier said:

The Official Rulings Thread adds a few rules for Remotes too - they can be damaged by bombs but not by mines:

Woah woah woah. That thread has a lot of rulings I haven't seen discussed at all?

• People tended to think Kanan couldn't clear stress from Inertial Dampeners but he can.
  • Paige and Deathfire can drop more than one device in a round
  • Tallon Roll has been officially ruled to work so long as the ship fits in one position.

Oh I thought that next one meant taking damage to shields doesn't proc Hate, but it's just saying if an effect tells you to "lose a shield," good.

Also Han stuff, but I'd at least seen that mentioned somewhere.

(@Boom Owl what's sad? 😧)

Edited by SpiderMana

6 minutes ago, Ablazoned said:

Playing around with the damage calculator...dooku crew + hate on 1 agility is just reinforce, right?

Passive Reinforce, really. No action required.

And you can block the damage down to 0, you just don’t regen your force charge.

Looking forward to the CIS Sheathipede even more, now 😁