SaltMaster 5000

Carolina Krayts is the best X-Wing podcast

1 hour ago, Bucknife said:

Totally fair. 

I think the SuperAce+generics archetype is probably the best middle ground right now. 

I'm starting to wonder if two-ship aces (like Rey+Poe) will ever be viable in 2.0, with the floor finally balanced out much better for generic jousting. 

Well, no- It's still Alpha Aces in Hyperspace. Imperial Generics are *** conpared to named ones, ditto with scum/resistance/FO.

The only flaw in Rebel Beef is that other factions lack equivalents that are viable. Empire would have to be 6 Black Scouts or 6 Sentinel+Acad or something to make them not get alphad off of the board.

9 minutes ago, Kaptin Krunch said:

Well, no- It's still Alpha Aces in Hyperspace. Imperial Generics are *** conpared to named ones, ditto with scum/resistance/FO.

The only flaw in Rebel Beef is that other factions lack equivalents that are viable. Empire would have to be 6 Black Scouts or 6 Sentinel+Acad or something to make them not get alphad off of the board.

Do you feel like the Alpha Aces would do so hot if we saw more use of control?

Even in hyperspace...

Death Troopers, Phasma crew, Ferrosphere Paint, Ion Torps, Vermeil Jam....DeadMan Switch...

These things exist to curb HighPS Alpha (and I feel like super Poe should be legitimately scared of most of them). 

Edited by Bucknife

3 minutes ago, Oldpara said:

I hope you know the best 2 ships list out there is now 2x T65? 

It is making a splash in Poland right now, so I'll assume the rest of the world will acknowledge it later ;)

Wedge+Luke?

If that's it...then I'm on board!

5 minutes ago, Oldpara said:

Yes, fully loaded Wedge + Luke. 

Luke Skywalker — T-65 X-Wing 62
Supernatural Reflexes 24
Proton Torpedoes 12
R2 Astromech 4
Afterburners 6
Servomotor S-Foils 0
Ship Total: 108
Half Points: 54 Threshold: 3

Wedge Antilles — T-65 X-Wing 52
Lone Wolf 5
Proton Torpedoes 12
R4 Astromech 2
Afterburners 6
Servomotor S-Foils 0
Ship Total: 77
Half Points: 39 Threshold: 3

I assume something like this? Im not European though so no way I built this myself before. 

Edited by Boom Owl
updated

3 minutes ago, Bucknife said:

Do you feel like the Alpha Aces would do so hot if we saw more use of control?

Even in hyperspace...

Death Troopers, Phasma crew, Ferrosphere Paint, Ion Torps, Vermeil Jam....DeadMan Switch...

These things exist to curb HighPS Alpha (and I feel like super Poe should be legitimately scared of most of them). 

So

- death troopers, Phasma : these 2 are good control, with non-universal applicability

- ferrosphere, Ion torps: overcosted/nonviable

- Vermiel Jam is not control, no more than a Proton Rocket is: If you let Large Richard get to R1 of you, jam, and shoot you with Poe, unironically re-evaluate your decisions.

- Dead Man Switch is a bad card even if it was free, and aces are in a much better position to cause the card's inclusion to be detrimental to a list than a bonus.

20 minutes ago, Kaptin Krunch said:

Isn't faction diversity a good thing? Are we mad that rebels have different archetypes than imperial?

6 minutes ago, Boom Owl said:
Luke Skywalker — T-65 X-Wing 62
Supernatural Reflexes 24
Proton Torpedoes 12
R2 Astromech 4
Afterburners 6
Servomotor S-Foils 0
Ship Total: 108
Half Points: 54 Threshold: 3

Wedge Antilles — T-65 X-Wing 52
Lone Wolf 5
Proton Torpedoes 12
R4 Astromech 2
Afterburners 6
Servomotor S-Foils 0
Ship Total: 77
Half Points: 39 Threshold: 3

I assume something like this? Im not European though so no way I built this myself before. 

Wedge has no ept in our environment since having bigger bid is crucial. Both ships regenerate also. 

34 minutes ago, jagsba said:

Isn't faction diversity a good thing? Are we mad that rebels have different archetypes than imperial?

'efficient generic jousters that don't fly in formation' isn't really an archetype, nor does it match the rebel theme which was supposed to be about named characters.

Also it's more that Empire, one of the factions that should have viable generics, does not.

To build futher on it, UXXYY would be a wildly different list than Mass Striker if Mass Striker was made viable.

Edited by Kaptin Krunch

1 hour ago, Oldpara said:

It is making a splash in Poland right now, so I'll assume the rest of the world will acknowledge it later ;)

I gave it a shot once, and despite probably flying pretty mediocre, I was kind of surprised by how little I missed having another ship.  I'm not sure if it's for me, but I don't doubt it's power.

Small voice

Having flown double Defenders a bit, I miss the simplicity of having 2 powerful, manoevrable bastards that can split up 50/50 and run a wild goose chase. If you split unfavourably against them, it's steeply uphill. If you fail to focus one effectively before it escapes, similar.

I'd like it to be a viable archetype. Of a sort.

6 minutes ago, MrHedgehogMan said:

So I played a small tourney last weekend with Selfless Biggs UXYY (Saw, Biggs 2vtg ion Y). It worked very well in the hyperspace which the event was. However I don't think it will do well in Extended. Any thoughts?

I don’t think you’re wrong. Too many powerhouses in extended... I’m not confident vs the waves after waves of Bwings either.

2 hours ago, LagJanson said:

I don’t think you’re wrong. Too many powerhouses in extended... I’m not confident vs the waves after waves of Bwings either.

On the flip side, Ion Ys may be a solid matchup against the B-Wings. They are beefy enough to no just die and the B-Wing low AGI means that your ions are more likely get through and you can control them. B-Wings aren't scary when they are facing the wrong way.

7 hours ago, hawk32 said:

I'll have to give that a try...  I had been thinking about dropping tavson down to SBP but tavson is so good.  

For sure don’t drop tavson, way too useful for the extra points, muse can serve several functions besides just helping tavson too, as he can get rid of his own stress or remove the stress off of Scorch if he k turns or sloops. Plus it opens up points for phasma or some choice upgrades on QuickDraw 

5 hours ago, Oldpara said:

I think I played the polish national champ who was playing that with my FO list on TTS. Idk I beat it on my first go around, just blow up Wedge and then, like playing against any supernatural ace, cover as much of the board as possible and keep the pressure up. I think its alright, but it just feels like a worse Kylo Tavson.

Speaking of 2 ship lists, the falcon paired with luke is a legit 2 ship list that I expect to see start picking up some playtime as people realize how to beat all these jousting lists with their fat turrets again.  

Edited by SnooSnarry

6 minutes ago, Scott Pilgrim2 said:

On the flip side, Ion Ys may be a solid matchup against the B-Wings. They are beefy enough to no just die and the B-Wing low AGI means that your ions are more likely get through and you can control them. B-Wings aren't scary when they are facing the wrong way.

They also aren’t dead and they’ve got friends who don’t pull their punches. Situational, paper theory anyway.

Really, I hit both ion Ys and four Bs with a shuttle carrying Leia. They all fell to the power of juke Phantoms. Extended has other monsters.

2 minutes ago, TheOz said:

For sure don’t drop tavson, way too useful for the extra points, muse can serve several functions besides just helping tavson too, as he can get rid of his own stress or remove the stress off of Scorch if he k turns or sloops. Plus it opens up points for phasma or some choice upgrades on QuickDraw 

https://raithos.github.io/?f=First Order&d=v6!s=200!243:181,206,-1,182,113,-1:;235:-1,-1,-1:;262:181,-1,-1:;289:-1,-1,-1,183,-1,-1,-1,-1:&sn=Unnamed Squadron&obs=

Think I'll try this.

1 hour ago, SnooSnarry said:

I think I played the polish national champ who was playing that with my FO list on TTS. Idk I beat it on my first go around, just blow up Wedge and then, like playing against any supernatural ace, cover as much of the board as possible and keep the pressure up. I think its alright, but it just feels like a worse Kylo Tavson.

Speaking of 2 ship lists, the falcon paired with luke is a legit 2 ship list that I expect to see start picking up some playtime as people realize how to beat all these jousting lists with their fat turrets again.  

Yea we were watching the match. Congratulations! 

He lost not on the list lvl tho, but because of mistakes he made (loosing Wedge too early without doing anything useful for being to aggressive). 

Not that it matters much because it's extended but what do you all think of the IG88 list that went 4-2 in the Toronto system opens, I think it had 4lom as well.

Was it more the surprise factor that helped with its wins or is there something to it?