SaltMaster 5000

Carolina Krayts is the best X-Wing podcast

15 hours ago, Kaptin Krunch said:

For as to why Harpoons have some people crying for a nerf- Harpoons are a Chemotherapy that is needed to cure the cancer that is "Fat" point tanks, such as Wookiees, Nym, Miranda, Asajj, Regenerators, etc. It keeps the game fun and alive throufh those mechanics.

The problem is, chemo isn't fun to go through on its own. If your local meta was full of innocents who didn't have cancer, giving them chemo might make them suffer.

Ideally, we wouldn't need the chemo. Unfortunately, the game has Cancer.

Huh.  That's a good point.  They don't know what they're being saved from.

16 hours ago, Kaptin Krunch said:

For as to why Harpoons have some people crying for a nerf- Harpoons are a Chemotherapy that is needed to cure the cancer that is "Fat" point tanks, such as Wookiees, Nym, Miranda, Asajj, Regenerators, etc. It keeps the game fun and alive throufh those mechanics.

The problem is, chemo isn't fun to go through on its own. If your local meta was full of innocents who didn't have cancer, giving them chemo might make them suffer.

Ideally, we wouldn't need the chemo. Unfortunately, the game has Cancer.

It's funny you mentioned Asajj, so I hate running her. She doesn't speak to me at all or my playstyle, but for whatever reason I forced myself to play her at regionals because I knew she was the best choice in the spot. However, I had a game where Major Vynder kept coming in and Harpooning her and just getting the 1 hit through on his Harpoons. Ventress proceeded to stack up 4 Harpoon Conditions, when finally he got a crit they all triggered and the facedown cards were just barely enough. That was frustrating, but I can see Harpoons value to the meta in that game after I objectively viewed it. No ship should be able to get shot 5 times with any 4 die ordinance and be able to survive, but without that condition, she easily would have done it. 

Now, I still have mixed feelings on Harpoons in general. They are a power creep, but they are warping the meta for the better for the most part. However, I would like to sit back and see if its better for the game as a whole once everything settles. I agree with the Krayts at this point, but lets have more than 4 weeks to call it the savior. 

19 minutes ago, Tbetts94 said:

It's funny you mentioned Asajj, so I hate running her. She doesn't speak to me at all or my playstyle, but for whatever reason I forced myself to play her at regionals because I knew she was the best choice in the spot. However, I had a game where Major Vynder kept coming in and Harpooning her and just getting the 1 hit through on his Harpoons. Ventress proceeded to stack up 4 Harpoon Conditions, when finally he got a crit they all triggered and the facedown cards were just barely enough. That was frustrating, but I can see Harpoons value to the meta in that game after I objectively viewed it. No ship should be able to get shot 5 times with any 4 die ordinance and be able to survive, but without that condition, she easily would have done it. 

Now, I still have mixed feelings on Harpoons in general. They are a power creep, but they are warping the meta for the better for the most part. However, I would like to sit back and see if its better for the game as a whole once everything settles. I agree with the Krayts at this point, but lets have more than 4 weeks to call it the savior. 

Wait.....so he resolved 4 Harpoon Conditions with one crit on Timewalk Assaj?

Did all those conditions come from just Vynder??

Beautiful. That has to be some kind of record. 

Edited by Boom Owl

25 minutes ago, Boom Owl said:

Wait.....so he resolved 4 Harpoon Conditions with one crit on Timewalk Assaj?

Did all those conditions come from just Vynder??

Beautiful. That has to be some kind of record. 

Yep, I popped Countermeasures to negate one Harpoon shot too. Vynder would just go in Slam/Shoot, run away, come back Slam/Shoot, rinse repeat. Just hitting above Ventress dice rolls/Lats by 1 each time and never any Crits so they kept stacking. 

Edited by Tbetts94

11 minutes ago, Tbetts94 said:

Yep, I popped Countermeasures to negate one Harpoon shot too. Vynder would just go in Slam/Shoot, run away, come back Slam/Shoot, rinse repeat. Just hitting above Ventress dice rolls/Lats by 1 each time and never any Crits so they kept stacking. 

Guess I shouldn't be to surprised. I imagine this could happen semi-frequently in the Gunboat v Assaj matchup, although 4 conditions is still impressive. 

6 minutes ago, Brunas said:

Oh my god 4? 3 was my record on asajj during the regional, and I think I was more scared of that ticking time bomb than he was at that point, lol.

Whats the max conditions you could put on a BSF Bomber by self targeting it? 

3 minutes ago, Boom Owl said:

Whats the max conditions you could put on a BSF Bomber by self targeting it? 

Theoretically you could have a Ghost with

15(base)

16 (hull upgrade)

17 (add Selflessness on an all-hit attack)

18 (If one is fired by Blount and is no-damage)

19 (if the first harpoon to be fired is just 1 Crit and is DtF)

54 minutes ago, Brunas said:

Oh my god 4? 3 was my record on asajj during the regional, and I think I was more scared of that ticking time bomb than he was at that point, lol.

At one my point I was hoping a Crit would go through, do a bunch of damage to QuickDraw to finish him up on the next shot. Sadly, he didn’t roll a Crit and then he realized my strategy and kept QuickDraw far far away lol.

In the last few weeks I have learned that if you buy a Destiny booster pack that has a cracked/chipped legendary die, the official policy is to send you a replacement random booster pack.

The Destiny tournament rules have a section on what happens if a card or die becomes lost or damaged during play, but they don't define 'damaged'.

Either

a) the chipped die I have is 'damaged' and unplayable, so FFG sold me a high value die that i cannot use and replaced it with a low-value die, thereby screwing me over, or

b) the die is chipped but still playable, which begs the question: just how 'chipped' can a die be and still be playable?...

I may have found a reason for the Krayts to take up Destiny!  >:)

1 hour ago, sirjorj said:

In the last few weeks I have learned that if you buy a Destiny booster pack that has a cracked/chipped legendary die, the official policy is to send you a replacement random booster pack.

The Destiny tournament rules have a section on what happens if a card or die becomes lost or damaged during play, but they don't define 'damaged'.

Either

a) the chipped die I have is 'damaged' and unplayable, so FFG sold me a high value die that i cannot use and replaced it with a low-value die, thereby screwing me over, or

b) the die is chipped but still playable, which begs the question: just how 'chipped' can a die be and still be playable?...

I may have found a reason for the Krayts to take up Destiny!  >:)

So I pull a chipped Ancient Lightsaber or Force Speed and get a booster pack as compensation?

<_< something FFG burns down that day

2 hours ago, sirjorj said:

This policy is unbelievably awful.  It actively encourages people to try to sell their misprint/broken dice without others noticing, instead of just replacing the product.  I still can't believe they're getting away with it.

19 minutes ago, Velvetelvis said:

Uhm...just real quick...

How in the eff  did this become the goto thread for valuable content around here?

Have you taken a real good look around the forums? Have you felt the salt around you? Have you become one with the salt? Have you entered the epic sub-forum?

Much to learn, you still have.

1 hour ago, Mattman7306 said:

Have you taken a real good look around the forums? Have you felt the salt around you? Have you become one with the salt? Have you entered the epic sub-forum?

Much to learn, you still have.

Travis the Krayt is saltier than the planet.  Yet he's still the reason why the Krayts have content.

On 1/8/2018 at 0:17 PM, Boom Owl said:

Also because I am bored....

A-Wing / Tie Advanced: 

pilot-ejects-from-f-16-fighter-jet-after

Tie Silencer: 

F-22-head-on.jpg

T-70 X-Wing: 

67_FS_F-15_Eagle_in_action_at_Red_Flag%E

T-65 X-Wing:

north-american-p51-mustang-9.jpg

Y-Wing or ARC-170:

ac10-warthog-header-2-840x420.jpg

Gunboat:  

1200px-US_Navy_051105-F-5480T-005_An_F-1

Tie Defender: 

1200px-F-35A_flight_(cropped).jpg

Tie Phantom: 

1200px-F-117_Nighthawk_Front.jpg

Resistance Bomber

air_to_air_1_t715.jpg?529764a1de2bdd0f74

E-Wing:

Messerschmitt-Me-262-Swallow.jpg

U-Wing

ac-130h-u_004.jpg

okay in order.

I've held pretty steady that the tie/fo and f16 compare pretty well as small maneuverable mainline fighters.

I go back and forth on the f-22, but ultimately I give the edge to the tie phantom, with their matching stealth capabilities and superior firepower.

I've been pretty convinced that the f15 and tie defender were the closest comparison, but i'm leaning slightly towards the the tie/sf as the closest comparison to the f15.

The f35 is the e wing. The backstories for both mirror each other almost perfectly, over promised, overspent, under delivered, but still very competent and at the peak of technology.  You could convince me the f35 and t70 are a good comparison, especially if you compare the f5 to the z95 and t65 to f18 which i do. So i give the nod for the t70 to the f18 superhornet, if the e wing didn't exist I would give this to the f35.

y wing to a10. I agree BRRRRRRRRRRRTT, to further elaborate, BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRT, BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRT BRRRRRRRRRT

I'm not sure the f117 gets to play here, It's not really a fighter, the quad jumper or mayyybe tie bomber is our best comaprison.

I mentioned on the podcast that I compare the skuurg to the f14, the wide wingspan and ordinance package just feel like they go together too well in my opinion.

The gunboat and mig 31 I feel are an almost perfect compliment for each other as high speed missile platforms.

Some of x wings other more maneuverable ships probably compare best to Russian aircraft.

The tie silencer probably best compares to the su35, one of  the premier aircraft in the world in terms of maneuverability, as someone whose played what normal people would call way too much ace combat, i'd put the never made it into production su-47 here.

The tie interceptor is a pretty safe comparison to the su 27, old great standby

Protectorate -su35 . Capable interceptors. iziz pizi

I have no idea what to compare the a wing to, whats really fast and not much else.

Ok my attention span ran out. Bring it @sirjorj

3 minutes ago, catachanninja said:

I have no idea what to compare the a wing to, whats really fast and not much else.

Ok my attention span ran out. Bring it @sirjorj

A-Wing = SR-71?

I would still lean towards A-10 = K-Wing due to lots of firepower, hard to destroy, and large planky wings.

The rest of your comparisons are really good, and I love your passion on this! :)

Our next air show is in 2019  when we get the Thunderbirds!  If you're interested, here are my shots of previous airshows: https://sirjorj.smugmug.com/Airplanes

And the F-22 Raptor is the most amazing flying craft you will ever see!

8 minutes ago, catachanninja said:

I mentioned on the podcast that I compare the skuurg to the f14, the wide wingspan and ordinance package just feel like they go together too well in my opinion.

F-14 is a fighter. The Scurrg is many things, but it's not a nimble little dogfighter. If you want a wide wingspan missile and bomb platform, you want the F-111

f111-02.jpg

1 minute ago, sirjorj said:

Or B-1b Lancer, although that would probably have to be large base!

b1 lancer is probably the k wing, its got the speed and wide array of ordinance, plus i saw some special on the history channel detailing them as carrying long range air to air missles, which is basically miranda with lrs. So i'm in there.