SaltMaster 5000

Carolina Krayts is the best X-Wing podcast

39 minutes ago, svelok said:

Yeah, it was meant as a "look more closely here" flag, not a practical classification

"thingy that moves weird" would've been the most accurate name

EVERY MINUTE DECISION YOU DO MUST BE PERFECT IN EVERY WAY FOR EVERYONE'S USES

also, 666 get, dank

Edited by Brunas

Wow. Just wow.

So, I'm going to try my hand at Xwing media. Got a volunteer, and a game plan to show thoughts and decisions behind the moves. Only thing I don't have is a date.

Well, also hunting a way to draw lines and such on the video live but that'll just save time. It's not mandatory as since its pre-recorded I can make an additional editing pass to add this stuff in post.

1 hour ago, LagJanson said:

Wow. Just wow.

So, I'm going to try my hand at Xwing media. Got a volunteer, and a game plan to show thoughts and decisions behind the moves. Only thing I don't have is a date.

Well, also hunting a way to draw lines and such on the video live but that'll just save time. It's not mandatory as since its pre-recorded I can make an additional editing pass to add this stuff in post.

Make sure to post it here,  i'm looking forward to seeing your work

27 minutes ago, catachanninja said:

Make sure to post it here,  i'm looking forward to seeing your work

Will do, but don't get expectations up. Expect an awkward, amateurish disaster. Page 666 seemed a good point though to admit I'm following through on thoughts made unknowable pages ago.

I think the target audience is more for people starting to think about their game rather than top level players.

Sadly, I've got one open weekend before Christmas to pull this off, so I'm hoping everything aligns. I have to learn a lot of software fast to pull off plan B.

How long do you think it will be before we see one of these being played instead of the 1.0 Chad Silencer?

DSCN9032.jpg

@Major Tom yeah but then there was that time they reached out to the makers of a popular fan-made deck builder for Underworlds and made that their official builder

Edited by Polda

12 hours ago, LagJanson said:

@Musical Xeno I'm pretty sure does this on GSP already. Help him Dion Morales....you're his only hope. 

2 minutes ago, Kaptin Krunch said:

How have I not made a Dion Moralo card yet?

If you would miss a premier event, you may spend 1 filthy internet dollar. If you do, place yourself on a flight instead. At the start of the next System Open, place yourself within range 1 of the streaming table.

12 minutes ago, Chumbalaya said:

If you would miss a premier event, you may spend 1 filthy internet dollar. If you do, place yourself on a flight instead. At the start of the next System Open, place yourself within range 1 of the streaming table.

@Musical Xeno will you kill me if I do this for krayt cup?

Edited by Brunas

Order Page 666 Content Booster....hyperspace looks fun! 

I haven't tried to wrap my mind around Resistance or FO yet, still not done trying to find cool Rebel, Imperial, or Scum lists. 

Kylo and Poe are going to be fantastic, but i am no where near done "learning" how to play Vader and Fenn yet. 

So heres what I am thinking, these aren't super optimized and definitely a bit of "i like these things so I put them in a list" going on here. 

Of course there is also 5 Striker Wampa which is always in my kit regardless of format. 

Imperial: 190 pts 

Countdown is semi tanky against lower ship count lists and Duchess poses a more "complete" threat with Lone Wolf.

Could swap Countdown for Vermiel but I am a genuine believer in Prockets on Vader still, probably a bad idea but this "feels" solid. 

Can go trip Sentinel instead but I dont know if that would be significantly more capable than this. 

Darth Vader — TIE Advanced x1 70
Supernatural Reflexes 12
Fire-Control System 3
Proton Rockets 7
Afterburners 8
Ship Total: 100
Half Points: 50 Threshold: 3

“Duchess” — TIE/sk Striker 42
Lone Wolf 4
Ship Total: 46
Half Points: 23 Threshold: 2

“Countdown” — TIE/sk Striker 44
Ship Total: 44
Half Points: 22 Threshold: 2

Scum: 189 pts

Oddly enough of the 3 lists here this is probably my favorite since Fangs are just so unforgiving at times and entertaining as a result.  

I want to keep Fenn/Old T as the starting point ( not interested in Scum Han or Escape Crafts as the third, they play awkwardly ).

Fangs seem great in the format. Three together is cool because they can move the 1st box location around reasonably well before the initial engage. 

Their defensive abilities shine that much more but still gotta watch out for the wrong range engage, bombs, alt arcs, and those Proton Torp Alphas. 

Fenn Rau — Fang Fighter 68
Fearless 3
Ship Total: 71
Half Points: 36 Threshold: 2

Old Teroch — Fang Fighter 56
Fearless 3
Ship Total: 59
Half Points: 30 Threshold: 2

Skull Squadron Pilot — Fang Fighter 50
Fearless 3
Adv. Proton Torpedoes 6

Rebel: 195 pts

Rebel list building for Hyperspace is actually kinda awesome? This seems fun. 

Tubes is basically an entire Movie in one Ship and Super Luke plays a tiny bit like Kylo. 

Luke Skywalker — T-65 X-Wing 62
Supernatural Reflexes 12
Servomotor S-foils 0
Ship Total: 74
Half Points: 37 Threshold: 3

Benthic Two Tubes — UT-60D U-Wing 47
Saw Gerrera 8
Jyn Erso 2
Pivot Wing 0
Ship Total: 57
Half Points: 29 Threshold: 4

Wedge Antilles — T-65 X-Wing 52
Swarm Tactics 3
Proton Torpedoes 9
Servomotor S-foils 0
Ship Total: 64
Half Points: 32 Threshold: 3
Edited by Boom Owl

3 minutes ago, Boom Owl said:

Scum: 189 pts

Oddly enough of the 3 lists here this is probably my favorite since Fangs are just so unforgiving at times and entertaining as a result.  

I want to keep Fenn/Old T as the starting point ( not interested in Scum Han or Escape Crafts as the third ).

Fangs seem great in the format. Their defensive abilities shine that much more but still gotta watch out for the wrong range engage and those Proton Torp Alphas. 

Fenn Rau — Fang Fighter 68
Fearless 3
Ship Total: 71
Half Points: 36 Threshold: 2

Old Teroch — Fang Fighter 56
Fearless 3

Skull Squadron Pilot — Fang Fighter 50
Fearless 3
Adv. Proton Torpedoes 6

I really like triple fangs simple, Fenn/Kad/Teroch.  Whereas your APT Skull seems to be trying to draw fire away from Fenn and Teroch, Kad can be tossed in, no one wants to shoot him first, and can punish some when(if?) he flips around.  

Tangentially related, I suspect Hyperspace is going to generate a bidding war for I6s.  Poe, (all three) Han, Vader....they all want to dodge arcs.  Midnight and QD might not care as much, but Fenn might start caring a lot.

14 minutes ago, gennataos said:

I really like triple fangs simple, Fenn/Kad/Teroch.  Whereas your APT Skull seems to be trying to draw fire away from Fenn and Teroch, Kad can be tossed in, no one wants to shoot him first, and can punish some when(if?) he flips around.  

Tangentially related, I suspect Hyperspace is going to generate a bidding war for I6s.  Poe, (all three) Han, Vader....they all want to dodge arcs.  Midnight and QD might not care as much, but Fenn might start caring a lot.

I dont believe any of the "bidding war" hype. 

The Imperial 185 Pt Death Star list is probably the best version of that we will ever see. 

And only a select few people even bother to run it in Extended. (Always does well when they do). 

But its like the same 10-15 players who even talk about or consider using it. 

Everyone else snowflakes and runs above 190. 

High bid lists feel like the kinda thing we talk about constantly but the rest of the playerbase just ignores when they go to choose a list. 

Edited by Boom Owl

1 minute ago, Boom Owl said:

The Imperial 185 Pt Death Star list is probably the best version of that we will ever see. 

And only a select few people even bother to run it in Extended. (Always does well when they do). 

High bid lists feel like the kinda thing we talk about constantly but the rest of the playerbase just ignores when they go to choose a list. 

Kylo, and page 666, says 'hi!"

4 minutes ago, Tlfj200 said:

Kylo, and page 666, says 'hi!"

I cant wait to run Kylo. 

But i dont believe the playerbase at all. 

They lived in fear of using autothrusters kylo with a bid in 1.0.

I dont expect anything to change here. 

Barely anyone even runs Super Luke and hes one of the good guys!

Edited by Boom Owl

3 minutes ago, Boom Owl said:

Just because you don't believe it, doesn't make it any less true!