SaltMaster 5000

Carolina Krayts is the best X-Wing podcast

On a more serious note, is this the best list that can be done with massed A-wings? 

https://geordanr.github.io/xwing/?f=Rebel Alliance&d=v4!s!250:214,210,199:-1:-1:;31:205,72:7:15:U.152;31:205,72:7:15:U.152;31:205,72:7:15:U.152&sn=Unnamed Squadron&obs=

it seems like it would be pretty good. Also, Cassian seems like he is amazing for blocking, arc-dodging, and general counterplay- why don't we see him more often?

2 hours ago, Kaptin Krunch said:

On a more serious note, is this the best list that can be done with massed A-wings? 

https://geordanr.github.io/xwing/?f=Rebel Alliance&d=v4!s!250:214,210,199:-1:-1:;31:205,72:7:15:U.152;31:205,72:7:15:U.152;31:205,72:7:15:U.152&sn=Unnamed Squadron&obs=

it seems like it would be pretty good. Also, Cassian seems like he is amazing for blocking, arc-dodging, and general counterplay- why don't we see him more often?

I’m gonna try for disrespect here: because he’s a big base named b-wing crossed with a worse Captain Yorr. 

Edit: also, I’d drop cassian crew to a standard Intel agent for Draw their fire instead of trick shot. 

Edited by AEIllingworth

2 hours ago, Kaptin Krunch said:

Sadly, I'm pretty sure trying to be cute with AWings is a trap.  Just Harpoon spam seems hard to argue with.

https://geordanr.github.io/xwing/?f=Rebel Alliance&d=v4!s!31:19,243:7:25:U.9;31:19,243:7:25:U.9;31:19,243:7:25:U.9;46:120,-1:-1:-1:&sn=Unnamed Squadron&obs=

6 minutes ago, Brunas said:

Sadly, I'm pretty sure trying to be cute with AWings is a trap.  Just Harpoon spam seems hard to argue with.

https://geordanr.github.io/xwing/?f=Rebel Alliance&d=v4!s!31:19,243:7:25:U.9;31:19,243:7:25:U.9;31:19,243:7:25:U.9;46:120,-1:-1:-1:&sn=Unnamed Squadron&obs=

That's cute. Multiple harpoons on ps12... Oh, wait, that's kinda gross. Though once the alpha is spent I guess you're running for 50 minutes?

24 minutes ago, AEIllingworth said:

I’m gonna try for disrespect here: because he’s a big base named b-wing crossed with a worse Captain Yorr. 

Edit: also, I’d drop cassian crew to a standard Intel agent for Draw their fire instead of trick shot. 

I meant cassian crew- he seems so much better than a standard intel agent. 

To be more specific, you can dial in moves that only get countered by 1 move, and just guess that move. Eg- you dial in something that works unless they K-turn, guess K-turn.

Edited by Kaptin Krunch

1 hour ago, LagJanson said:

That's cute. Multiple harpoons on ps12... Oh, wait, that's kinda gross. Though once the alpha is spent I guess you're running for 50 minutes?

Presumably. although dropping to crackshot let’s you put tlt on the hwk so it’s not totally useless after you’ve expended your harpoons.

Friend of mine’s done well with this against tactician wookies and all things Gunboat... no clue if it’s anything viable in the meta though 

Shedder  (100)

•Poe Dameron (40) - T-70 X-Wing
Intensity (2), •R5-P9 (3), Primed Thrusters (1), •Black One (1), Integrated Astromech (0)

Red Squadron Veteran (30) - T-70 X-Wing
Expert Handling (2), Flight-Assist Astromech (1), Primed Thrusters (1), Integrated Astromech (0)

Red Squadron Veteran (30) - T-70 X-Wing
Expert Handling (2), Flight-Assist Astromech (1), Primed Thrusters (1), Integrated Astromech (0)

but regardless of this lists strengths, just the idea that X-Wings might have some meta answers is nice 

Brian Kibler talking on the old Elitist Jerk WoW forums about how he was going to go win worlds pro-tour while wearing a white suit, shirt and tie is one of my enduring memories of that time in my life.

The fact that he went on to do it sets him up there among the Gods in terms of show boating and gamesmanship.  

Is he an honorary Krayt?  You should send him templates and a core set, and see how long it takes him to win worlds x-wing.

Edited by Dreadai

I think the podcast is good. My only small complain is that sometime the interviewee doesnt get all the place he deserves. Take the one with Paul Heaver for example. A lot of time Paul gets cut while saying something interesting. The 2 other guys talk way more than him. 

Edited by Thormind

The listener series episodes are so good, I knew I was a scrub but didn’t have words. This is ego, but I might be the local final boss. Time to get a team together.

I do feel a little bad for Chumbalya, was he there until you cut to the part with Zack? He said about two sentences the whole time. 

Edited by AEIllingworth

16 minutes ago, AEIllingworth said:

The listener series episodes are so good, I knew I was a scrub but didn’t have words. This is ego, but I might be the local final boss. Time to get a team together.

I do feel a little bad for Chumbalya, was he there until you cut to the part with Zack? He said about two sentences the whole time. 

Yeah, it's a real problem - it's hard to get better once you're the king of scrub mountain.  I think it's why we see a lot of the most consistent players come from places that have the sheer population density to support a large enough player base that there's always competition.

We recorded it in 3 main segments, with some extra stuff thrown in once those were done.  Unfortunately Daddy only had time to be around for the first 45 minutes or so :(

Edited by Brunas

On 12/20/2017 at 10:54 PM, Brunas said:

I knew these Q1 swarm tatics alt-arts would come in handy one day!

Edited by Mattman7306
"leader" to "tactics", confused one garbage ept for the other

@Mattman7306 don't you talk about about Swarm Leader, my boy Omega Ace put 5 crits into Rey last night, clearly making it good.

Where's @Chumbalaya - we discovered optics omega ace this week as the ultimate meme machine AND I NEED BATREPS

Oh look, 5 crits (98)

"Omega Ace" — TIE/fo Fighter 20
Swarm Leader 3
Advanced Optics 2
Ship Total: 25

Rexler Brath — TIE Defender 37
Expertise 4
TIE/x7 -2
Ship Total: 39

Colonel Vessery — TIE Defender 35
Veteran Instincts 1
TIE/x7 -2
Ship Total: 34

16 minutes ago, Brunas said:

@Mattman7306 don't you talk about about Swarm Leader, my boy Omega Ace put 5 crits into Rey last night, clearly making it good.

Where's @Chumbalaya - we discovered optics omega ace this week as the ultimate meme machine AND I NEED BATREPS

Oh look, 5 crits (98)

"Omega Ace" — TIE/fo Fighter 20
Swarm Leader 3
Advanced Optics 2
Ship Total: 25

Rexler Brath — TIE Defender 37
Expertise 4
TIE/x7 -2
Ship Total: 39

Colonel Vessery — TIE Defender 35
Veteran Instincts 1
TIE/x7 -2
Ship Total: 34

When Advanced Optics was first spoiled, I was like "cool a card to make Omega Ace do something in my semi-jank FO aces squad".  Now I'm like "Advanced Optics is so good this might not be a joke".  You need Mk2 Engines on that Rexler Brath, I think, though.  Does Miranda usually take a bid?

4 minutes ago, Biophysical said:

When Advanced Optics was first spoiled, I was like "cool a card to make Omega Ace do something in my semi-jank FO aces squad".  Now I'm like "Advanced Optics is so good this might not be a joke".  You need Mk2 Engines on that Rexler Brath, I think, though.  Does Miranda usually take a bid?

Typically not. It's kinda win win for miranda since if you have init you can regen before they shoot. If the opponent moves first you have better information for dropping unlimited bombs. The exception is paul who wants his miranda to be worth even more 

7 minutes ago, Biophysical said:

Adv Optics is no joke on f/o's...or just about anything.  Your mention of it has already started to spread locally.  All I want now is a Resistance A-wing with a tech slot and my world will be complete.