SaltMaster 5000

Carolina Krayts is the best X-Wing podcast

Just now, Makaze said:

Level of discussion

Krayt thread

|

|

Facebook (excluding Derek Tokaz the visual storyteller conversation starter extraordinaire)

|

|

|

|

|

|

|

|

Rest of forum

|

Facebook (including Tokaz)

i think its hilarious u guys talk **** about krayt thread. u wouldnt say this **** to him at lan, hes jacked. not only that but he wears the freshest clothes, eats at the chillest restaurants and hangs out with the hottest dudes. yall are pathetic lol.

1 minute ago, Makaze said:

Level of discussion

Krayt thread

|

|

Facebook (excluding Derek Tokaz the visual storyteller conversation starter extraordinaire)

|

|

|

|

|

|

|

|

Rest of forum

|

... you realize you've included hanes and twa in that second level

7 minutes ago, Brunas said:

this discussion was the thread i was expecting on facebook, except angrier and with more name calling

Well, you rational, level-headed arbiter we can make that happen!

Also another rules question.  I thought this I've was answered before Coruscant but I've recently found people who disagree.  When rigged cargo is dropped on you, the forum faq says it overlaps you.  Okay but what I want to know is if you suffer its effects.  So I go to the rules and the rules say you *both* have to overlap **and be moving** to suffer the effects of an obstacle...so case closed, right?  If you have a rigged dropped on you you're safe unless/until you move through it, right?

I thought that was what we all agreed at Coruscant but recently someone said maybe not??

Just now, Ablazoned said:

Well, you rational, level-headed arbiter we can make that happen!

Also another rules question.  I thought this I've was answered before Coruscant but I've recently found people who disagree.  When rigged cargo is dropped on you, the forum faq says it overlaps you.  Okay but what I want to know is if you suffer its effects.  So I go to the rules and the rules say you *both* have to overlap **and be moving** to suffer the effects of an obstacle...so case closed, right?  If you have a rigged dropped on you you're safe unless/until you move through it, right?

I thought that was what we all agreed at Coruscant but recently someone said maybe not??

Last I've heard you get a stress when it's dropped on you, because I said so, at Coruscant.  If that's not how it's going to work down the road I'd believe you, but it's news to me.

14 minutes ago, Brunas said:

Last I've heard you get a stress when it's dropped on you, because I said so, at Coruscant.  If that's not how it's going to work down the road I'd believe you, but it's news to me.

Don't the rules say you have to be moving to suffer the effect?

"While a ship executes a maneuver, if it moves through or overlaps an
obstacle, it executes its maneuver as normal but suffers an effect based on
the type of obstacle:"

"While a ship is moving, but not executing a maneuver, if it moves through or
overlaps an obstacle, it executes its move as normal but suffers an effect
based on the type of obstacle:"

45 minutes ago, Makaze said:

Level of discussion

Krayt thread

|

|

|

|

|

|

|

|

|

|

Rest of forum

|

I got bamboozled into this Kray Cup 4 chat and I muted that so fast. I don't need to get notifications about Tokaz debating if Alita is a Lolita waifu or not.

2 minutes ago, Scott Pilgrim2 said:

For that, I am going to come up with every Han edge case I can think of and dump them at Krayt Cup "Miracle on 34th Streeet"-style.

You have no FFG gods at krayt cup, I'm happy to just tell you your Han has no pilot ability.

Alternatively, "congrats now you're resistance Han"

3 hours ago, Brunas said:

So now you can Han with a Blinded Pilot, or while Midnight has you locked.  Are you OK with that?  I don't know why those are the breaking point for most people, but they are.  Feelings are weird!

Speaking for myself, I am.  Even fluff-wise, Han's re-roll is clearly a matter of him being luckier -- or unluckier! -- than other pilots.  When else are you relying on luck more than when firing blind or Midnight-jammed?

1 hour ago, hawk32 said:

DICE MODIFICATION
Players can modify dice by spending various tokens and by resolving abilities.
Dice can be modified in the following ways:
• Add: To add a die result, place an unused die displaying the result next
to the rolled dice. A die added in this way is treated as a normal die for all
purposes and can be modified and canceled.
• Change: To change a die result, rotate the die so that its faceup side
displays the new result.
• Reroll: To reroll a die result, pick up the die and roll it again.
• Spend: To spend a result, remove the die from the dice pool.

Even though the statement is formatted as a paragraph, an argument could be made that the list of four just below is not exhaustive, merely indicative, since it notes that "resolving abilities," broadly, is a way to modify dice just like "spending various tokens" is. Han is explicitly not a reroll, it's a "resolving abilities" dice modification?

That would mean that it's up to the other interacting effects' wording to see if Han can modify the dice through his "not a reroll, really." Midnight says "no mods" so she wins, Magva says "no rerolls" so she loses? Under that lens, Lando and C3PO are based on "rolling dice" which is not what Han is doing, obviously, so his shenanigans do nothing to those two?

The issue is that writing tight rules requires a lot of qualified eyeballs with experience. Which FFG plainly does not want to afford for a beer&pretzel game that got wildly popular competitively.

On 2/19/2019 at 6:55 PM, player3010587 said:

Does Han alter his dice results? Yes, that is considered a modification (....) 

latest?cb=20180913204219

You're fundamentaly wrong in the first sentence of your satement my friend. Han's ability is not modification as dice modifications are expiclity, enumeratively listed in the Rules Reference. Please see the attachment.

Han's "reroll" is just ability to start sequence again (of shooting or other action with rolls needed). You're restarting sequence again without suffering any game effects that affects this sequence (But still no other mods after second "start" if something prevents this - like Midnight or Blinded Pilot). 

So in my humble opinion Han's ability not being modification cannot be blocked by effects that blocks modifications. 

Edited by Oldpara
Picture removed due to limit

15 minutes ago, Jeff Wilder said:

Speaking for myself, I am.  Even fluff-wise, Han's re-roll is clearly a matter of him being luckier -- or unluckier! -- than other pilots.  When else are you relying on luck more than when firing blind or Midnight-jammed?

maxresdefault.jpg

In all seriousness though, I don't have a horse in the race either way.  For krayt cup, I grabbed what is hopefully a reasonable stance, if FFG has something else in mind I'll believe them, or if the community at large goes a different way that's fine too - consistency is really all that matters.  I assume whenever it actually comes up we'll get a weird set of hard rulings that aren't internally consistent, as is tradition!

Edited by Brunas