SaltMaster 5000

Carolina Krayts is the best X-Wing podcast

11 minutes ago, Biophysical said:

When Advanced Optics was first spoiled, I was like "cool a card to make Omega Ace do something in my semi-jank FO aces squad".  Now I'm like "Advanced Optics is so good this might not be a joke".  You need Mk2 Engines on that Rexler Brath, I think, though.  Does Miranda usually take a bid?

Not usually, no. I left it at 2 point bid because who cares, but mk2 is probably worth on Rexlar. VI an a hull night be better too, but whatever.

Oh my God optics is so good, it should be stapled on everything

22 hours ago, AEIllingworth said:

I do feel a little bad for Chumbalya, was he there until you cut to the part with Zack? He said about two sentences the whole time. 

Don't!  I was only able to be on for the first part (it was mostly recorded during the Austin Regional which I attended) and I really didn't have much to add since Travis did so much work preparing.  My contributions were mostly behind the scenes with resources and anecdotes.  

45 minutes ago, Brunas said:

Where's @Chumbalaya - we discovered optics omega ace this week as the ultimate meme machine AND I NEED BATREPS

Oh look, 5 crits (98)

"Omega Ace" — TIE/fo Fighter 20
Swarm Leader 3
Advanced Optics 2
Ship Total: 25

Rexler Brath — TIE Defender 37
Expertise 4
TIE/x7 -2
Ship Total: 39

Colonel Vessery — TIE Defender 35
Veteran Instincts 1
TIE/x7 -2
Ship Total: 34

I have mk2 on Vess and Rex, but it is hilarious nonetheless.  Omega Ace nuked Whisper in my last game. 

21 minutes ago, gennataos said:

Adv Optics is no joke on f/o's...or just about anything.  Your mention of it has already started to spread locally.  All I want now is a Resistance A-wing with a tech slot and my world will be complete.

It will still suck though. Rebels will never get a ship with native boost barrel roll and 3 attack dice because ffg hates them

4 minutes ago, catachanninja said:

It will still suck though. Rebels will never get a ship with native boost barrel roll and 3 attack dice because ffg hates them

Wait, I thought FFG hates Imperials.  That's what the forums have told me for the last couple months.  I mean, I haven't heard that for the last couple weeks, but I'm sure it's still true.  Right?

If I can get a Rebel version of a TIE f/o with Advanced optics, I'll happily take that as the best blocker in the game!

(caveat - small base blocker, cuz bumpmaster)

Edited by gennataos

8 minutes ago, gennataos said:

Wait, I thought FFG hates Imperials.  That's what the forums have told me for the last couple months.  I mean, I haven't heard that for the last couple weeks, but I'm sure it's still true.  Right?

If I can get a Rebel version of a TIE f/o with Advanced optics, I'll happily take that as the best blocker in the game!

(caveat - small base blocker, cuz bumpmaster)

Never listen to the forums 

13 minutes ago, catachanninja said:

Probably just cuz of Biggs before. Now they got more design space to work with.

Just now, catachanninja said:

If biggs didn't stop them from printing lowrick I don't believe that he was preventing anything 

Considering how long they had the nerfs ready to go and have Adv Slam even ready for the reprints. Lowhrick could have just been designed so the Rebel faction wouldn’t cripple with Biggs gone. 

46 minutes ago, Brunas said:

Not usually, no. I left it at 2 point bid because who cares, but mk2 is probably worth on Rexlar. VI an a hull night be better too, but whatever.

Oh my God optics is so good, it should be stapled on everything

Well it's a tech so...

Although If it was a mod it would eat into GC, AT, and others so it being a mod is overall good. 

It would be absolutely hilarious to run with the HWK title though.

Just now, FlyingAnchors said:

Well it's a tech so...

Although If it was a mod it would eat into GC, AT, and others so it being a mod is overall good. 

It would be absolutely hilarious to run with the HWK title though.

I think hwk title would do nothing don't because of the cannot clause in optics

On 7/24/2017 at 7:04 PM, SaltMaster 5000 said:

They say nothing but true things.

They speak plainly without euphemisms or sugar coating.

They make jokes that are actually funny.

I've only listened to their most recent podcast about the wave 11 meta.

I just realized FFG censored the part about mynocks.

#thanksgoldsquadron

1 hour ago, Chumbalaya said:

Don't!  I was only able to be on for the first part (it was mostly recorded during the Austin Regional which I attended) and I really didn't have much to add since Travis did so much work preparing.  My contributions were mostly behind the scenes with resources and anecdotes.  

I have mk2 on Vess and Rex, but it is hilarious nonetheless.  Omega Ace nuked Whisper in my last game. 

I’m trying really hard at this disrespect thing: 

If you missed it for the Austin regional I feel even more bad for you. 

I feel bad for future me too, I’m planning on t-65s at my regional. 

Edited by AEIllingworth

1 hour ago, catachanninja said:

I think hwk title would do nothing don't because of the cannot clause in optics

1 hour ago, hawk32 said:

Not sure that would work.

That’s why it would be funny, not funny haha, funny ironic. Here’s 5 points so I can make sure I keep one focus token.

13 minutes ago, AEIllingworth said:

I’m trying really hard at this disrespect thing: 

If you missed it for the Austin regional I feel even more bad for you. 

I feel bad for future me too, I’m planning on t-65s at my regional. 

I had a blast playing new stuff, spent time with good people, and the event was very well run.  

I ran T-65s too and they were pretty good with FAA.  Bob on the other hand was less than impressive.

BF2 episode: not to devalue past podcast episodes, but despite your self mocking of content, that was an extremely valuable (content rich even) episode for me. I’ve been in an endless head-space loop trying to finalize a Quickdraw and Guns list and feel like I’ve got it down to just one or two now...

thanks and congrats Krayts-nation on a super strong regional 

Edited by Lobokai
Telling autocorrect who’s boss

1 minute ago, Chumbalaya said:

I heard some scrub lost to Thweek.

@PigglesMcgiggles @PigglesMcgiggles @PigglesMcgiggles @PigglesMcgiggles @PigglesMcgiggles @PigglesMcgiggles @PigglesMcgiggles @PigglesMcgiggles @PigglesMcgiggles @PigglesMcgiggles @PigglesMcgiggles @PigglesMcgiggles @PigglesMcgiggles @PigglesMcgiggles @PigglesMcgiggles @PigglesMcgiggles @PigglesMcgiggles @PigglesMcgiggles @PigglesMcgiggles @PigglesMcgiggles @PigglesMcgiggles @PigglesMcgiggles @PigglesMcgiggles @PigglesMcgiggles @PigglesMcgiggles @PigglesMcgiggles @PigglesMcgiggles @PigglesMcgiggles @PigglesMcgiggles @PigglesMcgiggles @PigglesMcgiggles @PigglesMcgiggles @PigglesMcgiggles @PigglesMcgiggles @PigglesMcgiggles @PigglesMcgiggles @PigglesMcgiggles @PigglesMcgiggles @PigglesMcgiggles @PigglesMcgiggles @PigglesMcgiggles @PigglesMcgiggles @PigglesMcgiggles @PigglesMcgiggles @PigglesMcgiggles @PigglesMcgiggles @PigglesMcgiggles @PigglesMcgiggles @PigglesMcgiggles @PigglesMcgiggles @PigglesMcgiggles @PigglesMcgiggles @PigglesMcgiggles @PigglesMcgiggles @PigglesMcgiggles @PigglesMcgiggles @PigglesMcgiggles @PigglesMcgiggles @PigglesMcgiggles @PigglesMcgiggles @PigglesMcgiggles @PigglesMcgiggles @PigglesMcgiggles @PigglesMcgiggles @PigglesMcgiggles @PigglesMcgiggles @PigglesMcgiggles @PigglesMcgiggles @PigglesMcgiggles @PigglesMcgiggles @PigglesMcgiggles @PigglesMcgiggles @PigglesMcgiggles @PigglesMcgiggles @PigglesMcgiggles @PigglesMcgiggles @PigglesMcgiggles @PigglesMcgiggles @PigglesMcgiggles @PigglesMcgiggles @PigglesMcgiggles @PigglesMcgiggles @PigglesMcgiggles @PigglesMcgiggles @PigglesMcgiggles @PigglesMcgiggles @PigglesMcgiggles @PigglesMcgiggles @PigglesMcgiggles @PigglesMcgiggles @PigglesMcgiggles @PigglesMcgiggles @PigglesMcgiggles @PigglesMcgiggles @PigglesMcgiggles @PigglesMcgiggles @PigglesMcgiggles @PigglesMcgiggles @PigglesMcgiggles @PigglesMcgiggles @PigglesMcgiggles @PigglesMcgiggles @PigglesMcgiggles @PigglesMcgiggles @PigglesMcgiggles @PigglesMcgiggles @PigglesMcgiggles @PigglesMcgiggles @PigglesMcgiggles @PigglesMcgiggles @PigglesMcgiggles @PigglesMcgiggles @PigglesMcgiggles @PigglesMcgiggles @PigglesMcgiggles @PigglesMcgiggles @PigglesMcgiggles @PigglesMcgiggles @PigglesMcgiggles @PigglesMcgiggles @PigglesMcgiggles @PigglesMcgiggles @PigglesMcgiggles @PigglesMcgiggles @PigglesMcgiggles @PigglesMcgiggles @PigglesMcgiggles @PigglesMcgiggles @PigglesMcgiggles @PigglesMcgiggles @PigglesMcgiggles @PigglesMcgiggles @PigglesMcgiggles @PigglesMcgiggles @PigglesMcgiggles @PigglesMcgiggles @PigglesMcgiggles @PigglesMcgiggles @PigglesMcgiggles @PigglesMcgiggles @PigglesMcgiggles @PigglesMcgiggles @PigglesMcgiggles @PigglesMcgiggles @PigglesMcgiggles @PigglesMcgiggles @PigglesMcgiggles @PigglesMcgiggles @PigglesMcgiggles @PigglesMcgiggles @PigglesMcgiggles @PigglesMcgiggles @PigglesMcgiggles @PigglesMcgiggles @PigglesMcgiggles @PigglesMcgiggles @PigglesMcgiggles @PigglesMcgiggles @PigglesMcgiggles @PigglesMcgiggles @PigglesMcgiggles @PigglesMcgiggles @PigglesMcgiggles @PigglesMcgiggles @PigglesMcgiggles @PigglesMcgiggles @PigglesMcgiggles @PigglesMcgiggles @PigglesMcgiggles @PigglesMcgiggles @PigglesMcgiggles @PigglesMcgiggles @PigglesMcgiggles @PigglesMcgiggles @PigglesMcgiggles @PigglesMcgiggles @PigglesMcgiggles @PigglesMcgiggles @PigglesMcgiggles @PigglesMcgiggles @PigglesMcgiggles @PigglesMcgiggles @PigglesMcgiggles @PigglesMcgiggles @PigglesMcgiggles @PigglesMcgiggles @PigglesMcgiggles @PigglesMcgiggles @PigglesMcgiggles @PigglesMcgiggles @PigglesMcgiggles @PigglesMcgiggles @PigglesMcgiggles @PigglesMcgiggles @PigglesMcgiggles @PigglesMcgiggles @PigglesMcgiggles @PigglesMcgiggles @PigglesMcgiggles @PigglesMcgiggles @PigglesMcgiggles @PigglesMcgiggles @PigglesMcgiggles @PigglesMcgiggles 

Also, we're officially on page 69 and almost didn't notice...